Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

So we've concluded italian mobsters are incredibly badass?

Jeez, that makes Godfather even more amazing!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Anyway, I think his performance isn't praised as often as Ledger's not only because he's still breathing, but because his role in the movie is accessory to the Batman/Joker antagonism which is the main theme of the movie.

I suppose that's true. But I realized that Aaron Eckhart silently walked away with this film when during Bruce his fundraiser speech my brain went "I do believe in Harvey Dent".

Watched Eagle Eye. Halfway through the movie however, the screen suddenly shut off and the fire alarms started; and I got a little freaked out when a female announcer's voice (eerily similar to the voice of the Eagle Eye) came out and sprouted something about a bomb threat to the building. I was guessing it was a hoax that is part of the movie experience or something. Turns out it's just a false alarm and everybody got free tickets valid till November for that little bomb scare.

The Dark Knight.

This movie was way over hyped and ended up just being decent, though considering it was a comic book movie I'll upgrade it since they usually suck. My main gripe with the movie is that it was long as hell and could have used about a half an hour shaved off for it to be a bit more palatable. There were some nice and gritty parts to the movie but again people ruined them by hyping them up (aka the pencil trick) and this time around the story was actually pretty good, albiet kind of convoluted with the 50 plot twists and multiple villians vying for screen time.

All in all I'd have to give it a respectable 8.5/10.

Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?

This was basically a documentary done by Morgan Spurlock, the guy famous for Super Size Me, in which he tries to "find" Osama Bin Laden by traveling to the Middle East. The title and premise is quite misleading since it was definitely a movie meant to give insight into Middle Eastern culture, people, and politics. There was also quite a bit of his personal story thrown in, with the birth of his child being focused on many times in the movie. Although the title lies I thought it was a very entertaining movie, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't a fan of Morgan and the stuff he does.

I give Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden 8.73 I hate you you bastard becuase I want to shoot a rocket launcher and mounted machine guns and other assorted weapons in the mountains too out of 10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

watched bordertown with j-lo and antonio banderas. not too bad, but j-lo ain't the best actress. the movie was sort of schizophrenic, hopping around without much coherence, but the story was overall pretty good.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I thought Eckhart did a very good job in Batman (as did almost all of the other actors).

Yesterday, I've seen D-Tox at night because I couldn't convince myself to go to bed. I was surprised it had its share of good moments which I didn't expect in a Stallone-movie, despite logic errors etc. The thing with Stallone movies is, they're not cheap enough to have that trash-entertainment factor like some horror movies, or stuff starring Dolph Lundgren, so I mostly find them plain bad :ermm: But this, I'd rate it at about 6.5 / 10. Clearly above average, with good ideas and some humor.

Tonight, I'm going to watch Pan's Labyrinth - in fact, I'm just about to put in the DVD, so good night everyone :o

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Zeitgeist: Addendum

Actually pretty good. A lot better than the first becuase it wasn't as conspiracy theory-ish or bat s wacky. Enjoyed the first half because it was almost all about the monetary system and how it's basically designed to screw us and also to a much greater extent the rest of the world. The second half went into a completely different direction becuase it was mostly a guy from "The Venus Project" and how we should move to a resource based society and how all this stuff is wrong with our current system. While commendable and I do agree that society does need to change drastically some of their justifications are just plain wrong. One of their justifications was that the "communism = people not working becuase they don't really have to since there is no incentive" is a myth. I'm pretty sure if I got a free place to stay with all the food I wanted and utilities and what not I wouldn't do anything but chillax and watch tv. Hell, that's exactly what I did from age 0-19 under those circumstances. Then the ending. Movie was easy A material but then they just threw together some crappy ending sequence of just like their friends and their debut onto the acting stage combined with possibly the most horrendous special effects I have ever seen only comparable to something you'd see from the high school news club.

But not taking those last 2 minutes into account I'd give the film about a 91.3 and a half out of 10.

Go crazy super futuristic utopian paradise society. Bioshock, here we come, b*****.

Edit: wow, I didn't know the b word didn't get auto filtered.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Phantom Menace.

Pros. The lightsaber duel at the end. The music is good.

Cons. That boy who played Anakin. Jar Jar of course. Those stupid battle droids. The movie trying to go after the kiddie audience. If it was more (adult) PG-13 or R rated it would have been better.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

3:10 to Yuma - a solid 7/10. Kept me interested all the way through, which is enough. Bale's character is interesting and enigmatic, as opposed to Crowe's, which comes across somewhat corny... I think they tried too hard to make him neat.

Equilibrium. I rate this one a lol/10.

...lol.

I thought it was a good lol/10 though.

I came away entertained.

Iron Man. Again, from the comfort of my own home. It's too bad TDK will overshadow a very solid film. I'm interested in seeing more from Terrence Howard in the sequel.

And I took one for the team and saw My Best Friends Girl with my girlfriend. At least she bought the tickets.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

A documentary about steroid use and performance enhancing drugs throughout American culture. I wanted to really like the movie but it ended up being only above sub par in my opinion. I'd have to say the main problem I had with the movie is that I couldn't find a clear message besides cheating is wrong but cheaters win. I can understand him wanting to just present the facts and let people come to a conclusion but he didn't really do anything like that what so ever. It was convoluted, first exploring the moral implications of cheating in organized sports, then the social impact of body image in american culture, then going back to cheating and all this other stuff. Just kind of misplaced and unorganized as a whole. My main gripe would have to be that he never defended steroids in any meaningful way which is total bs since they are proven to be efficient and non harmful when used correctly. In fact I'm considering doing them myself. Either way the premise was cool and the guy doing the documentary had his heart in the right place.

I give Bigger, Stronger, Faster 84.7831 milligrams of internet shipped horse steroids out of 100.

Iron Man

Got it Friday and watched it 2-3 times over the weekend. I thought it was excellent and Iron Man has been a comic hero of mine from way back. Ok, so I found it a little silly that after the escape all of his shirts were tailor made to have an hole in the center to perfectly fit and display his heart magnet thingy.

"Goodbye, Lenin"

It was less funny, but more uplifting than i expected. I'd class it as a 'must see' for anyone who can cope without one single explosion (although there were some savage beatings).

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Onion Movie. Basically the Onion, done up like a CNN type channel with various skits and such. I found it enjoyable. Not for the easily offended.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nick Fury appears after the end credits.

Hmm, Ill have to watch them when I get home. I never watch the credits.

We fortunately remained until after the credits, so the (quite cool) episode wasn't wasted - a pity for the 90 percent of the audience that left too early ;)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority