What are you playing now?

Darque

Playing through KOTOR2 again, started as a Sentinel, multiclassed into Weapon Master. Maxed out light side, like always. To make things more interesting I've decided to focus on using Mira and T3 rather than my usual Bao-Dur + whichever fighter (my high skillset helps alleviate the absence of Bao-Dur). Already I'm noticing several cutscenes that I've never seen before in the Ebon Hawk, but I can't tell if this is because I didn't go to the Ebon Hawk enough before or because I'm doing things slightly different.

I've already multiclassed Bao-Dur and Atton into Jedi, but I was wondering, can you get Mira to multiclass? The reason I'm having her tag along is so I can gain enough influence to do so. I've never done it before. Maybe I should focus on the Handmaiden.

mira becomes a sentinel with enough influence.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Playing through KOTOR2 again, started as a Sentinel, multiclassed into Weapon Master. Maxed out light side, like always. To make things more interesting I've decided to focus on using Mira and T3 rather than my usual Bao-Dur + whichever fighter (my high skillset helps alleviate the absence of Bao-Dur). Already I'm noticing several cutscenes that I've never seen before in the Ebon Hawk, but I can't tell if this is because I didn't go to the Ebon Hawk enough before or because I'm doing things slightly different.

I've already multiclassed Bao-Dur and Atton into Jedi, but I was wondering, can you get Mira to multiclass? The reason I'm having her tag along is so I can gain enough influence to do so. I've never done it before. Maybe I should focus on the Handmaiden.

how can bao dur become a jedi i can never talk to him and ive beaten the game 20 times and never trained him

Edited by chris the jedi killer

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

how can bao dur become a jedi i can never talk to him and ive beaten the game 20 times and never trained him

Well, try to talk to him. There's an opportunity to gain Bao-Durs influence on Dantooine at least. I don't remember where else, Nar Shaddaa?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, try to talk to him. There's an opportunity to gain Bao-Durs influence on Dantooine at least. I don't remember where else, Nar Shaddaa?

well what do i do on dantooine

I find Bao-Dur, with the exception of whatever love interest you have concurrent to your gender, as the easiest person to gain influence with. Just act in a manner befitting a light-side character.

Talk to Bao-Dur about the war, say things that sound good. Don't say the Mandalorians deserved destruction. Compliment him. Act loyal. There's a few areas on Dxun where you can gain influence with him. There's a Mandalorian stuck up on a ridge. Help him down, and when Bao-Dur asks you about it, say "We're all veterans. He didn't deserve to die like that." Big influence gain. I actually just played with Atton and Bao-Dur through Telos straight to Nar Shadaa and ended up training them both as jedi at the same time while in the Refugee camp, after you confront Atton about his past. Continue "training" with Handmaiden to get her to jedi up, tag Mira along until you get enough influence, and by the end of the game your entire non-droid party will be lightside jedi.

Edited by Pop

I find Bao-Dur, with the exception of whatever love interest you have concurrent to your gender, as the easiest person to gain influence with. Just act in a manner befitting a light-side character.

Talk to Bao-Dur about the war, say things that sound good. Don't say the Mandalorians deserved destruction. Compliment him. Act loyal. There's a few areas on Dxun where you can gain influence with him. There's a Mandalorian stuck up on a ridge. Help him down, and when Bao-Dur asks you about it, say "We're all veterans. He didn't deserve to die like that." Big influence gain. I actually just played with Atton and Bao-Dur through Telos straight to Nar Shadaa and ended up training them both as jedi at the same time while in the Refugee camp, after you confront Atton about his past. Continue "training" with Handmaiden to get her to jedi up, tag Mira along until you get enough influence, and by the end of the game your entire non-droid party will be lightside jedi.

ive tried all this **** and it hasen't worked

It sounds like you have one of the faulty Kotor disks, Chris. You should take it out of the drive, wipe some peanut butter on the back of it, then insert the game into your machine. You should be able to open up the Bao dialouge after that.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It sounds like you have one of the faulty Kotor disks, Chris. You should take it out of the drive, wipe some peanut butter on the back of it, then insert the game into your machine. You should be able to open up the Bao dialouge after that.

well after i talk to him about everything i can only say nothing never mind

Yeah, pretty much as Pop said.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Was playing through a game of Beyond the Sword as the Romans. I was on a huge continents map where I ended up on my own little continent except for Justinian I and his Byzantine Empire. I ended up making a really stupid mistake early on. My first city was at the edge of what could have become a bottleneck had I expanded properly. It was approximately 20 tiles wide, enough that I could have gotten 4 cities in there without any overlap and that would have blocked off the continent. If I had done that I would have locked Justinian out of 2/3rds of the continent and as I would eventually discover, it would have also secured me much easier access to oil.

Instead of blocking Justinian, I went with the idiot plan and expanded in the opposite direction to fill out the little space behind me so that I wouldn't have to worry about rampaging barbarians which I beat up on Justinian. Unfortunately by the time I managed to get expanding in the right direction, there were already Byzantine settles moving in to lay claim to half the island. Our military forces were about even at that point so I beefed up my research until I hit muskets (Axemen with city defender upgrades slaughter anything below muskets) and built up a force of 20 muskets and some siege weapons to go take a few cities.

My first attack nearly failed miserably. With 20 musketmen I managed to take one city and lose 17 of them in the counterattack. A dozen trebuchets can really do damage to a stack of enemy infantry. :) I ended up going back and forth for several centuries, where I would declare war, take a few cities and then ask for peace. Once I hit the high end resources like Oil, Uranium and Aluminium I discovered to my dismay that every single one of those was on the far side of the continent, so I would have to wade through city after city to get to them. The oil in particular would have done wonders for me as it would have let me upgrade my Ironclads to destroyers that would have completely ripped the repeated Viking invasion forces to shreds. Instead my ironclads would end up devastated by the enemy fleet and they would still manage to land all the troops.

I finally quit in 1957 when I got tired of turns taking 5 minutes to process.

I'm also playing Beyond the Sword. I decided to start over using some of the strategy information I've gleaned from the CivFanatics forums. I'm building my new civ around one very basic concept, technological elitists. I do not deal with any of the other "lesser" civs except to destroy them should they arise my ire or to steal pitiful technologies that aren't worth my civ's time to research. I've never taken on a state religion or built a religious building. It's research, money, or military.

I realized pretty early on that I needed some breathing room. So I did an America. I conquered every last Native American city and took their land. All of it. The Mongolians weren't happy with this so they declared war on me. They never bothered attacking, of course. I was able to take 4 or 5 Native American cities while the Mongolians just spewed insults and called me backstabbing, blah blah blah. I've rejected every single trade and open borders proposal I've ever gotten. After taking all NA cities, I moved to assault the Mongolians. And I was wading deep. I took one city (which will probably flip back to them soon unless I can do something), but could not break the next. So, I offered a Peace Treaty. They accepted.

Now that I'm out of war, I should have no problem getting my research back to its top levels. And maybe enhancing my espionage as well. I have every resource I could need so far, so my isolationism should be fine. My overall plan is to build up to the Manhatten Project. I'll stockpile nukes like there's no tomorrow and hope that's a heavy deterrent. If that doesn't work, well I will have no qualm about unleashing armaggedon. Assuming I can get access to Uranium. This is all to keep the idiot civs from raiding my cities while my people work towards travelling to Alpha Centauri, where we can research more in peace!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's tough taking cities in Civ4, isn't it. A lot harder than in the previous games.

Why were you ignoring religion? I ended up being the founder of Confucianism, Christianity and Islam in my game. I had over half the world converted to Confucianism. The major hold outs were the ones that had founded Buddhism and Hinduism. With everyone being part of my religion, I was raking in a pretty decent amount of cash from them.

Because I'm playing my Civ as a bunch of technological zealots. We don't recognize such superstitious hogwash!

I'm hoping the Mongolians declare again. The only thing they have going is Longbows on defense (which I have no specific counter for, but I'm sure my Grenadiers can handle them) and Horsemen (whatever their UU is) running raids. I just need to find their supply of horses.

Edited by Tale

I can't be the only one to realize he's a fake poster, can I?

Edited by Tale

I can't be the only one to realize he's a fake poster, can I?

no he also claims to be a crip gang member and about the games he posted they suck

hes just a drug dealing bastard

but gonna probaly play starwars republic commando

Edited by chris the jedi killer

He's either Chris's alt or his friend.

I bought Max Payne 2 for five euros. About time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds