Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

Next : Sucked.

What was up with Nick Cage's hair? Holly WTF!?? And the movie has litterally no ending. And can he see 2 minutes in the future or 2 days? What's going on? Why does a woman as beautiful as Jessica Biel waste her time and "talent(s)" on such garbage? A chance to be directed by Lee Tamahori? A shot at playing with Mr. Cage?

WTF??!

3/10

Sicko: Awesome.

Like F 9/11, if half of what is told in this film is true, Americans should revolt immediately. Actually, us Canadians should do the same. France has people doing laundry for free so that new mothers can spend time with the baby AND they have a minimum of five weeks of sick leave a year with full pay!

I'm movin'!

8/10 (a bit long)

Yeah France also has 30 hour work weeks and people who burn cars and riot with reckless abandon.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

if half of what is told in this film is true

I'd be hard pressed to believe even half. He cites the US's WHO healthcare ranking to say how bad it is in the US, but a country he notably praises is actually listed lower on the list.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

American Gagnster with Densil Washington and Rossel Crow. It's pritty good but doesn't quit hit the notes of clasics like scarface and the Godfather. and it's a litle long at 2:37; 3 hrs with todays previews. But as a whole it's varry good.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

That's some awesome spelling right there.

I haven't seen a movie in over a week. I'll have to change that.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Maybe his keyboard is broken? It's kinda readable, although I did want to get a red marker out.

I watched Knocked Up. I was funny, although I think it's different to see it from the perspective of an actual parent.

I also saw "How the West Was Won" and enjoyed it. Very good western.

1408 - I liked it better than slug apparently did, but mostly because of the first half. The second half slid further and further into an abyss. The alternate endings on the DVD were kind of cool to see tho ... I liked one of those better than the theatrical ending.

Transformers - finally saw it. Better than I expected, with of course fantastic eye-candy, but still silly fluff. It did, however, have some great little moments for those who've watched the cartoon series; odd bits of humor here and there. But mostly it's just one big explosion etc. after another, with a weak ending - they turned Mr. Prime into a serious wuss for the climax.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's fascinating to learn that the antagonist of the film:

Only served 5 years originally. Then 7 for parole violation. And the cop who busted him not only became his defense attorney, but is currently the godfather of his son.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Transformers - finally saw it. Better than I expected, with of course fantastic eye-candy, but still silly fluff. It did, however, have some great little moments for those who've watched the cartoon series; odd bits of humor here and there. But mostly it's just one big explosion etc. after another, with a weak ending - they turned Mr. Prime into a serious wuss for the climax.

i must admit, it was very odd to hear Optimus Prime saying "my bad" :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The Frighteners is a totally underrated movie.

Um, lately I've seen The Last King Of Scotland. All I can say is that if I had superpowers, I'd go kick some serious ass in Africa.

And Mr. Brooks. It wasn't anything special, but still a decent watch. John Hurt and the big KC actually do a pretty decent job in this show.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Um, lately I've seen The Last King Of Scotland. All I can say is that if I had superpowers, I'd go kick some serious ass in Africa.

Have you read The Authority? They basically look at this idea. You know, why IS a guy who can bend bridges catching muggers?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Pulp Fiction

Obviously a classic.

Want to know an interesting little factoid? Quinton Tarantino is my Nonna's Aunties grandson, which means I'm related to him. I don't know what that makes him to me, but yeah, we're related. I've never met him, though, nor am I even sure if he even knows about me and my brother.

I realized one day that I had never seen The Godfather and The Godfather Part II from start to finish, so I got them from Netflix.

I must say, both movies were superb.

Arguably the greatest films ever made. Now which one is better?? :shifty:

Pulp Fiction

Obviously a classic.

Want to know an interesting little factoid? Quinton Tarantino is my Nonna's Aunties grandson, which means I'm related to him. I don't know what that makes him to me, but yeah, we're related. I've never met him, though, nor am I even sure if he even knows about me and my brother.

Nope that movie sucks. At least thats what somebody told me on this forum =]

I realized one day that I had never seen The Godfather and The Godfather Part II from start to finish, so I got them from Netflix.

I must say, both movies were superb.

Arguably the greatest films ever made. Now which one is better?? :shifty:

I say the second one is better. Even if the first one makes me cry more.

Pulp Fiction

Obviously a classic.

Nope that movie sucks. At least thats what somebody told me on this forum =]

Pulp Fiction is awesome. Kick ass dialogues, amazing camera work, excellent characterizations, great narrative flow, awesome soundtrack. It deserves all the praise it gets and more.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fracture. I wasn't exactly in the mood for a criminal/psycho thriller but it was a decent little movie. Loved the house Hopkins lived in and the twist was a little clever but as a whole I wasn't entirely impressed. Characters were just faces and the plot seemed kind of shallow. Hopkins has just been played out too much and type casted as a psycho killer. Going to give this one a 7.5/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Departed. Man this movie ages extremely well. The first time I saw it I wasn't impressed but every time I've watched it since it has been better than the last. I love the attitude of the characters and the script writing/plot is absolutely superb. When I first saw it I was dissatisfied with the ending but more and more its become tragically beautiful but everything gets settled. I really do love this movie. Most likely top 5 material, definitely top 10.

9.7/10

Pulp Fiction

Obviously a classic.

NO FREAKIN' WAY, JOSE!

'Cause guess what? I like know this guy whose friend's cousin's fiancee...and listen to this because this part's amazing...ALSO used to live in Perth! Hell man, what are the odds?! I guess that makes me related too - freakin' sweet!

manthing2.jpg