What You've Done Today - We do not remember days, we remember moments

ShadySands

At OBS ending the first day of this annual visit. Got to see some of the new digs (aka renos) and hearing about some of those geeky things that make OBS such an amazing set of storytellers ... :) In the meantime, a few collages of some of the wall art for your geeky goodness ...

231106.obs.01b.jpg

231106.obs.02b.jpg

• Like 13

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

43 minutes ago, bugarup said:

And I contracted Lyme disease. F†ck ticks, I hate those bastards so, so much, wish they'd just drop dead, all of them :down:

Sorry to  hear, I didnt even know about this  disease but  I looked it up. What are your symptoms, apparently these can appear months or years after getting the disease? 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lyme-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20374651

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Sorry to  hear, I didnt even know about this  disease but  I looked it up. What are your symptoms, apparently these can appear months or years after getting the disease? 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lyme-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20374651

Symptoms are too damn generic to be of any use. Like, hell if I know if a joint aches because of Lyme of because of old age. :getlost: I just did blood test after scraping a couple of those f†ckers off myself and shaking another ten outta trousers because ticks are very Lymey where I live, and voila. No big deal, antibiotics cure it well enough, but f†ck ticks all the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Have dueling Israeli and Palestine flags flying in my neighbourhood, luckily have renewed home insurance with better provider.  Should ask them where do they buy these flags, usually.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Fall of the House of Usher - Netflix

I only caught the last 30 minutes of the last episode, but dang, it was a good 30 minutes! Then I peppered my wife with 50 questions about what happened in the first 7.5 episodes and now I want to go watch the entire season. :lol:

EDIT: Whoops wrong thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well, not really, that is what you did today/yesterday 😛

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

During this visit to OBS got play a bit of a Mystary project ... so good. I think all will indeed be pleased! Also got to be reminded what 20 years with the community and OBS has seen artistically!  Finally, Extra Life is this coming week ... super excited to be part of one of the sessions. Will post about that too!

PXL_20231107_230733211.jpg

PXL_20231107_233042143.jpg

• Like 10
  • Gasp! 2

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

19 minutes ago, Fionavar said:

During this visit to OBS got play a bit of a Mystary project ... so good. I think all will indeed be pleased! Also got to be reminded what 20 years with the community and OBS has seen artistically!  Finally, Extra Life is this coming week ... super excited to be part of one of the sessions. Will post about that too!

Mystary… mystary is good 😌 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been taking the train to work regularly, and I can't believe I didn't start doing it earlier. With our recent home purchase and move, my 45 minute drive to work became more like an hour, so I knew I needed an alternative. The great thing is I leave for the train about the same time I'd need to leave in my car, and I only get home about 30 minutes later. 

I jump on my bike in the morning at about 6:15 AM and ride 2 miles to the train station. It's downhill and so I can cover it super fast. Train rolls out at 6:29. Then it gets to my stop around 7:14 AM (It covers about 40 miles and there are only 4 stops on the way.) I then jump on my bike and ride about 9 miles to work. It's a bit slow going with the traffic lights, but I still get it done in about 35-40 minutes and make it before my 8 AM first period of the day.

In the afternoon I have a fair amount of extra time to get to the train before it heads home, so it's not nearly as rushed. The train itself is pretty nice and even has a bathroom. It's never crowded where I get on (apparently it gets busier as they get closer to San Francisco. I'm surprised more people don't do this, as the car traffic is terrible where I live. That being said, there have been some delays and stopped trains. It sounds like everything runs smoothly 90% of the time, which is good, but not great. I can see why being late once every two weeks could be an issues for people. That being said, yay for trains and bikes and boo to cars.

398998984_10225128391661615_908081691218

398930655_10225128391941622_912924869783

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Fionavar said:

PXL_20231107_230733211.jpg

PXL_20231107_233042143.jpg

And now an update about the 9th Extra Life Stream :) 9th Annual Extra Life Marathon Stream - Obsidian Forum Community

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Reading the daily vehicle inspection sheets that we fill out is like something out of funny youtube "customer states" videos.

"Battery is bad, tractor is hard to start" (After a weekend)

Next shift when I perform my inspection

"Cabin light was left on"

"Rear trailer hitch refuses to work properly"

Me; "Cut-off valve for rear hitch controls opened all the way, rear hitch has been smashed repeatedly and now needs replacing."

"Cigarette lighter socket doesn't work"

"Disconnected cabin heater from cigarette lighter socket and changed the burnt out fuse"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Fionavar said:

And now an update about the 9th Extra Life Stream :) 9th Annual Extra Life Marathon Stream - Obsidian Forum Community

What is a bean boozie and why is it bad enough yall need $10 to eat one? Asking uhhhh.... purely for scientific purposes.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

4 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

What is a bean boozie and why is it bad enough yall need $10 to eat one? Asking uhhhh.... purely for scientific purposes.

They are flavoured jelly beans that do not taste super yummy :)

• Thanks 1

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

On 11/11/2023 at 5:14 PM, Gfted1 said:

The Fall of the House of Usher - Netflix

I only caught the last 30 minutes of the last episode, but dang, it was a good 30 minutes! Then I peppered my wife with 50 questions about what happened in the first 7.5 episodes and now I want to go watch the entire season. :lol:

EDIT: Whoops wrong thread.

I  loved it and its definitely not the type of series you can watch right at  the end because its  about a story he tells :grin:

Your  wife  doesn't get annoyed when you do this or is she use to it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I  loved it and its definitely not the type of series you can watch right at  the end because its  about a story he tells :grin:

Prior to this current version, I had only ever seen the 1960 version (House of Usher (film) - Wikipedia). So besides being an excellent retelling of the story it was also cool to see it updated with todays "issues" (but some of them were really on the nose).

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Your  wife  doesn't get annoyed when you do this or is she use to it?

Nah, we do it to each other. Somtimes Ill start watching something that shes poo-pooed, then a little while later shes suddenly sitting next to me watching it and asking me to backfill whatever she missed. :lol:

• Haha 2

Hubby is still into 3d printers. Not in the sense of actually wanting to print anything - well, except maybe for small tech parts/gears - but in the geek sense of always trying to improve build designs/workings, The printer itself. So long story short he's watched/been mostly a lurker of similar minded home 3d-printer nerds, and this month he finally contributed a build improvement thing. Don't ask me what, I understand none of it.

But that community picked it up and featured it in some of their YT vids, and group forum posts, and one is using it in their own design now.... hubby seems quite pleased. lol. He's so cute.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Love these meetings about ordering us back to the office, so much double speak about it not being mandatory, no one is checking badges, etc.  But they don't ditch this hoteling crap which works against the nominal reasons to go into the office in first place 😛

"Black Friday" sales started a bit early for some stores here in Australia. I used the opportunity to finally buy myself a new TV, so I've spent half the day trying to navigate the menu 😖

When I bought my old plasma TV (which sort of indicates when I last bought a TV) was analogue only and I had a little external TV tuner box, that could convert the digital signals from suppliers into analogue signals... and I had 5 TV channels!

Found some of my favourite channels, sadly the only dedicated news channel seems to be Sky News 🤮

Lots of subscription channels which I have no interest in whatsoever. But... I could watch DVD movies again on something larger than my monitor. Speaking of larger... 55" was one of the smallest you could get, so I figured, great, that should fit right in, right?

There seems to have gone inflation in screen sizes, it felt effin huge 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thought I had sprained my ankle/foot earlier this month, and then again a week after. I hadn't noticed the swelling going down, so I stayed home from work last week and went to get a checkup and a doctors certificate today. Turns out I've been walking about with a broken foot for 3 weeks...

• Gasp! 2
  • Sad 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken