Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Yes, it felt that way, and it wouldn't have been necessary, could certainly have been done differently. I might watch the alternate ending to see if they did something different there, but I doubt it.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

watched you don't mess with the zohan for the 2nd time last night. i think i laughed harder this time. overall, another retarded movie, but silly enough to make you laugh hard in several places throughout the movie. rob schneider actually had a larger role in this one than most (he's usually just a cameo), and did rather well i thought. at least, his character was funny.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

watched you don't mess with the zohan for the 2nd time last night. i think i laughed harder this time. overall, another retarded movie, but silly enough to make you laugh hard in several places throughout the movie. rob schneider actually had a larger role in this one than most (he's usually just a cameo), and did rather well i thought. at least, his character was funny.

taks

You Don't Mess with the Zohan was magic. In a turn off your brain before it shorts out from all the stupidity kind of way. Making John Turturro a villain was genius.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

it was that stupid. i did like turturro's character, too. a little too much emphasis on the bang-bang, however. i think it could have been replaced with something else, though the bits with the one guy's mother were some of the funniest (chugging maalox, and similar gags).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Marley & Me.

I liked it about as much as you can without actually loving it. That's a good thing, btw. I'd heard it wasn't a 'slapstick' comedy, like the ads might make you think, and it definitely wasn't. Much better than that. Some laughs, but also poignant moments about how life has twists and turns. More like the tone of When Harry Met Sally, maybe.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's a scene for scene remake of REC. I question the need to make exactly the same movie with American actors. It looks like they even shot it in the same apartment building.

I'm really tired of the hand held gimmick, although I admit it works better for this kind of movie than in most other cases.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's a scene for scene remake of REC. I question the need to make exactly the same movie with American actors. It looks like they even shot it in the same apartment building.

I'm really tired of the hand held gimmick, although I admit it works better for this kind of movie than in most other cases.

Hmm, looks like [REC] isn't available in the states. I don't mind a remake if the original is in a different language. As long as it is done decently.

Hmm, looks like [REC] isn't available in the states. I don't mind a remake if the original is in a different language. As long as it is done decently.

Subtitles are a wonderful thing. Besides it's Spanish, don't you all get that in school.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hey guise can you recommend me some good (niche) SciFi movies a'la Sunshine or Solaris? Perhaps there are some I've missed.

The Fountain is the only one I can think right now.. It's not as much a Sci-fi as the two mentioned, but it touches on some of the same themes, ideas and moods. And the score is amazing, just like with Solaris.

In the "sci-fi-lite" ball-yard we have;

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Science of Sleep, and La cit

Fortune favors the bald.

Dubbing is unforgivable. Unless it's a kung fu movie, then it's somehow agreeable.

Haha, and I agree.

I saw dubbed Das Boat on VHS the first time, and I thought "nice sub scenes but what's the big deal about this movie?" Then I saw the subtitle version, and suddenly it's one of my all time fave films of all time. But hubby hates subtitles (he's a verrrry slow reader) so I don't see many films that have them.

No movies seen yet this week. Maybe over the weekend.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

blood diamond

2 things to say about this movie

1. - leonardo dicaprio speaking in a south african accent - amusing

2. - jennifer connelly is damn hawt

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Finished Snatch (2000) good flick, the dog was unnecessary/annoying.

I like it, great movie.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds