Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

there was a nick fury movie on last night, with david hasselhoff. it took all of 2 minutes to change the channel.

i watched most of "30 days of night" last night. the critters were interesting. "god? <looks around> <shakes his head> no god." that's the line i remember from the previews and that scene is pretty spooky, but overall, the movie was a bit retarded. the ending really sucked. i hate those "i did it this way because there was no other way, you all would have died otherwise" endings when in fact, all they needed to do was wait around for 2 minutes and the problem would have resolved itself.

maybe 6/10. i didn't catch the beginning so i didn't understand a lot of the background (like why the main vamp said a lot of the things he said). perhaps another half a notch if the backstory makes sense.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Speed Racer has now been out on video for 24 days and I have yet to see a review here (except the one from theslug, who is awesome and saw it in the theater).

I'm about to quit talking to you guys...

*hmph*

not that that's much of a threat....

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Speed Racer has now been out on video for 24 days and I have yet to see a review here (except the one from theslug, who is awesome and saw it in the theater).

I'm about to quit talking to you guys...

*hmph*

not that that's much of a threat....

new best friend

<3

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm completely confused.... Juno was a cartoon?

oops, what hurlshot said... my bad.

taks

In that case... BLASHPHEMER!!!

:ermm:

j/k you're allowed to find it tedious on the second viewing, I suppose, but I almost imagine it had more to do with the setting than the movie. I saw it for the second time in IMAX (the only reason I went to see it again, really) and it was... breathtaking...

Ok, I'm gonna fire up the soundtrack now, I just got the song where they're racing up the mountain through the switch backs stuck in my head....

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I saw The Lookout. Definitely worth seeing. Joseph Gordon-Levitt impresses once again.

Just hope he doesn't disappoint as Cobra Commander.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I saw The Lookout. Definitely worth seeing. Joseph Gordon-Levitt impresses once again.

Just hope he doesn't disappoint as Cobra Commander.

Yea I'm really curious about that one too. Not that I'm looking forward that much to a GI Joe flick, but it's a totally different kind of film than we've previously seen him in. It might make or break his mainstream career.

The Hammer.

As some as you may know I'm a pretty big Adam Carolla fan and I enjoy his work. This movie is basically one he put together himself, co-written and produced and edited and financed. Even though it's a low budget film it had actually pretty decent production value, nothing too fancy or anything but it worked and it was a nice little film that I enjoyed quite a bit. It was funny, albeit a lot of subtle humor but it was just chalk full of clever wise cracking and what not, just a type of humor you don't really see in movies and its something you can really appreciate becuase it doesn't rely on retarded set ups or shock humor. The story follows a 40 year old construction worker and part time boxing instructor who gives boxing one last shot after being fired from his construction job and being dumped by his girlfriend. The plot obviously isn't anything original or particularly moving but it does it's job and keeps the film interesting. I could continue to praise the film but there is really only one complaint I could make against it and that was some acting on the part of the antagonist. This is basically where the low production values came through becuase I suppose they didn't have the budget to reshoot. In a few scenes Adam's character is going off on a rant or something and the antogonist can't help but laugh or smirk and they tried to edit it out as best as possible but it slipped through a few brief scenes.

All in all it was a very charming comedy and something I'd recommend. I'd rate it a solid 9 out of 10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I saw Hank and Mike at the Film Festival of Ghent. I thought it was a decent flick, but I can see why some people would dislike it. Still, it's not very often that I like a film that only gets a 6-ish rating at imdb.

Next in line for the Film Festival are Madonna's Filth & Wisdom, Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla, and of course Aronofsky's The Wrestler.

Edited by Pope

That movie where Sylvester Stallone tries to be Rambo again. Did I mention that already? I don't remember. It's not worth remembering.

"The Midnight Meat Train" - has a decent creepy atmosphere for a while, but then fell flat for me.

"In Bruges" - I loved this movie. The ending was a bit disappointing, because it didn't keep pace w/all that was so great before that, but if you like "matter of fact" humor, it's awesome. The ads try to make it seem like an action movie - it's not. Deliberately slow-paced most of the time, surreal...and often hysterical. The action is at the end...and while it ties things up, it does so too neatly, or something...but still worth the ride.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Are we talking about the Rambo movie that came out like last year? I was actually pleasantly surprised by that one. Just like the most recent Rocky, I felt like he kept it fairly honest with being an old guy.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Pretty funny. That guy really didn't shy away from the full frontal shots.

I hope RocknRolla gets Ritchie back to his good stuff. It seems like it's been awhile for him.

Are we talking about the Rambo movie that came out like last year? I was actually pleasantly surprised by that one. Just like the most recent Rocky, I felt like he kept it fairly honest with being an old guy.

Completely agree there, Sly acted according to his age. Loved the ending as well, like in 'Rocky', there was some sensibility attached to it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy