Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

And remember: spoilertags are good.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Shaft was on tv yesterday, and tomorrow I heard Isaac Hayes has passed. Pretty crappy but Bale as an arrogant prick is always fun to watch.

anyways RIP Chef

That's got to be the only movie that he's ever been a bad-guy... It's an interesting turn whereas he's normally the lovable good guy. And rest in peace Isaac

and tomorrow I heard Isaac Hayes has passed.

you must have one of them time travel thingies, eh? :lol:

anyways RIP Chef

yeah, he'll be missed. based on what i've read, he wasn't up to the task of continuing as chef after his stroke anyway, so we probably got all the chef we would have gotten. too bad.

i have not watched anything lately, either.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

What is supposed to happen to dead Scientologists?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Xenu will suck their blood and soul essence and then after undoing world reshapes them to godly glowing balls of might

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Xenu will suck their blood and soul essence and then after undoing world reshapes them to godly glowing balls of might

Seriously?

-Elwood Blues

I may have to begin espousing the theory that Sand is God, and he created the World in seven days. 'Loh, and on the remaining days he art seen in the convenience store, racially profiling customer's soft drink choices.'

-Elwood Blues

and tomorrow this morning I heard Isaac Hayes has passed.

you must have one of them time travel thingies, eh? :p

silly time limit for editing posts. rule makes no sense

based on what i've read, he wasn't up to the task of continuing as chef after his stroke anyway, so we probably got all the chef we would have gotten. too bad.

he wasn't planning on continuing as Chef ever since the Scientology episode, being a scientologist himself. the character Chef was killed off quite some time ago

Seriously?

I don't know, could be :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Seriously?

I don't know, could be :p

Why not? I declare it to be so!

-Elwood Blues

SO IT IS

I watched Dr. Strangelove and the question is same as always:

Best comedy ever or best comedy ever?

he wasn't planning on continuing as Chef ever since the Scientology episode, being a scientologist himself. the character Chef was killed off quite some time ago

he had his stroke a few months before his "resignation" in march of 2006 (episode aired in november, 2005), so he was basically done as the chef anyway. he wasn't really the one that resigned, either. his scientology buddies resigned for him, though they had put him under considerable pressure to do so from the time the episode aired until they actually did the deed.

taks

SO IT IS

I watched Dr. Strangelove and the question is same as always:

Best comedy ever or best comedy ever?

I love that, but I have a problem with that film, as I can never decide which is better - Slim Pickens keeping his Stetson locked in a vault on the bomber for the time when they drop the big one, or Peter Sellers (as President) saying to George C. Scott (playing an american general) og Peter Bull (playing the russian ambassador): "Gentlemen, You can't fight in here - this is the war room!" :lol::thumbsup:

I re-watched Wong Kar Wai's Fallen Angels. Quite apart from having some of the sexiest lady moments in it, it's got gunfights, and a man massaging a pig. Quite fantastic.

-Elwood Blues

Saw "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" today. Terrible. Even worse than the second - just lots of big explosions and CGI with mediocre acting. Maria Bello tries in vain to copy Rachel Weiss' performance as Evelyn and fails instead of making the character her own. There is no challenge to the her and Brendan Fraser as the couple of the movie, though, when Isabella Leong and Luke Ford play as terribly as they do here. Brendan Fraser and John Hannah seem to have looked around, noted the lowered bar when it comes to giving a performance and then shrug their shoulders saying, "Oh what the heck - it's just The Mummy AND a secure paycheck". Hint: You know things aren't good when upon leaving the theatre, you catch yourself thinking, "actually, Jet Li played pretty well in this flick."

Big explosions and visual computer effects do not a movie make. They really should have let the Mummy rest in peace... :lol:

I disagree. They ought to have done better.

I personally think it is all down to a-hole studio execs who try to forumlarise success. They can't grasp that it's a mix of perfection and imperfection, and misfires that makes a great movie.

-Elwood Blues

Does Jet Li get to kick the main actors' asses?

Because that's the only reason I'd see the movie.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I salute you, sir

you know what's sad about this is that the pressure his scientology buddies had put him under (to resign) could easily have triggered the stroke.

taks

I salute you, sir

you know what's sad about this is that the pressure his scientology buddies had put him under (to resign) could easily have triggered the stroke.

taks

Possibly. But I'd put my money on being overweight.

-Elwood Blues