What are you playing now?

Gorth

Playing a bit "The Darkness", but I'm stuck currently. It's an overall pretty cool game, a bit repetitive, but very enjoyable nonetheless. But with the weak marketing campaign and non-existing buzz the game was encompassed with, I wouln't be surprised if the game sold like s.hit and there won't be any sequel made. What are the Swedos at Starbreeze currently up to anyway?

Mus...Muso...

Use either one of those, most people do. For simplicity. :lol:

As for BfME 2, I admit being an idiot and thinking in Total War terms when going to combat. The mission got easier once you stopped trying to flank everyone and started instead to rely on unit counters and the hero. It was actually very easy.

Now, the Scouring of Shire, that was goddamn hard! All those Dunedain and the Isengard "surprise" at the end were just about the death of me several times. In hindsight though, that mission was one of my favorites so far. It's certainly a great RTS mission, despite the enemy relying on rushing you. It's the difficulty that makes it enjoyable and getting to burn Bag End and about two hundred hobbits is always a joy as well.

Right now I'm in the Celduin river village mission where you can't build anything and have to cope with bombardment ships and freaking Mumakil. On the other hand, the evil campaign threw against Fornost, which seems to be a fun little siege.

Since I bought the anthology(and for just 19 euros, no less), I also have the expansion and am anxious to start the Witch King campaign. I already tried the first mission and the voice actor who does his voice is spot-on. Gives me shivers, heh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What are the Swedos at Starbreeze currently up to anyway?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/starbreeze...ic-ea-franchise

Noone knows. But with a little luck it's.. uh.. what the hell does EA have that I would want to play? Ultima perhaps?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What are the Swedos at Starbreeze currently up to anyway?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/starbreeze...ic-ea-franchise

Noone knows. But with a little luck it's.. uh.. what the hell does EA have that I would want to play? Ultima perhaps?

I must have missed that. Ultima? Doubt that. More like...uh... System Shock? Or Wing Commander.... or what else is a classic EA franchise? Project RedLime. Red+Lime= Red lime. Okay, I'm really clueless. :lol:

Edited by Morgoth

According to the old surfergirl blog redlime is either System Shock or Ultima. Starbreeze have also hinted they are doing a sequel to The Darkness.

Oh, and where are you stuck?

If they're making a worthy Shock sequel, I'm gonna lick their di...

Well yes, where am I stuck? Whitefish something? Where I have to find a Dutch whatever guy? It's just I'm supposed to go to some alley, but I searched the whole area and there's nothing.

According to the old surfergirl blog redlime is either System Shock or Ultima. Starbreeze have also hinted they are doing a sequel to The Darkness.

Oh, and where are you stuck?

If they're making a worthy Shock sequel, I'm gonna lick their di...

Well yes, where am I stuck? Whitefish something? Where I have to find a Dutch whatever guy? It's just I'm supposed to go to some alley, but I searched the whole area and there's nothing.

Dutch Oven Harry. If you're where I think you are, there should be a homeless guy that tells you the password, and to the right a dumpster or some trash to jump over.

Warhammer Online and having a blast!

What are your impressions? I played in the beta about a year ago and wasn't impressed, but it sound slike it has progressed well. I'm planning on pre-ordering it tomorrow.

Well, I just got into closed beta about a week ago and from what I understand they had a major change to the combat system. You probably would notice the difference if you played before the change because from what I've gathered it was slow and not very responsive. It definitely feels more on pace with WoW's combat system but I do not like the 1.5sec global cooldown and I wish you could que up an ability. Mark Jacobs has already said they're still making tweaks to combat but alot of people are pleased with the changes so far.

The game feels alot like Dark Age to me which is a good thing.....and I'm talking about RvR. I was able to jump into my tier 1 RvR zone at rank 2 and level my way up to 10 which was really cool. You could also level up in PvE if you wanted to, it's your choice. The open RvR zones felt like a DAoC battleground...fighting everywhere, each side pushing the other back and forth....it was awesome. My only complaint would be the lack of tanks for Order. It seems Mythic decided to cut out the Empire's tank which I think was a HUGE mistake. 90% of Order's pop were ranged DPS classes. Meanwhile, Destruction had lots of tanks and healers so they pretty much kicked ass. People don't want to roll a Dwarf and I'm sure this gonna be an issue at launch. The Ironbreaker is a hell of a fun class to play, just wish there were more of them.

Also did some Scenarios which are like WoW's battle grounds which is a nice alternative when things are going bad out in the open RvR zone plus its a nice way to rake in the renown points. Public quests are really cool and I love how you can just jump in and do them...you don't have to wait to form a group, you just show up and participate with other people already there. Great idea by Mythic.

Graphically the game looks and feels like WoW which doesn't bother me. It seems the beta client is using low-res textures and there aren't any options for changing the graphics, so I'm interested to see how the game looks when it goes live. UI is also very similar to WoW's which is fine and it allows for customization and add-ons.

Crafting is a disappointment for me --- only 2 professions? It was a big part of Dark Age of Camelot and thought for sure it would be for Warhammer as well. I understand they want people to RvR and spend less time doing other stuff but sometimes you don't want to RvR and do something else and this game doesn't offer that.

I've got the collector's edition pre-ordered and I plan to play at launch. RvR is alot of fun and I'm interested in leveling up higher to do some keep takes and use siege weapons. Don't know how long I'll be playing though, aside from RvR there's nothing there to keep you playing. The world isn't that big, crafting is very limited and no player housing. These were things that they did well in DAoC and for some reason they didn't take those aspects and bring them to Warhammer. Maybe they'll add them in later, who knows. I'm also a little sad that my time with LotRO will be coming to an end soon. I don't have time to play 2 MMO's plus my RL friends I play with are leaving for Warhammer and this is the reason I play MMO's.

I just had the worst experience with Medieval Total War 2.. I'm playing Egypt on Very Hard/Very Hard in the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod.. I'd just crushed Jerusalem and I was licking my wounds when Antioch decided to attack.

I managed to repel them and made a counter attack on their main castle, Krak des Chevaliers. It was one of the most bloody battles I've ever played. I had about 2000 standard soldiers on my side and the enemy had about 1060 fulled upgraded heavy infantry and elite units.

The battletimer was set to "no limit" and I was biding my time pounding their fortress and units to the ground with my trebuchets - rocks and diseased cows.

The battle then ensued and at the end the enemy was reduced to 2% of their forces, I was down to 12% and the "capture the castle timer" was down to 2 sec. When all of a sudden I get a "close defeat". Apperantly the "no limit battles" means 30-40 minutes? (%@!&F

Fortune favors the bald.

Are you sure about the whole "no time limit" thing? I'm pretty sure that I've had castle sieges last longer than 30 - 40 minutes.

I just failed what I think is the last mission in GTA 4

(kill Jimmy Pegorino) because apparently I destroyed my bike, this is obviously ok. Then I try to get back on my bike and realised it wasn't destroyed at all and apparently rockstar just arbitrarily decided that if I fall off or get the bike in the water (or something close to that) I get a mission failed. Screw you rockstar.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Yeah, the little time glass is greyed out and I chose "no limit" in "battle time", when I started the campaign. In the vanilla campaign I've had battles that lasted over an hour with that configuration. I always do that because I find it unbelievably annoying to loose a battle, that you're clearly winning, just because some artificial timer says so.

But since this is a modded campaign and I hadn't really had big battles until that one, I didn't notice that the time could actually run out. There was no indication, no timer going down (except the one marking when you conquer the town/castle) and my units were all in good morale and I outnumbered the enemy by a comfortable margin.

Fortune favors the bald.

Jericho...

Here's a little something to help you if you need it, and, yes, I dislike people who try to make you pay extra for things that are already on the disc and in the game. Anyways, I thought it was a much better game then some people made it out to be... :banghead:

Jericho_Unlocker.zip

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

too human...

I think with the design of it that it'll be to easy to complete and lite on the combat for most people at this forum.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Is it any good? Personnally the only thing I see in that game is a total mess in every aspect, but it's had its share of praise...

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I played through the Force Unleashed demo twice!

All without saving! :o

Tried something new on the Friday afternoon... playing xbox games =]

After the chips and dip and the mandatory Friday Afternoon Beer(s), sombody put an xbox on the table in the board room and hooked it up to the projector. Time for some Halo and a racing game that I can't remember the exact name of (something with Gotham and 2 in it, but it had nothing to do with Batman).

My driving was atrocious, but 30+ deaths later, I sort of got semi competent at Halo. I.e. I blew up the other guys more than I blew up myself. I am *never* going to be a friend of those awkward controllers though :down:

Project Gotham 2! Good, but not as fun as Burnout 3. Ah, those were the days...

Now all I need to do is find an Xbox version of Deus Ex 2 (my pc gfx can't run it well :( ), and track down the Way of the Samurai games for the PS2.

I played through the Force Unleashed demo twice!

Sounds like someone wants a donut.

Chris Avellone the bounty hunter?

Still playing Icewind Dale, the best game to play in the hot summer.

Same here. But with the NPC project.

But-co!

manthing2.jpg

Incursion...which one was that?

I didn't get more than a couple minutes into it, but it's a night mission where you get dropped off by the VTOL and are told to meet up with someone nearby. When you do, the new person gives you an order to take out a bunch of AA emplacements that are preventing any air support from coming in. I didn't get much beyond his little speech because combat is really tough when the game is a slideshow.

Jericho...

Here's a little something to help you if you need it, and, yes, I dislike people who try to make you pay extra for things that are already on the disc and in the game. Anyways, I thought it was a much better game then some people made it out to be... :o

Ah Thanks!

I must admit I am enjoying it more than I thought I would. It's not a bad game, it's just not an amazing game either... Merely a fun game.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!