Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Every video on Fable, Fallout, and Gears on IGN.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Pan's Labyrinth

So the DVD has shown up again, and I watched it. At the end, I was crying, which in turn made me laugh, feeling stupid sitting in our livingroom crying for a, not even complete, death of a movie character, while no real death has moved me to tears so far. Ha, strange.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

So I saw The Wrestler tonight. Was really looking forward to this one, as I'm a big Aronofsky fan, and just as big a Clint Mansell fan (the composer of all his soundtracks, the score of The Fountain was bloody brilliant).

My verdict on The Wrestler: it was pretty good, although I expected it to be quite different than it turned out to be. There wasn't nearly as much obsession in this film as in previous Aronofsky films, and obsession is more or less his trademark theme. After mathematics in Pi, drug addiction in Requiem, and coping with mortality in The Fountain, I was really expecting Aronofsky to explore sports obsession in The Wrestler, but in reality it was more about dealing with loneliness. Mickey Rourke did nail the role; I can't imagine Nicholas Cage (who was originally supposed to be the leading role) putting down the same level of performance.

Next Aronofsky project is The Fighter with Brad Pitt. Curious to see how different this will be from The Wrestler. And after that, it's the new RoboCop. I'm hoping for that one to focus on the moral implications of strictly following the law, which is a theme Aronofsky should definitely be up to.

I went to see Body of Lies yesterday and saw Passchendaele earlier today. Quite enjoyed both of them, although the decorations the theatre had up for Passchendaele were a little inaccurate. They had all these little plastic paratroopers all over the place, but I don't recall many paratroopers in the First World War...

They had all these little plastic paratroopers all over the place, but I don't recall many paratroopers in the First World War...

No :o

Half a million corpses in various degrees of decomposing would have been more accurate decoration.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They had all these little plastic paratroopers all over the place, but I don't recall many paratroopers in the First World War...

No :o

Half a million corpses in various degrees of decomposing would have been more accurate decoration.

I'm not sure you can call "half a million corpses" a decoration.

Pan's Labyrinth

One of the best movies ever - if rather sad. :thumbsup:

it's an awesome movie. i bought it as soon as i saw it out on dvd :)

i'm debating whether or not to go along to a friend's place tonight. we were gonna have a movie night with films like Airplane, Mafia, and Hot Shots etc

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The Hunting Party - Solid adventure flick. The best part was listening to the interview at the end about what really happened. It's based on a group of journalists that unwittingly end up very close to a wanted war criminal in Bosnia.

I saw "Nuking the Fridge" with Shia LaBeouf. This movie is one of those alternative history things where they say "what if" Marlon Brando had been a little twerp in The Wild One, got mixed up with Aussie-Commies and contacted his estranged father who he makes ride bitch on his motorcycle throughout the whole movie. Picture The Mummy meets Red Dawn outside of a bar, they get to talking and one thing leads to another and The Mummy end up sodomizing a drunk Red Dawn back at her apartment while Hook looks on.

Earlier I saw The Cat's Meow. Not a great title, but I'm a sucker for anything about Willy R. Hearst. A typical Kristen Dunst, why is she in this?, type performance, she's never been a favorite of mine and Marion Davies would be a tough role for someone who actually could act. Edward Herrmann was an exceptional Hearst, while everyone else had roles they could handle. Joanna Lumley did a more then fair job when it came to actually playing Elinor Glyn but her narrative through out the movie was a bit too dry, still though better than the Crystal Skullies.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"Nuking the Fridge" is indeed an odd film. I've read that Shia and others defend it as the same kind of movie released in the 80s and that it is the audience that has changed, not the film. I honestly don't think that is the case as I really enjoyed the original Mummy film and the more recent Pirates trilogy which both have similar if not an identical feel. "Swinging with Monkeys" just feels like a soulless cash in.

Earlier I saw The Cat's Meow. Not a great title, but I'm a sucker for anything about Willy R. Hearst. A typical Kristen Dunst, why is she in this?, type performance, she's never been a favorite of mine and Marion Davies would be a tough role for someone who actually could act. Edward Herrmann was an exceptional Hearst, while everyone else had roles they could handle. Joanna Lumley did a more then fair job when it came to actually playing Elinor Glyn but her narrative through out the movie was a bit too dry, still though better than the Crystal Skullies.

I thought the casting was mostly spot on in The Cat's Meow. I think Dunst and Lumley nailed their characters perfectly. Herrmann and Tilly were awesome as well. Eddie Izzard was the only actor who disappointed me, as I felt he made Chaplin into too much of a caricature.

I never really got all the hate that Kirsten Dunst gets.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Hunting Party - Solid adventure flick. The best part was listening to the interview at the end about what really happened. It's based on a group of journalists that unwittingly end up very close to a wanted war criminal in Bosnia.

I don't know when the movie came out, but again fact proves weirder than fiction, if you recall the fox was caught posing as herbal/alternative medicine healer, had no bodyguards of any kind and had completely changed his appearance. He has a psychology degree, and conning people had just always come natural to him.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Max Payne

couple of little things they did at the start that would have been cool to see keep going

like when he gets in a fight and with every hit there's a flash of red

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I believe it was National Lampoon's Vacation, the first one. I remember seeing this movie when I was a kid, and I'll tell you, Ellen Griswold's soapy wet boobs blew my adolescent mind. Beverly D'Angelo was one of the first crushes I can remember besides Sophia Loren and Jodi from the Fall Guy. Without this movie who knows if I would have been able to become a total perv so early in life. The movie is, ah good, I guess, never really been too big a Chevy Chase fan.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

chevy is a very dry talent. i love his acting and his comedy, but only in certain settings. he had a few stinkers, but all of the vacation movies are on my list of faves. his stint as a talk-show host, however, was abysmal.

beverly == milf back then.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I remember seeing this movie when I was a kid, and I'll tell you, Ellen Griswold's soapy wet boobs blew my adolescent mind.

Ah, some boobs you just never forget. :sorcerer:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Indiana Jones part 4

Some cute moments, but the thrill is gone. I couldn't say there was anything horribly wrong with it, really...but every scene in it I felt like I'd seen in another movie (and often done better). ie, no suspense or wonderment.

But it was still cool to see Ford swing that whip one more time. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Incredible Hulk. And bonus features/ deleted scenes. I know this movie rates a pretty distant third in this years crop of Superhero movies, but the more I watch it, the more I like it. The scenes in Brazil were beautiful, and some of the extra footage paints a better picture of the Bruce / Betty relationship. A big chunk of the extra footage deals with love triangle with those two and Doc Samson.

And I never hated the earlier Hulk film. I just hated any scene that had Nick Nolte in it. And as much as I enjoyed Sam Elliot as Thunderbolt Ross the first time around, William Hurt had a much better role. And Tim Roth was cool. Just about made me think a little brit could be a kick ass (super?) soldier.

Two things I didn't like about this film. The casting of the guy as Doc Samson. Never been a big fan of the guy, who I can't even name. I guess it's moot, since he gets pretty much no screen time in the theatrical version.

And Liv Tyler is no Jennifer Connelly.

There's no big superhero movies 'till Watchmen comes out, right?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Once upon a time in the West

How the **** did I live before seeing this movie? Screw V for Vendetta, this is my new favorite.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Iron Man

Pretty good comic book movie considering most (all) of them are bad. The suit and fights were pretty neat and well made and cg'd which I enjoyed quite a bit though stuff like the light in his chest and the electro reactor looked quite cheesy but only a minor complaint. The acting was pretty good throughout (with the exception of pepper) and I loved the casting of Jeff Bridges but I'd say my main gripe with the film is the storyline and some of the setups but other than that it was enjoyable.

I give Iron Man 924.138 out of 1000.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.