Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

Guest The Architect

:)

Clever.

To be honest I'm just basing it on that "You're a jerk" incident when some interviewer guy squirted him in the face. Well, not just that. He overacts in my opinion and is also melodramatic in the interviews and such I've seen him in on tele before.

You must not have seen the movie Magnolia yet because he was awesome in that.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

You dare confuse the great T.J Mackey with that greedy no talent hack? You should be ashamed.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

That's Nicholas Cage, not Tom Cruise

That is Tom Cruise, not Nicholas Cage.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Respect the ****"

Magnolia was great.

And it's not that he overacts, it's that he acts the same way. Wether your watching Jerry McGuire, Born on the 4th of July or even Magnolia, your still watching Tom Cruise. Because he's playing the "star system", because his agent and the producers are telling him to.

I think he is well cast in most of his films. I also think he must ask for a bit too much screen time i.e. Last Samourai.

Meh.

Edited by Gorth
The language filter is there for a reason

The parts in Adaptation w/Chris Cooper were awesome - the rest not so much. :D

Cruise surrounds himself with actors who are (usually) much better than he is, in the hopes that no one will notice what a limited range/talent Cruise really is. Not that his movies aren't entertaining at times ... but it's not usually because of Cruise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Beowulf

Pretty good although I was familiar with the tale and since it is actually very thin it kind of ruined the movie for me a bit.

The tech is pretty good also but CGI actors are still stiff and cold and the acting itself is still stale. Beowulf makes great leaps in that regard however.

I wish someone would make the entire story of Beowulf. If he's such a great monster hunter why is it that every time his story is told we only get Grendel and it's mom?

Also after seing this, I want a God of War movie. I couldn't stop thinking about this throughout the film.

8/10

Guest The Architect

Yeah you're right, I haven't seen Magnolia, only heard of it. In fact, I've only seen him in Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Mission Impossible 1 & 2 and The Last Samurai, so I don't know if that warrants as enough for me to judge him as an actor. But, I still think he's a dipstick.

You haven't seen Top Gun?

Yesterday I saw The Death of Mr Lazarescu

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Wow, those are all very recent Tom Cruise flicks. Top Gun, that bartending one, Interview with a Vampire, The Firm...

Actually, A Few Good Men is one of my favorite movies ever.

I can understand having issues with Tom Cruise as a person, he seems pretty whacko, but as an actor he's got a pretty solid resume.

I saw Beowulf. *shakes head*

I'll never think of the poem the same way again.

Good or bad?

I went out and bought Hitch****'s Rope last night. Watched it today. Great movie.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I saw Beowulf. *shakes head*

I'll never think of the poem the same way again.

Good or bad?

I went out and bought Hitch****'s Rope last night. Watched it today. Great movie.

There's about 15 minutes of cool stuff (2 fights total for the hero...) for 1 hour and 45 minutes of yapping.

The setting makes it interesting and the tech is pretty good but it was overhyped.

It's also pretty close to the poem but it takes some liberties that purists may find offensive.

Viewer discretion is advised.

I found it pretty good but I won't see it again until the DVD comes out.

8/10 (because the changes didn't bother me too much)

That last Die Hard movie, because CostCo had it for cheap.

It was fairly entertaining in that action-hero kind of way, actually. Bruce can still play that role just fine and his geeky 'sidekick' was somewhat amusing, too. But the bad guy wasn't a very good bad guy, so a lot of supposed tension fell flat.

Good explosions.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He was a bit annoying at first, but I guess he grew on me. And I love Creedence, but I thought his cracks were hilarious. :D

The bad guy was too bland/vanilla for me. Plus he didn't really have a whole lot to do, acting-wise, except glare wide-eyed all the time. Plus no one can beat Alan Rickman.

Saw Beowulf last Friday night -- pretty good movie, thought the CG was "ok" but it doesn't rival that of FF: Spirits Within, which was released 6 years ago.

I hope to see No Country for Old Men this weekend but I'll probably be forced to take the family to see Enchanted. =(

Edited by Setzer

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) For me it's the best movie in the trilogy and it is not even close. The other two movie have many, many scenes that I would just love to skip over, but this one has me hooked from start to finish. The whole sequence in the Mines of Moria is just spectacular. Edited by Kelverin