Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Are we talking about the Rambo movie that came out like last year? I was actually pleasantly surprised by that one. Just like the most recent Rocky, I felt like he kept it fairly honest with being an old guy.

Yeah, that's the one.

I think for what it is, it's not terrible or anything. Just not memorable.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"The Midnight Meat Train" - has a decent creepy atmosphere for a while, but then fell flat for me.

How odd I was reading about this movie yesterday. On some MMA site there was a short clip of an MMA fighter named Quintin Jackson that is in it and once I saw that cold, calculating bad ass English dude with a giant meat hammer beating him up, I knew I had to research the movie further. So I read the plot synopsis and I was like damn this movie is awesome, until I read the ending. :'(

If it came on tv that would be awesome (though unlikely) but other than that not watching.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

How can you not like Keanu? He knows kung fu. :-

I want to see that movie. It looks Terry Gilliam Twelve Monkeys weird and I like Terry Gilliam weirdness.

Keanu is pretty awesome. In street kings he took a shotgun blast to the abdomen from 10 feet away and still killed like 7 dudes with a pistol.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Usual Suspects.

really wish i could harness the power of a brainwashing-type mechanism to wipe my memory of that movie clean. i just want to watch it for the first time again.

still good.

i also purchased, and will be watching There Will Be Blood for the second (and definitely not the last) time when i can. Danny Day-Lewis just slays that film.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I watched The Happening last night. I can see how most people will not be impressed by this show, but I found it to be not bad, not bad at all. It wasn't scary by any means, but I found it quite disturbing. It fails on many levels, like, I dunno, dialogue and pacing, but you could tell that M. Night Shamalayan had somewhat of a decent idea this time around, not like The Village or Lady In The Water. He's credited with a role, but I honestly can't remember seeing him in any scenes. Which is good.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Xenu will suck their blood and soul essence and then after undoing world reshapes them to godly glowing balls of might

Seriously?

I don't know, could be :(

Why not? I declare it to be so!

Haven't watched any good movies lately..just saw Mama Mia last in theater.

Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones.

Pros:

Christopher Lee is just awesome.

The lightsaber fights.

Sam Jackson taking down Jango.

Not much of Jar Jar in this movie.

Less stupid humor compared to the first movie.

Cons:

Anakin and his childish out bursts. Someone who is suppose to be a Jedi should have better control of his emotions.

Anakin and Amadela romantic relationship seems hallow

A good movie which is far better than the first one. The Jedi are so arrogant no wonder they fell apart during this time period. Dooku can't be hiring assassins, he was a Jedi. Yeah whatever, stay in that fantasy. Or that old wench in the library commenting if something isn't in their archives, it doesn't exist.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The midnight meat train. Decent pacing, decent acting, above average splatter.

The plot wasn't worth the wait, and it wasn't the least bit scary.

What about the giant meat hammer? How awesome was it on a scale of 10-15. 10 being amazingly awesome and 15 being putting a shotgun in your mouth becuase life no longer has any value.

3:10 to Yuma - a solid 7/10. Kept me interested all the way through, which is enough. Bale's character is interesting and enigmatic, as opposed to Crowe's, which comes across somewhat corny... I think they tried too hard to make him neat.

Equilibrium. I rate this one a lol/10.

...lol.

I thought it was a good lol/10 though.

I came away entertained.

Yeah, I enjoyed it quite a bit. But it's WAY over the top. It really is.

Burn After Reading. Very enjoyable!
Yeah, absurd yet credible humour.

I think I've got enough time to get a run in before I'm off to watch Eagle Eye.

Haha yes, Equilibrium is waaaay over the top. But it's Christian Bale and it's over-the-topness is, as you agreed, entertaining.

What's good to watch in theatres at the moment? I saw Burn After Reading which was very funny, but aside from that I am out of the loop of movies at the moment.

eagle eye

lame

very lame

big computer thingy remote controlling things that are in no way electronic whatsoever = stupid

I should have left my disbelief at home. Even if you are willing to accept the premise, it's still little more than a bunch of pursuits with a few character moments thrown in for flavor. I didn't doze off, so I guess I'm just easily entertained.

What's good to watch in theatres at the moment? I saw Burn After Reading which was very funny, but aside from that I am out of the loop of movies at the moment.
No idea really. The consensus in reviews seems to be that Righteous Killing doesn't offer much more than Pacino and De Niro... so I'll probably be passing on that one. I might go watch Max Payne next week, depending on how bored I am...

I watched Apaloosa the other day. It's a western, and in terms of westerns it's a solid one. Voggo Mortenson and Ed Harris are hard not t enjoy. The movie is marred a bit by Rene Zellwegger, but her role in the movie warrants someone unlike-able, and so in the respect she was cast correctly.

Saw The Signal it has a definite B-quality vibe to it and once you accept that and watch in that mindset it becomes are very enjoyable independent feature film. I recommend it, but mostly due to the fact that it's a bit of an experiment in film making by the three directors behind it. Part 1 is horror, part 2 is dark comedy and part 3 is sci-fi (although you'll hardly notice).

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm watching the Band of Brothers DVD set. I thought it would be the usual one sided American macho bullcrap, and well it is that, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

The Bastogne episode was one of the best tv moments I ever experienced (on a big tv screen with great soundsystem).

"the sight" with andrew mccarthy. apparently a pilot for a tv series that never materialized. co-developed by sky tv and fox (is sky a canadian thing?).

kinda... ok in some areas, not ok in others. i missed 30 seconds of the ending and apparently everything got wrapped up in that 30 seconds, and suddenly they were at a funeral for someone. not sure what happened to the bad guy in that 30 seconds, but he was in total control at that point (and it was a twist that assigned "bad" to this particular guy), so it must've been a whirlwind resolution.

taks

comrade taks... just because.