Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

chevy is a very dry talent. i love his acting and his comedy, but only in certain settings. he had a few stinkers, but all of the vacation movies are on my list of faves. his stint as a talk-show host, however, was abysmal.

beverly == milf back then.

taks

The Fletch movies, in my opinion, are those stinkers. he was a classic in Caddy Shack though.

W.

Not a very good movie, mostly on account of the subject matter, which makes Bush an easily manipulated, naive fool that got to where he is on account of the people around him and a bit of strength of will. Some great acting, though. Richard Dreyfuss and Jeffrey Wright were particularly impressive, playing the bad guy and the good guy, respectively.

Bush tries to catch the ball, but it just flew over his head. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

chevy is a very dry talent. i love his acting and his comedy, but only in certain settings. he had a few stinkers, but all of the vacation movies are on my list of faves. his stint as a talk-show host, however, was abysmal.

beverly == milf back then.

taks

The Fletch movies, in my opinion, are those stinkers.

Fletch is awesome, I agree with you on Fletch Lives :x

Stinkers

Cops and Robbersons (1994)

Hero (1992)

Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)

Nothing But Trouble (1991)

L.A. Story (1991)

Fletch Lives (1989)

Caddyshack II (1988) Maybe the worst movie ever made.

Funny Farm (1988)

The Couch Trip (1988)

Memoirs of an Invisible Man is on the wrong list.

Heja Sverige!!

Fletch is awesome, I agree with you on Fletch Lives :x

Stinkers

Cops and Robbersons (1994)

Hero (1992)

Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)

Nothing But Trouble (1991)

L.A. Story (1991)

Fletch Lives (1989)

Caddyshack II (1988) Maybe the worst movie ever made.

Funny Farm (1988)

The Couch Trip (1988)

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

In Bruges is pretty effing awesome! Even Colin Farrel is good in it.

Heja Sverige!!

Obviously not seen it yet, but i definately looking forward to Eastwood's Gran Torino.

Hopefully it will go down the same path as Death Wish 3.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I saw Death Proof, saying this was a bad movie makes it seem like it accomplished some end. The fabled Tarantino dialogue seemed like it was written by Sporty Spice. For a long time I thought the beginning of the second half of the movie was suppose to get everyone on Stuntman Man's side. There seems to be a general idea that people who didn't like this movie have problems with strong feminine characters, but the two girls I saw the film with were screaming along side of me for Kurt Russel to kill those stupid bitches. Alas our pleas went unheard by the movie god's. Now I'm out almost two hours and my attraction to Zoe Bell has me questioning my sexuality :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/439399581_d0f0f5063e.jpg

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I finally got around to re-watching Whoops Apocalypse!

If anything, it has got funnier with age. Particularly post Iraq. Peter Cook is the best Prime Minister figure ever. But the US Presidency gags are particularly apposite.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lDstN0MWGKo

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And I can't think of anyone I knew who didn't like L.A. Story... but I can't for the life of me think of what party Chevy Chase would have played... huh.

uncredited. i don't remember seeing him, however. i loved la story. it was strange, that i can't argue.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

"Right at Your Door" - low budget movie w/pacing similar to "Open Water"...about a man during the aftermath of 'dirty bomb' attacks on Los Angeles. He seals himself in his house w/duct tape and then his wife shows up on the porch. The first half is compelling enough, but the middle bogs down and the two leads don't have a lot of chemistry. I kinda liked the ending. One of those movies where if you're in the right mood, you'll think it's interesting, but if you're not, you'll probably think it's just boring. :thumbsup:

"The Happening" - Direction: Ugh. Acting: Argh. Plot: HAHAHA. An attempted homage to "B" movies that fails miserably at even that.

Someone please tell Mark Wahlberg to never play a soft-spoken clueless 'good guy' again. Crazy woman near the end (Betty Buckley!!) was amusing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Bridge.

A documentary on the Golden Gate Bridge....and how it is where more people kill themselves than anywhere else in the world. I first heard about this movie about 2 years ago when the films creator was on a radio show I used to frequently listen to and I was thoroughly intrigued. The premise is quite morbid but a great subject in my opinion. Sadly, that's where my praise ends. The film was boring as hell and consisted of just the friends/family describing the stories and motivations of those that had died and that was it. It was completely lacking in one of my most favorite movie elements that is mostly found in only documentaries and that is narration. I would have loved the director to just jump in and split the monotony with some commentary of his own, maybe some stats, just anything to get away from those people for a minute. I do have to say before giving my score to anyone who would be interested that they do show footage of people committing the full act. That is, contemplating their life at the railing, making the decision, and hoisting themselves over and the camera catches the fall straight into the water so it could easily be seen as gruesome by women or young woodland critters.

I suppose I do have one extra praise and that was one of the dudes was a complete bad ass when he went. I mean just turned his back and sat on the railing and then just christ bombed/scuba dived it into the water. That was pretty insane.

The Bridge, I'm sorry to say old friend but you didn't make the cut. You were 24 suicides a year out of 39.764.

Wouldn't watch again nor recommend.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

And I can't think of anyone I knew who didn't like L.A. Story... but I can't for the life of me think of what party Chevy Chase would have played... huh.

uncredited. i don't remember seeing him, however. i loved la story. it was strange, that i can't argue.

taks

Is that the one with the freeway sign that would talk to Steve Martin?

Oh, and Three Amigos is awesome!!

Edited by alanschu

Not a movie, but watching Firefly episodes. They're good. Real good. A shame a) it's not continued b) they (so far, I'm at episode 5) have only used country music instead of doin' it spaghetti western style.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Not a movie, but watching Firefly episodes. They're good. Real good. A shame a) it's not continued b) they (so far, I'm at episode 5) have only used country music instead of doin' it spaghetti western style.

Firefly was great - "Jayne... The man they called Jayne - he robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor..." :shifty:

Firefly was great - "Jayne... The man they called Jayne - he robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor..." :shifty:
Oh yes, this was great :lol: The jokes in this series are really good, while they can make the viewer take it a lot less serious - otoh, which sci fi series where the main party always ends up smuggling cows or dueling with swords or saving a "witch" from being burnt can take itself serious? Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority