What are you playing now?

Darque

Just beaten Okami. It's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. But I have to admit that Japanese developers really love to make loooong games. Actually, too long for their own good.

Next game? IWD2...

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

I was just attacked by a freaking monkey, a plasma-firing angry chimpanzee in SS2.

Woah. What the freaking hell?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I was just attacked by a freaking monkey, a plasma-firing angry chimpanzee in SS2.

Is it great or what? :o

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Is it great or what? :o

Yes, this is awesome! The darkness, the sounds and the feeling of dread make it so suspenseful. Doom 3 tried to do the whole game what this game did in one level.

Now to find some maintenance tools for my new shotgun, those hybrids can't use these weapons for crap.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Am I just a really huge noob or is overlord kind of hard. I'm in the sewers of that castle or w/e and I got swarmed by undead and couldn't really do anything. I don't even know how to change spells and you pretty much only get to use blues who suck really bad. :)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Am I just a really huge noob or is overlord kind of hard. I'm in the sewers of that castle or w/e and I got swarmed by undead and couldn't really do anything. I don't even know how to change spells and you pretty much only get to use blues who suck really bad. :)

You just a really huge noob. Blues can't fight at all. You need to find a brown portal. Don't forget that blues can resurrect other minions, like say after they have drowned...

You just a really huge noob. Blues can't fight at all. You need to find a brown portal. Don't forget that blues can resurrect other minions, like say after they have drowned...

What happend was I summoned up about like 8 browns. And i was fighting through with them and a few blues. Then I got to this part where theres a blocked off passage with fire and then the corridor kept going but it had water. So I told my browns to wait and kept trudging ahead in case I could just get them through real quick. I turned right, and there was a life shrine, and green, blue, and red portals. Then about 50 zombies came out of nowhere. Since I could only summon like half my minions I got destroyed so easy. Tried to spam fireball and stuff but they backed me in a corner then it was reverse necrophelia and just raped me to death. :(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Am I just a really huge noob or is overlord kind of hard. I'm in the sewers of that castle or w/e and I got swarmed by undead and couldn't really do anything. I don't even know how to change spells and you pretty much only get to use blues who suck really bad. :(

What happend was I summoned up about like 8 browns. And i was fighting through with them and a few blues. Then I got to this part where theres a blocked off passage with fire and then the corridor kept going but it had water. So I told my browns to wait and kept trudging ahead in case I could just get them through real quick. I turned right, and there was a life shrine, and green, blue, and red portals. Then about 50 zombies came out of nowhere. Since I could only summon like half my minions I got destroyed so easy. Tried to spam fireball and stuff but they backed me in a corner then it was reverse necrophelia and just raped me to death. :(

Ah that section. I've got in the habit earlier on of returning my minions if I had to go somewhere that they couldn't. There is usually somewhere nearby on the opposite side (like by the life shrine) where you can pick up more minions. I got whacked the first time I went through that area also. The second time I ignored the zombies and ran up by the shrine to spawn 20 some green minions. Together with them I managed to get rid of the zombies. You could also try using reds on either side of the stairs while you guard them yourself. If you have an axe or a mace you should be able to just keep whacking them away while the reds beat them. :)

Yeah I got past it. I kind of did the same thing but I lured the zombies to where my browns were last time and was easily able to destroy them. Can I upgrade my guy and stuff at the castle or what because I mean I suck at fighting with the overlord so I need all the upgrades I can get.

I usually go for 20 browns, 10 greens and 6 reds... depending on the situation. 16 reds if there are good placements for them. The greens usually guard the reds while the 20 browns drown any enemy I point at. I also tend to poke at the enemy with my mace a few times. I've found that most enemies are allergic to my Overlord's Arcanium mace.

Unfortunately I lost interest when there were no halflings left to bash.

Yeah I got past it. I kind of did the same thing but I lured the zombies to where my browns were last time and was easily able to destroy them. Can I upgrade my guy and stuff at the castle or what because I mean I suck at fighting with the overlord so I need all the upgrades I can get.

Yeah. If you've got one of the smelters (which I presume you have at that point) you can upgrade your armor, weapon and helmet* by going to the forge in your castle. I believe it's the orange stairs down. I'd wait until you've finished a "level" before going back though, since I think enemies come back and it can be a hassle if you're in the middle of a map or summin.

*= The helmet upgrade is pretty useless. It takes around 100 minions to get +1 minion cap.

edit: Crap, sorry... should've edited my post above instead of double posting :)

Edited by Noceur

Yeah I got the forge later today. I still don't know how to change spells rofl. :)

Basically I got all 4 minions, I freed the people from the infected castle or w/e and I need to finish killing oberon the roots dude.

My friends 360 is busted with the three Ominous Fiery Ringlets and I have an odious need to play "feed-the-plasma-grenade-to-the-rhino-monkies", or more commonly, Halo 2 on co-op, so I just might tow my Xbox at my friends place and crash there for the night.

Then again, I do have psi-monkies brains(researched one and found out that it wasn't...umm plasmey at all) to bash in at R&D.

kirottu said:

The psi-monkies beckon you. :*

Heja Sverige!!

Do you happen to know whether there's a security control panel somewhere in Medical? I mean the area which has primate research and Biopsy(I think, because Polito[yeah, I have been already spoiled] asked me to find Grassi at Biopsy and haven't found it at anywhere else) Because all control panels I've found are near the start and that place is full of shotgun hybrids right now and I'd rather not traverse through load zones lest I cause more respawns. There's a nasty security camera next to the umm...regeneration chamber in Medical and I'd like to take it out before I plunge into monkeybashing. I like how limited my survival tools are at this point, but it also means I must play accordingly, ergo very sparingly.

Also, Rebirth models are scary, especially the psi-ghosts.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Nevermind, I took the camera out with a pistol and proceeded to find Doctor Walsh.

I found him yeah, and a lot of other...stuff. Including irradiated psi-monkies and wacky suicide protocol droids. That said, the crew quarters of Med/Sci were awesome. They looked like straight from an alien movie and the flooding idea was archaic, but bloody fitting. I also liked how ominously monotone Xerxes sounds when he sends "security"("Your flessshh callss to uss!""Pleasse kill mmeee!"). Being in shreds, I huddled in a crevice with my wrench and tried to remember where the nearest surgery table was.

I'm at Engineering now and wondering whether I should invest in Repair. I don't even have Standard Weapons skill higher than 1, so I can't use that nice shotgun I've been hoarding ammo(unloading hybrid's shotties for slugs) for. But they cost so.

So cool game. So very cool. But it makes me want to play Deus Ex again.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I'm at Engineering now and wondering whether I should invest in Repair. I don't even have Standard Weapons skill higher than 1, so I can't use that nice shotgun I've been hoarding ammo(unloading hybrid's shotties for slugs) for. But they cost so.

Don't invest in repair, it's a waste for your sparse cybermodules. You can find some of these French-whatever toolkits (forgot the exact name) or find new weapons that aren't broken. Better spend in maintenance in order to keep your weapon in good conditions. Once it's broken, you can throw it away, so don't let that happen. Especially the superior Assault rifle needs maintenance of 4 at least I think.

And yes, maximally upgrade 2 types of weapons to 6. Standard is must in order to get the awesome Assault rifle (3 different ammo types, Single shot and Auto, uses pistol ammunition, hence cheap), I also suggest to fully upgrade Energy weapon for the later Security robots. Have at least a bit for Heavy weapons too for the Shotgun and Grenade Launcher (a must!), but don't touch the Exotic Weapon stuff, totally useless. The Plasma Gun for Heavy 6 looks cool, but don't waste your points into it, it isn't that powerful actually and does neither make much damage for robots, nor for organic lifeforms.

Standard and Energy all the way! Also, Research skills are recommandable too. Also make sure to have 3 Ice-Breakers in your inventory once you face the boss. BUT I WON'T TELL YOU WHO THIS IS!!!!111

Edited by Morgoth

Cheers. A couple of Q's:

1) Should I use ap-bullets on the suicide droids or just dodge the explosion, it is kind of hard?

2)Is shotgun a heavy weapon? I found an intact one from Medical, near Biopsy and kinda want to use it.

3)Is there any use in spending points to psionics? Some essential skill, or the like.

4)Is this game awesome or what?

kirottu said:

1) Should I use ap-bullets on the suicide droids or just dodge the explosion, it is kind of hard?

Yes, don't let them come close. Later, when you get your first Energy weapon (that Star trek like handgun), it will become cheaper to take them out. Poor bullets.

2)Is shotgun a heavy weapon? I found an intact one from Medical, near Biopsy and kinda want to use it.

I can't remember that anymore, but just try to use it and it will say you what skill you need. I think it's Heavy 1. Recommandable. Single and Triple-Shot modes, 2 different ammo types. Very effective in close range (duh).

3)Is there any use in spending points to psionics? Some essential skill, or the like.

Oh well Psionics is a completely different matter. I personally never had fun with that stuff. In order to use it effectively, you would have do abandon all you weapon skills....but that just wouldn't be fun anymore. I never touched that psionic stuff. Irrational themself explained that this feature was never really implemented very well.

I'd have to answer that with a definite "YES", good sir.

Just be careful of the monkeys and the screaming cyborg mommies, though. :*

Edited by Morgoth

Cheers. A couple of Q's:

1) I usually use the shotgun against those guys as I found shotgun bullets to be much more plentiful than ap bullets.

2)It's a standard weapon, so go ahead. Just don't forget that the wrench is your friend. :*

3)I played most of my games without spending a point in psionics.

4)Yes. And the wrench is your friend. :ermm:

Heja Sverige!!

Oh, ****. This game has some incarnation of obligatory horror game nurses, right?

Hell.

kirottu said: