What are you playing now?

Gorth

Playing Space Siege now. Not as good as Dungeon Siege 2, but it's a good dungeon crawl.

Thoughts? I played through it yesterday and it felt like there was a good game in there, but was hampered by control issues and a lack of any choices.

Well, the lack of choice is there, in reality there are only 2. The whole cybernetics/no cybernetics thing plus that one at the end. In all honesty this didn't bother me so much as the fact that you don't even really see much impact. Though I have only played through once with no cybers installed. Working on a second playthrough with all the goodies this time.

As for the control issues I didn't really feel any problems. There was alot of stuff you could do so the bars filled up fast. Biggest problem for me was that harvey could be really stupid sometimes, that happens with AI controlled party members in just about every game though.

My single biggest beef is that the environment is so sterile and very much the same. GPG should have taken a page out of Doom 3 and added some dark parts where you could only see muzzle flashes, would have made the cybernetic eye useful too.

Overall a good game, not much from a roleplay perspective, better than Dungeon Siege 2. But DS2 edges it out in the gameplay and world departments. I do like it though, will definately play it for a couple more weeks. Which is high praise from me for an RPG/action game.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

TF2 and CoD4 single player. I just can't seem to get into NWN2, the whole thing just feels clunky and awkward and I'm sick and tired of cookie cutter fanfasy.

I'm considering buying Mass Effect for the PC, is it any good? At least the setting looks kind of promising, if a bit bland and cliched.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

TF2 and CoD4 single player. I just can't seem to get into NWN2, the whole thing just feels clunky and awkward and I'm sick and tired of cookie cutter fanfasy.

I'm considering buying Mass Effect for the PC, is it any good? At least the setting looks kind of promising, if a bit bland and cliched.

ME was stellar. If you enjoyed KotOR and you aren't an insane Star Wars fanboi, I think Mass Effect will be a great adventure.

Anyone tried Too Human yet?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Anyone tried Too Human yet?

Played the demo on XBL. The controls were cool, but it was really hard to string together attacks. The story seemed a bit out there as well. 5.5 (out of 10) from Gamespot doesn't do much for it either.

Did it live up to the hype that Dyack was giving it? That's my real question.

I'm finally playing through Supreme Commander and getting my ass handed to me every time the map expands. Working on the third UEF mission. The first map expansion was fine. I had enough of a navy built up at that point that I was good to go and keep pushing on to the second island as soon as it opened and before the Aeon could set up a base. Once the map opened up again I had a fairly decent sized navy. 25 subs and 20 frigates. I wiped out the Aeon navy, but soon he started hitting back with tech 2 ships and I only had two naval yards to produce ships at. Just couldn't build ships fast enough to replace the ones that I was losing to those tech 2 ships.

tried out Hellgate London for the first time ever the other day

screwed around for about half an hour as a summoner or something but got kinda bored

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

BG1. I am finally in the city of Baldur's Gate.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Augh! I took my eye off my commander for one second and he wanders off and gets his ass kicked. I was going to win that time too! I had 70 subs and 20 destroyers. The subs were pounding everything in the water and my destroyers were just heading over to the enemy coast to bombard the enemy commander from offshore. :shifty:

Finished the third chapter of the Conan Chronicles mods for NWN2. They are very enjoyable, highly recommended to anyone looking for some mods to play. Hopefully the author will now string them all together in a campaign type of deal.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Battle for Middle-Earth 2, and the evil campaign is killing me(pun heartily intended). Second missions has this, "great" invasion, which basically amounts to a ton of goblins and a couple of pirates setting on shore in Mithlund and promptly being completely slaughtered because every elf there is worth 4 goblins and the extra half-troll spearmen can't do crap against ents. Then the game decides to sent in a level 1 goblin hero. Whoop-te-doo.

In contrast, the good campaign has so far let you field fully upgraded Rivendell and Mirkwood archers and with Silverthorn arrows they are basically like ancient magical Fallschrimj

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:)

Red Alert 3 beta key arrived!

You'd best star posting about how awesome/not awesome it is. :bat:

Quick! :cat:

It doesn't run very well on a 1.7Ghz P4 with 768MB of ram and a Radeon 9600 Pro. More detailed information to follow next week. :excl:

Did we ever get anywhere with this?

Also I'm playing GTA 4 on the failbox, I'm pretty sure that I can say that it is the weakest of the 3d ones.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I'm playing The Bard's Tale. When I reviewed it, I played beyond the starting area and a few areas further before I gave up and submitted the review. I hated the camera and the way the game automatically upgrades your equipment and sells everything unnecessary out of your inventory without you ever having to go to a store (it happens the same moment you pick something up, unless it is better than what you already have). And the combat seemed too simplistic and unexciting.

But I was bored today and found the disc lying around so I installed it and now it feels streamlined (the word I hate the most, usually) in a good way. Weird how opinions change with time. I would still not give it great grades, but I would probably give it a slightly better score now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oblivion, yet again.

(edit) @Mus...Muso...(copies and pastes), Musopticon?, yeah. BFME2 is really, really lame at times.

But there are some hard missions, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Tried something new on the Friday afternoon... playing xbox games o:)

After the chips and dip and the mandatory Friday Afternoon Beer(s), sombody put an xbox on the table in the board room and hooked it up to the projector. Time for some Halo and a racing game that I can't remember the exact name of (something with Gotham and 2 in it, but it had nothing to do with Batman).

My driving was atrocious, but 30+ deaths later, I sort of got semi competent at Halo. I.e. I blew up the other guys more than I blew up myself. I am *never* going to be a friend of those awkward controllers though :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein