What You've Done Today - We do not remember days, we remember moments

ShadySands

and today

deeragain.thumb.jpg.66c838b2f3ae70027b735e4a73fbbf83.jpg

it is almost always a doe outside our office, but in early autumn the bucks monopolize the spot.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

now i'm no deer expert, but that really looks like the same guy from last year

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

now i'm no deer expert, but that really looks like the same guy from last year

am tending to agree, but whenever we ask the trespassing cervids for id, they either ignore us, or they give us a tough-guy glare which would make just about any mafia button man envious. our local deer population has almost zero fear o' canines or humans. as such am unable to say with certainty if the two images depict the same interloper.

regardless, our community needs to think about importing a wolf pack or two. oh sure, most o' the neighborhood felines would go missing before the deer problem were solved, but if you are gonna make an omelet, right? 

am joking about the wolves. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 4
  • Gasp! 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Health issues on the homefront, wife has to get her gallbladder removed tomorrow morning. Not really that crazy except that yesterday, when we got the news, was my late mom's birthday. She died of pancreatic cancer 6 months after first being misdiagnosed with gallbladder issues. 

Not the same at all but because of the day that's where my mind was at. It was a something 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 7

Free games updated 3/4/21

21 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Health issues on the homefront, wife has to get her gallbladder removed tomorrow morning. Not really that crazy except that yesterday, when we got the news, was my late mom's birthday. She died of pancreatic cancer 6 months after first being misdiagnosed with gallbladder issues. 

Not the same at all but because of the day that's where my mind was at. It was a something 

Crossing fingers, hoping it's a fast and uncomplicated thing 🍀

My young visitor is continuing her journey up north after the weekend. Probably just as well, as I'm not sure I could get used to have her around for prolonged periods of time. That flowery, fruity scent trail she leaves behind wherever she walks makes me constantly hungry 😖

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

18 hours ago, ShadySands said:

am annoyingly blasé about our own health issues, or so we is told. converse, when family and close friends have health problems we cannot help but worry.

is this one o' those situations when it is bad luck to wish good luck? dunno. regardless, am hopeful your wife's procedure is mind-numbing uneventful.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Best of luck Shady.

One of my uncles is probably going to die soon. That's 3 of my mom's siblings in as many years if so.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just got back home after a week in New Orleans.  Quirky to go to an American city where you can casually walk pretty much everywhere. 😄

Had the fun of landing back on Saturday, and then being told that around 150 pieces of baggage had been left at Heathrow. So I had to do the adventure of hit Walmark for basic necessities and some spare clothes while waiting on my particular baggage to catch up to me.

Survived the Vampire Speakeasy.

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

7 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

Or did you?

Well, to be fair, the absinthe had a kick...

20231012_211631.jpg?ex=653b1fc3&is=6528a

20231012_211614.jpg?ex=653b1fc4&is=6528a

And of course, the wine had to be served in these:

20231012_230437.jpg?ex=653b4bd3&is=6528d

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Well, to be fair, the absinthe had a kick...

the real question is did you try turtle soup?

HA! Good Fun!

I waxed my car today. I've been lazy this year. I typically wax the car twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, but this year I didn't do the spring waxing. Oh well, once is better than zero times, I guess.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I waxed my car today. I've been lazy this year. I typically wax the car twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, but this year I didn't do the spring waxing. Oh well, once is better than zero times, I guess.

Brazilian style or more traditional style? 

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

Brazilian style or more traditional style? 

Not gonna lie, I know some crazy peeps that wax their tailpipe... :no:

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Asked a friend what they wanted for their birthday. They gave me a look and did a "You've been getting into leather-working lately haven't you?".. and then asked if I could make them a customised collar.  Not what I was expecting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2023 at 11:02 AM, ShadySands said:

They made 3 or 4 tiny incisions along her abdomen. 

This is how I pictured it

am a bit jealous although not o' the great ape surgeon mind you. we had our appendix removed a few years past and it were s'posed to be laparoscopic-- tiny incision. 

surgery were six am during summer.  we mention the time 'cause when we regained full consciousness in a hospital room, our first reaction were to note it were pitch black outside. dark. nighttime. huh. then we realized we were in some considerable discomfort and we clear had a much larger surgical wound than had been described to us.

oopsies.

HA! Good Fun!

• Gasp! 1

Fun day at work when a mission critical server is identified as compromised for some reason and blacklisted from network.  Then everyone who logged in to check the issue is also blacklisted.

Obviously our security team is led by Ripley

• Haha 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

We bought a house. Well, a townhome, but it's pretty nice. We have been renting for about 15 years, so it is a big deal. We just cleared to close, so sometime next week we will get the keys and start moving.

hopefully you are still close enough to work to commute by bike.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1