What are you playing now?

Darque

Great. So trying out this side mission of CapAmer where he needs to disarm three bombs and kick Winter Soldier's leather-wrapped butt, it seems I can't disarm the bombs in a single attempt. Out of 12 so far only one resulted in disarming all three and reaching the missile, at which point I lost because I only got the keycard two seconds too late. Twitchy as I may be, I can't always get the timing right. Should I even bother?

I mean, seriously, what is it with these mother****ing minigames for disarming these mother****ing bombs? It wasn't fun in Final Fantasy VII, it isn't fun now after every douchebag started imitating the trend.

This is why I hate minigames.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hve you tried the 1.13 mod yet, MC?

No, is it any good?

It's the most awesome mod ever created. It's not even really a mod, but an updating of the current game engine. The fact that you can change the resolution is worth getting it alone, it makes the game look much better.

Playing a little Dystopia here and there. My friends and I are starting to really come up Aces.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

^ Hello mate, the boy looks well!

Cheers,

MC

the boy is jamming. he's either going to give my wife a breakdown, or she's going to snuff him out, however. 4 years old is such a tough age. quite the pain in the arse.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I take that is a multiclassed R/C?

My most fun run through the BG saga was with a dual classed R/C. Absolute highlight was soloing Bodhi's lair completely naked, armed only with weapons and anti-undead spells. Ah, the days...

Sarevok's redemption isn't Ascension-only. Although

his possible betrayal at the finale is.

He didn't turn on me, but Imoen got permanently snuffed. What a bombshell, heh. Is that how they originally intended to end the game? And it doesn't seem as if redeeming Sarevok alters his fate.

All in all, I found Ascension to be quite awesome. The final fight was much better than the shipped version. Next up I'll probably go through ToB again with Kelsey and Jaheira in place of Aerie. Rest of the party remains unchanged.

Um, I'm not in the mood to do a haiku. Ok, JA2 in short...

Best turn based combat system ever.

Merc personalities that make you laugh.

Tons of crazy weapons to use, and there is really no ultimate weapon, so everything has its uses.

Night missions, head shots from 100 yards, silent kills, mortars, ice cream trucks, wire cutters...I'll stop now.

JA2 is just ingeniously designed. You have a not-too-taxing and fun resource / npc management overlay and a really good T/B tactical combat game. You can send your enemies wreaths in anticipation of their violent death. You have a bickering cast of amusing npcs. With the right add-on you can have a Barratt Light Fifty AM rifle and headshot bad guys with it. You can marry off an annoying female NPC to a tribe straight out of "deliverance." If you feel like it, you can check an option called "Sci Fi" which makes some really wacky things happen.

And, yes, there is an ice cream van.

Lastly, the whole game feels like a tongue-in-cheek homage to straight-to-video Dolph Lundgren action movies.

It's all too cool. Which is why, despite it being eight years old, I'm still playing it.

Cheers

MC

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

JA2 Praise.

Never underestimate the fun of blowing up the enemy, the enemys friends, the wall the enemy is hiding behind and then some with C4 :)

A game where "crafting" stuff is actually fun.

Combat that makes x-com games green with envy.

Biff

Telling it with flowers

Mustard gas for beginnners

Blood, gore and excessive violence.

Bounty hunting

Bloodcat hunting

The great prison escape

You can be a nice guy or rule with an ironhand. Sacrifice people or protect them.

Raiding museums and hospitals (or helping them instead)

Manage income and expenses, supply chains, your militas, team morale and so much more, it is almost impossible to list.

Use your favourite fighting style. Sneaking around cutting fences with wire cutters and backstab people, smack them silly with your fists, snipe them, or just blow it to kingdom come with grenades, mortars and LAW's

And when you have completed it a few times, there is still more to discover. Not unlike BG2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Just finished the Helicarrier level with the base team. Seems like a very fun game, but control with the keyboard is fubar and I don't have the will to dig out my gamepad which is in one of the 23 unmarked cardboard boxes scattered around the house.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if 1) the Hulk in the game as a playable character? I want to assemble the New Fantastic Four - the Hulk, Ghost Rider, Spider and Wolv and have them smash things up. And 2) what's up with these reputations I keep hearing about? Am I going to get penalized for taking different teams or team members on different assignments? I was thinking of rolling up the ol' FF for the Omega Base, or take four heroes of my choosing. Will there be a problem?

Now, if only the major cinematics were made to reflect our current team... And if only we could also play a mirror campaign as the villains... I want to play as Dr. Doom, dammit! :/

UA gold gives you Hulk, Doom, and several others.

The reputation is what will ultimately allow you to kick more ass than in any other of the Legends games. Your team will get better bonus' from each upgrade you put into your team. Everything from increasing the % of xp gained to damage done. the team isn't the comic book team (though if you put comic book teams together you get some nice bonuses) You ultimatly make your own team after I think the first or second boss fight.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

All the Final Fantasy Advance games are available on the Gameboy Advance. Not exactly the same, there are some changes from Final Fantasy II (the US name). There was a Wonderswan Color port of the SNES game (Wonderswan Color is Gameboy Color, however that port never made it to the US) which featured some enhancements. The GBA version, the one that we're talking about, is largely a port of that Wonderswan Color version with further enhancements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy...ame_Boy_Advance

There appears to be a plan to remake it completely for the DS as well.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just started Overlord. I seem to be the bane of peasants the world over. I might start leaving a scant few alive here and there soon though, so they can cower and beg for their lives. An offering or two to their new dark lord would be nice too.

I'm replaying an old RTS Game that doesn't get enough love, WarWind II. I love how the unit system in this game works; you don't build units, you find civilians and hire them and proceed to train them to become better units. It's handled quite impressive, but sadly it still requires just a little bit too much resource-managing. Perhaps at some point someone will take this system and tweak it so it works.

Try Battle Realms(from the makers of Republic: The Revolution), it has a similar system where you train peasants into warriors through an intricate school systems. You can mix and match different schools and dojos to create different types of soldiers. For example, throw a dojo graduate from a sword school into archery school and he becomes a versatile foot samurai. Give that foot samurai a horse(which you have to find and tend to, provide food and water) and he becomes a horse archer who also can fight in melee. And who(IIRC) can dismount. Or teach an archer at an alchemist shop and he becomes a gun-toting teppu bunshin, etc. Magic also plays a part.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My game playing cycle has reached K1. What should I be, a darksider or lightsider?

If I play darkside, I will have to role play it and have that stupid wookie kill Mission at the end. That makes me feel guilty.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

My game playing cycle has reached K1. What should I be, a darksider or lightsider?

If I play darkside, I will have to role play it and have that stupid wookie kill Mission at the end. That makes me feel guilty.

Or you could play a new game instead of the same stuff over and over.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: