Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

American Splendor

Really made me feel good after watching it. It couldn't have been casted better, I'm surprised its not more popular.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I finally got around to watching Clerks, which I have decided is one of the most overrated movies ever. I cracked a few smiles, and chuckled a few times, but that was it. Cleverness and irony as humor just doesn't do it for me. I recognize it, I am amused by it, but it's just not THAT funny. Especially because you could see every punchline coming from a mile away.

The Bourne ultimatum. Good ending to a good series. Was a little crazy from begining to end and some parts were a little unrealistic or just weird (ex: syringing a dude in the neck on a crowded bus then dragging him out into a truck in front of like a hundred people.) I also would of loved for the love interest to be realized because she's pretty cute but I totally understand why it wasn't pursued, I'm just a sucker for romancing the ladies amirite? :thumbsup:

For this movie 8.1/10

Series as a whole 8.7/10

Definitely worth a watch.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I watched Planet Terror today and I thought it was a failure. Barely registers a 6.5/10.

I understand that it was supposed to be over the top action and be cheesy as all get out but I mean enough is enough after a while. The excessive blood and puss and even the shock pictures didn't bother me and were kind of amusing at first but it seemed that was the only thing the movie offered throughout it's entirety. The plot was just plain retarded, acting was pretty lame, and the "style" was way too pervasive. It was like a nuclear bomb filled with photoshop filters going all over the place. You want a movie that is supposed to be cheesy and funny and over the top that is actually done well. Wet Hot American Summer, greatest comedy on the planet.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Watched 15 minutes of SharkBoy and Lava Girl.

I almost barfed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

My business group has dwindled down from 4 people to just myself and this girl that is completely unreliable and incompetent. If she is even informed that our group member has even left the class I'll be surprised. I'm hoping my teacher splits us up and sends us to different groups but I have a feeling she'll just steal someone from another group to add to ours. If not I'll have to email her and pretty much trash my group member behind her back; in a completely professional way of course but she deserves it. :rolleyes:

I always get stuck with horrible partners. Partially becuase the populace of my school is just a bunch of lazy slobs; a genuine lack of concern with some added plain old stupidity doesn't help either. I despise most everyone and hate everyone the most. :'(

My business group has dwindled down from 4 people to just myself and this girl that is completely unreliable and incompetent. If she is even informed that our group member has even left the class I'll be surprised. I'm hoping my teacher splits us up and sends us to different groups but I have a feeling she'll just steal someone from another group to add to ours. If not I'll have to email her and pretty much trash my group member behind her back; in a completely professional way of course but she deserves it. :rolleyes:

I always get stuck with horrible partners. Partially becuase the populace of my school is just a bunch of lazy slobs; a genuine lack of concern with some added plain old stupidity doesn't help either. I despise most everyone and hate everyone the most. :'(

That was... random...

Anyway, don't see Mr Wood****.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

lol i thought this was the how was your next day thread. oops :0

Moderator please delete earlier post. :)

Edited by theslug

I saw Stardust.

It was awesome, but not as awesome as the book was.

i was going to go see that with an ex work mate, but haven't been able to get hold of her :)

she's probably angry at me for some mystical reason

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I saw Stardust.

i was going to go see that with an ex work mate, but haven't been able to get hold of her :)

True true. Women are mystical creatures, but some are evil mystical creatures. If you want to know which side she belongs to just throw her in a lake. If she drowns then she was just mystical, but if she floats and curses you like: "Damn you! It wasn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I saw Stardust.

I want to see it, but by the time I found out it was showing there were only two showings left at the theatre.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I saw Stardust.

i was going to go see that with an ex work mate, but haven't been able to get hold of her :devil:

True true. Women are mystical creatures, but some are evil mystical creatures. If you want to know which side she belongs to just throw her in a lake. If she drowns then she was just mystical, but if she floats and curses you like: "Damn you! It wasn

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

28 Weeks Later

I wanted to like this movie since I thought the first had a cool concept and was pretty decent. The movie opened up nice enough, realistic portrayal and all, at least for me, I'd dip in a second and forget I ever had a wife. But then towards the middle things began to get a little iffy. The subplot of a cure and how the newest outbreak started was lame. I mean seriously, if anything the immunization would of belonged to the chick and the kids not the husband so theres no reason he should of had any more smarts or consciousness than a regular zombie.

With the exception of the begining, the characters were unrealistic and cliche. The plot was shallow and the end was an utter disaster. It was like they spent all there money on the large fire bomb explosion then kind of just crapped on the rest. I mean seriously, that subway stuff was ridiculous. Left a real bad taste in my mouth.

7/10

28 Weeks Later

I wanted to like this movie since I thought the first had a cool concept and was pretty decent. The movie opened up nice enough, realistic portrayal and all, at least for me, I'd dip in a second and forget I ever had a wife. But then towards the middle things began to get a little iffy. The subplot of a cure and how the newest outbreak started was lame. I mean seriously, if anything the immunization would of belonged to the chick and the kids not the husband so theres no reason he should of had any more smarts or consciousness than a regular zombie.

With the exception of the begining, the characters were unrealistic and cliche. The plot was shallow and the end was an utter disaster. It was like they spent all there money on the large fire bomb explosion then kind of just crapped on the rest. I mean seriously, that subway stuff was ridiculous. Left a real bad taste in my mouth.

7/10

I would contrast the message in this film with the Poseidon adventure. In the Poseidon adventure the people ignore official instructions and live. In this film people ignore official instructions and kill the entire human race. One film is American. The other is British. Coincidence?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I would contrast the message in this film with the Poseidon adventure. In the Poseidon adventure the people ignore official instructions and live. In this film people ignore official instructions and kill the entire human race. One film is American. The other is British. Coincidence?

Rofl. Yeah throughout the movie I was trying to find some dirt on those damn Englishmen but in the end it was the yankees that got the short end of the stick. But hey I think both our nations can still be friends. I mean you guys just accept that your food isn't very good (beans on toast) and embrace our god king **** Cheney. Thats all we ask. And we'll compromise by interbreeding with your women, sounds fair. :lol:

I watched Superman: Doomsday the other night. I wasn't horribly impressed. Not the best job of voice casting going on there. Why can't they make an animated movie longer than seventy minutes?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.