What are you playing now?

Gorth

I just got into the WoW WotLK beta, so I'll be playing that for a while. At least, after they finish with a 7 hour server thingie that, of course, was started 10 minutes after my first login. :rolleyes::)

First major beta-play I've ever been in...they're really changing everything...this will be interesting.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The only changes I see in WotLk are fixes to make certain aspects work like they were supposed to in the first place. Very nice changes though.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Just finished Trial By Fire (remake). That has to be the best ending sequence of any game ever. Seriously, who doesn't want to sit in front of a screen for ten minutes while every NPC you've met in the entire game tells you how wonderful you are?

The remake as a whole is excellent, seems very stable. Some of the VGA screens perhaps as pretty as professionals might have managed - AGD have updated the screens to higher resolution and 256 colours, but haven't really used the new resolution to its full potential. That said, the combat is much improved (if you like that sort of thing) - I even had to turn the difficulty slider down for my final battle with Khaveen (in the original, the problem was remembering to let him get a hit in before I killed him, otherwise the 'yield' dialogue didn't trigger). Not a huge amount was added to the game for the fighter path, though I never figured out what to do with the snowglobe.

So obviously now I'm playing QfG3. We're going all the way to Silmaria, we are! :(

I'm playing a thief, and I'm not nearly as quick as you are. Probably because I haven't played it in 15 years, and never beat it back then, either.

Anyhow, the freakin' game just Rickrolled me!

If you can handle the older graphics and gameplay then you might do best to buy MGS1 first as the series tend to get more overly philosophical in the possibly bad way (see gromnir-xard debate in PS:T thread).

MGS1 is the game that is most about gameplay and less about cutscenes (their version of plot it seems) as far as I've understood.

I'm sure that Tale or Xard can correct me if I'm totally off the mark.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Btw how is MGS4? Never played one of these, but the series gets ridiculous high scores.

MGS4 is basically fan product - if you're fan you love it, if not...well, you might still think it is great but plot nonsensical. Or then you hate it.

I'd recommend MGS1 (psone) and MGS3 (ps2), they're best ones in gameplay.

I have special place in my heart for MGS2 but it isn't as great game as those two.

Try MGS3 and see if you like it. If you like it get MGS1. Then MGS2.

Yes, you must've played all 3 before MGS4

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Btw how is MGS4? Never played one of these, but the series gets ridiculous high scores.

MGS4 is basically fan product - if you're fan you love it, if not...well, you might still think it is great but plot nonsensical. Or then you hate it.

I'd recommend MGS1 (psone) and MGS3 (ps2), they're best ones in gameplay.

I have special place in my heart for MGS2 but it isn't as great game as those two.

Try MGS3 and see if you like it. If you like it get MGS1. Then MGS2.

Yes, you must've played all 3 before MGS4

I guess I'll pass. Never liked that Japano stuff anyway. But I think I'm gonna pick up GTA4 on monday. And I hope I don't regret it.

MGS4 was Hideo Kojima going "I swear I'm really done, so I'm not going to leave any plots hanging!" and tied everything up for good or evil.

Personally MGS2 was my favorite but it generally gets yelled at for having a cerebral plot and a pretty boy protagonist

MGS3 is overly menutastic while MGS1 just feels wierd to those who grew up on MGS2+3

Edit: I broke down and bought City of Heroes/City of Villians Good Vs evil edition.... it came with a month free (which makes up almost all the price of the games) so I'm gonna try it again for a month.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finished off Portal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

But I think I'm gonna pick up GTA4 on monday. And I hope I don't regret it.

You will.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I beat Kings Quest V. I haven't played it in about 18 years, and it was very enjoyable. I forgot what a great looking game it was, even with the years that have passed. I also managed to remember most puzzles and beat it only using a walkthrough on the desert and the ocean part. Dumb mazes, I don't have time to make a map anymore.

The only changes I see in WotLk are fixes to make certain aspects work like they were supposed to in the first place. Very nice changes though.

Obviously, basic gameplay hasn't changed, but there's tons of changes to the way skills/trees work, pets work, buffs/raid-stacking works...I literally feel like I have to learn how to play my hunter all over again. It's not just altering a skill or two...it's literally the whole tree/s, with new skills, re-arrangement of skills on the tree, and what they do.

Beyond that ... I haven't been very impressed with the new land...w/BC, the 'new areas' seemed cool and interesting compared to the pre-BC areas, but Northrend's first area, at least, is really unexciting. I'm sure it'll get better later. I hope.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I beat Kings Quest V. I haven't played it in about 18 years, and it was very enjoyable. I forgot what a great looking game it was, even with the years that have passed. I also managed to remember most puzzles and beat it only using a walkthrough on the desert and the ocean part. Dumb mazes, I don't have time to make a map anymore.

It's really beautiful, isn't it - I've just been playing the Quest for Glory games from the same generation and had the same thought. Go on to KQVI, it's even better. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)