What are you playing now?

Darque

Picked up the fourth piece of my Incanters set this weekend. YEAH, eat that Burning Legion!!! I kid, its a pretty meh set.

well it's better than most stuff you can find until you hit tier 4. or heroics

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Picked up the fourth piece of my Incanters set this weekend. YEAH, eat that Burning Legion!!! I kid, its a pretty meh set.

Im going to let my WoW ignorance show here. What Tier is the Incanters set and how do the Tiers rank, 1 is the highest or 5 is the highest?

Im going to let my WoW ignorance show here. What Tier is the Incanters set and how do the Tiers rank, 1 is the highest or 5 is the highest?

OK, there are kinda two different groups of gear, Tiers and Dungon sets

Tiers are generally ONLY able to be used by a single class while Dungon sets can be used by any class (but are aimed more at a certain class.) so for you this is your tier four, but if necessary a Priest or Warlock could use it. This is your tier 4 set, it only really drops for high level raids.

OK, there are kinda two different groups of gear, Tiers and Dungon sets

Tiers are generally ONLY able to be used by a single class while Dungon sets can be used by any class (but are aimed more at a certain class.) so for you this is your tier four, but if necessary a Priest or Warlock could use it. This is your tier 4 set, it only really drops for high level raids.

Huh, so Im topped out until I get heroic (never, ever, achieved exalted with anyone) or finally get that last friggin part of the Kara key made in BM. Thanks a lot for the links, you rock.

EDIT: There were a couple Raid instances I saw in those links that Ive never even heard of.

Edited by Gfted1

you don't need exalted, just revered.

the raids you probably don't know about are The Eye (Prince Kael'thas's personal citidel, the giant instance near Mech, Bot, and Arc) and Serpentshrine Cavern (where Lady Vasj resides controling zangermarsh).

Magtheradons lair is in Hellfire Citidel, not entirly sure where. And Mount Hyjal is open AFTER attunement by killing both Vasj and Kael'thas. Hyjal will lead you to Black Temple where Illidan awaits us all.

**** some of these other games, I'm playing Final Fantasy IV.

And Condemned.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

the raids you probably don't know about are The Eye (Prince Kael'thas's personal citidel, the giant instance near Mech, Bot, and Arc) and Serpentshrine Cavern (where Lady Vasj resides controling zangermarsh).

Magtheradons lair is in Hellfire Citidel, not entirly sure where. And Mount Hyjal is open AFTER attunement by killing both Vasj and Kael'thas. Hyjal will lead you to Black Temple where Illidan awaits us all.

Hmm, revered you say. Im pretty close to revered in several places. There is a "heroic" version of every instance in outland right? So say I get revered with the guys in Thrallmar, will that open up every heroic instance under their control (IE: SH, BF, etc.) or do you need to do something for each individual heroic instance?

And yep, those are the instances I hadnt heard of. It constantly amazes me that WoW is so in depth that even after playing all this time there are huge chunks I dont even know about. Of course, that could also be due to my slacktitude.

Hmm, revered you say. Im pretty close to revered in several places. There is a "heroic" version of every instance in outland right? So say I get revered with the guys in Thrallmar, will that open up every heroic instance under their control (IE: SH, BF, etc.) or do you need to do something for each individual heroic instance?

And yep, those are the instances I hadnt heard of. It constantly amazes me that WoW is so in depth that even after playing all this time there are huge chunks I dont even know about. Of course, that could also be due to my slacktitude.

OK, the instances in outland are broken down into three major areas,

Hellfire Citidel: which containes the Ramparts, Blood Furnace and Shattered halls (and mags lair but I don't think you'll be going there anytime soon)

Coilfang Resivoir: containing SlavePens Underbog and Steamvaults

and finially Tempest keep: Arc Bot Mech and the eye.

you get a key that will open the heroic versions of the instances for each group.

Doom 3, and Oblivion. It's like I'm not even trying.

I know! My second time getting half way through and eventual beating Oblivion/knioghts of the nine/ shivering isles was a walk in the park! If you set your character up correctly, you just plow through, or sneak right by inviso.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Still playing BG1. I have finally enter the big city itself. I think my party will travel around the houses looking for loot to steal before moving on to any quests.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

System Shock 2, starting for the first time.

I'd like some pointers, I don't have the smallest idea what's going to be ahead. Except Shodan, she is granted.

Stay tuned for when I start Fallout 1 for the first time next week. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They see you, so run, RUN!!!!

Try to rely on the wrench as much as possible.

Also, play the game with surround sound while in the dark for extra enjoyment.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm alone here for a couple of days, so an alnighter is not out of the question.

This is going to be...intuitive.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

IWD (because I've only played through HOW+TOTL once), PS: T (because), Septerra Core (because Baten Kaitos reminded me that I've never finished that one).

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

i'm playing BG as well, and i have reinstalled IWD. someone's suggestion to switch to 16-bit in the configure screen to solve the blocky fog of war problem worked like a charm.

anyway, some interesting notes on things i forgot about the game...

first, i have what is by all accounts a fairly high-end computer. core2duo e6600, 8800gts vid card, 3.0 gb SATA drive, 4 GB of mammaries and an audigy 2 sound card. is it just me, or was BG _always_ this laggy? it just seems sluggish.

next, i forgot how annoying the pathfinding is. crap it is, even with the number of nodes cranked (which i've turned down again). characters regularly get stuck on each other in battles, failing to simply walk around. it's almost silly. that characters cannot push others out of the way is also a pain, and i remember that was one of the top gripes fixed in BG2.

overall, as simplistic as the AI is, i prefer it to many of the problems i had with NWN2. at least everyone doesn't come running to the currently selected player every round, meanwhile getting bashed in the head by some miscreant.

why o why is there not a free attack when something runs away. if they're faster than whomever you have in pursuit, you have to wait till he turns back to red and rejoins the fight. sometimes, if you aren't paying attention, your moron in pursuit will open up areas that you aren't ready to clear, bringing the hordes with him upon his return, or dying in the process.

the game is actually rather challenging to play at low levels. a 1st level mage is useless without the ring of wizardry. minsc cannot hit the broad side of a barn. danged rangers. i'm doing him with a bastard sword and shield this time, rather than the stock two-handed sword.

why does khalid only have a 15 STR as a fighter? at least with jaheira it makes sense because she's a druid and needed to spread her stats out. she's really my best fighter at the end of the day. i now remember why khalid was killed for BG2.

once the majority of your dudes are above 3rd level, the game gets much, much easier. i had forgotten how easy it became as the game progressed.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i'm playing BG as well, and i have reinstalled IWD. someone's suggestion to switch to 16-bit in the configure screen to solve the blocky fog of war problem worked like a charm.

That's a bummer, and may prevent me from getting rid of my current computer when I upgrade again. I don't want to have to turn things down just to play games that ran great on older hardware.

first, i have what is by all accounts a fairly high-end computer. core2duo e6600, 8800gts vid card, 3.0 gb SATA drive, 4 GB of mammaries and an audigy 2 sound card. is it just me, or was BG _always_ this laggy? it just seems sluggish.

That's quite odd. BG was wicked fast on my old AMD K6-based computer, and still is on my AMD Athlon64 system. It was BG2, with all its built-in data compression and clunky engine that ran like a hog. I have experienced some oddities like yours in other games though. Ultima IX pauses for some unexplained reason whenever I open a book for reading, something that never happened on older hardware that could barely play the game. IWD2's semi-transparent backgrounds for floating text really lag the game on my newer computer, which never happened on the aforementioned older system. Perhaps it's an issue with WinXP versus Win98SE when it comes to running older games, I don't know.

next, i forgot how annoying the pathfinding is. crap it is, even with the number of nodes cranked (which i've turned down again). characters regularly get stuck on each other in battles, failing to simply walk around. it's almost silly. that characters cannot push others out of the way is also a pain, and i remember that was one of the top gripes fixed in BG2.

This is one of several reasons I broke down and installed Tutu, even though I'll have to practically redo Tutu to bring it up to my standards of quality. What did it for me wasn't the pathfinding, though it's certainly bad, but rather the inability to sleep inside a building and have a movie other than the outdoor camp scene. Not to mention that I had to flag the indoor region as outdoor, which led to other issues. BG2's "fix" for pathfinding was to rescan nodes at regular intervals. This prevents characters from wandering around, and saved Bioware from rewriting their pathfinding code. It's not perfect, but it's what we're stuck with.

overall, as simplistic as the AI is, i prefer it to many of the problems i had with NWN2. at least everyone doesn't come running to the currently selected player every round, meanwhile getting bashed in the head by some miscreant.

Thankfully the AI is fully programmable, as IE scripts are very simplistic. There are limits, but fights can be made more believable with a modicum of effort. If you wish to stay with stock BG, you might try the Fields of the Dead mod. It attempts to improve many things, including AI.

why o why is there not a free attack when something runs away. if they're faster than whomever you have in pursuit, you have to wait till he turns back to red and rejoins the fight. sometimes, if you aren't paying attention, your moron in pursuit will open up areas that you aren't ready to clear, bringing the hordes with him upon his return, or dying in the process.

I'm not sure about this. SSI's Gold Box games all provided the free attack against a fleeing creature. If it happens in the IE games, it's nearly undetectable thanks to the bastardized personal rounds system. (I so prefer SSI's method of dealing with battles. Tactics didn't revolve around the Space Bar.) Edit: I seem to recall IWD2 re-instating this free attack.

the game is actually rather challenging to play at low levels. a 1st level mage is useless without the ring of wizardry. minsc cannot hit the broad side of a barn. danged rangers. i'm doing him with a bastard sword and shield this time, rather than the stock two-handed sword.

I love CRPGs at low levels, because that's usually where the rules shine. Sometimes a game can be a bit too difficult, but usually it's a lot of fun. Once combat becomes easy, I begin to rely on the story and puzzles to keep me occupied. If those fail, the game ends up in the dust bin.

As I recall, Minsc hasn't the best dexterity, so his THAC0 is hideous. Get him some DEX equipment and he does much better. You could try him with a bow, since ranged weapons tend to be more useful in BG (they're almost useless in BG2).

why does khalid only have a 15 STR as a fighter? at least with jaheira it makes sense because she's a druid and needed to spread her stats out. she's really my best fighter at the end of the day. i now remember why khalid was killed for BG2.

According to D&D rules, 15 is above average, and 18 strength is heroic. Don't give in to the Powergamer within you. :x That said, Khalid is better off dualed to a mage and kept in the back of the party. I usually make fighter type characters for BG because of the lack of decent tanks. (And I don't invite evil characters into the party, so Korgan is out.)

I hope that all made sense. I'm a real medicine head right now. :lol: Being sick sucks.

Edited by Wistrik

System Shock 2, starting for the first time.

I'd like some pointers, I don't have the smallest idea what's going to be ahead. Except Shodan, she is granted.

Stay tuned for when I start Fallout 1 for the first time next week. :lol:

Horde your pistol ammo, buy up hacking, cyber affinity, and small arms.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I recently tried playing Dark Messiah of Might & Magic but just couldn't get into it. I tried out the Project Sylpheed demo but wasn't a big fan of the controls (maybe I just don't like space combat games anymore). I also started playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Very nice. I bought Overlord and Armored Core 4 for my 360, but haven't been able to play them yet.