What are you Playing Now? - Games don't make you violent, lag does

7 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

7 Days to Die, current save: for food, I just made "bacon and eggs" and "yucca drink". That is more than sufficient and I never need more for survival/day to day (as a solo player at least). But I finally had enough magazines and ingredients to cook some of the higher end foods, which I haven't done in A21 yet.

7DtD-A21-03.jpg

Holy, WTF. Around 53 (real life) minutes? I will tell you right now, the foods are nothing that special, they don't make you fly or give you massive uber buffs or anything. Just more "hunger" points mostly. That is ridiculous. I also have 2 perks that make cooking times 40% faster. Uh huh.

I will stick with bacon and eggs. Oh sure, if you cook 24 of those at once it might be 8-12 minutes, but that is a far cry from nearly an hour.  >.>   Edit: I know, you're supposed to go loot or dig while waiting, but that's not the point.

If for some reason I really like those "foods" I would mod their cooking times to 1/4 of default. Just silly. A21 has done stuff like that with many things, time to craft anything has skyrocketed. Not everyone plays in 6 hours sessions, ok.

So you  misled us, you have often said you dont cook? It sounds like  you quite the little gastronome  🍲

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I started a new game of Jagged Alliance 3. I was going broke in my previous playthrough, so I'm going to try to stick with one good squad until I get a couple diamond mines under my control. I also didn't do great job of making my own Merc, so this time I focused on wisdom and leadership, and dropped mechanical and explosives. My first character was too mediocre in everything.

My new team is Hitman, Red, Livewire (she grew on me!), Thor, and a new guy, I think he's Mongolian. So far they seem pretty competent, but it also helps that I'm getting better at positioning and understanding how to flank. 

Also, be warned. I took a boat to a mine at the northwestern part of the map, and nearly got massacred! There are definitely harder regions out there. My team wasn't ready for that yet.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

I started a new game of Jagged Alliance 3. I was going broke in my previous playthrough, so I'm going to try to stick with one good squad until I get a couple diamond mines under my control. I also didn't do great job of making my own Merc, so this time I focused on wisdom and leadership, and dropped mechanical and explosives. My first character was too mediocre in everything.

My new team is Hitman, Red, Livewire (she grew on me!), Thor, and a new guy, I think he's Mongolian. So far they seem pretty competent, but it also helps that I'm getting better at positioning and understanding how to flank. 

Also, be warned. I took a boat to a mine at the northwestern part of the map, and nearly got massacred! There are definitely harder regions out there. My team wasn't ready for that yet.

I also started over because, like the dumbass I am, I forgot to make my own merc and was just rolling with the hired mercs.:facepalm:

I was very early into the game (just liberated Ernie) so rather than wasting precious time to wait for my created merc to meet up with my squad I just started over. Here's my merc:

XwdUXuz.jpg

They didn't give me enough characters to call him "Death Wish" or even "Deathwish", so he's "Dethwish". That's the most Charles Bronson of the available faces I could find.

My team is the same as before: Blood, Dr. Q, and Vicki. They worked really well previously so if it ain't broke don't fix it. Everyone on my team has high agility so that I can sneak around and set up nasty ambushes. Blood is particularly great at stealth kills with his throwing knives. I can sometimes take several goons out before battle begins, which is obviously of great advantage.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I’m so tempted to get JA3. Wish there was a playable demo as the disappointment that was the x-com remake still stings 😔

• Sad 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

I’m so tempted to get JA3. Wish there was a playable demo as the disappointment that was the x-com remake still stings 😔

New Xcom is definitely an entirely different type of game from old Xcom, so I get your worries, but JA3 is very close to the template that JA2 created. Get it. It's good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

Have you by any chance tried ou Xenonauts? Also Xenonauts 2 are very close to release. First game is closest game I’ve played to first two X-Coms by Microprose.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

5 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Have you by any chance tried ou Xenonauts? Also Xenonauts 2 are very close to release. First game is closest game I’ve played to first two X-Coms by Microprose.

Completed Xenonauts a few times. Loved it. Looking forward to where Xenonauts 2 is headed :)

In the end, I'll probably get JA3 from GOG in a few days time. Just need some real life stuff out of the way first

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Gorth said:

I played Firaxis' XCOM for like 3h before I threw it out. Tried XCOM2, a bit better, but still fundamentally the same game. Expansion made it better, though that was not hard. Long War (of the Chosen) is a different story. It made the game genuinely good in my eyes. They really nailed the cat-and-mouse feeling of running a guerilla campaign against an overwhelming alien occupier, and there is now an actual strategic layer to the game. Mind, it still is not a "proper" remake of OG X-Com. That niche is meant to be filled by Xenonauts.

How about Aliens: Dark Descent?

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

11 minutes ago, 213374U said:

I played Firaxis' XCOM for like 3h before I threw it out. Tried XCOM2, a bit better, but still fundamentally the same game. Expansion made it better, though that was not hard. Long War (of the Chosen) is a different story. It made the game genuinely good in my eyes. They really nailed the cat-and-mouse feeling of running a guerilla campaign against an overwhelming alien occupier, and there is now an actual strategic layer to the game. Mind, it still is not a "proper" remake of OG X-Com. That niche is meant to be filled by Xenonauts.

How about Aliens: Dark Descent?

Not familiar with Aliens: Dark Descent... I'll have to look it up 🤔

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

In the end, I'll probably get JA3 from GOG in a few days time. Just need some real life stuff out of the way first

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

13 hours ago, Gorth said:

Wait 6 months, that way critical things are likely to be patched and maybe it will be on sale

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, Malcador said:

Wait 6 months, that way critical things are likely to be patched and maybe it will be on sale

Knock on wood, but this game has been surprisingly stable and bug-free so far. Quite a feat, given how buggy JA2 was.

• Like 2

Yeah, I've had zero issues with JA3. None, nada, zip, zlich. In a year full of terrible PC port launches it's refreshing when

Probably because this isn't a PC port, it's a game made specifically for PC.

I just did the assault on the Legion fort on the island. That's the first battle I've had where I nearly had a merc go down. Everyone survived, though, and scars build character. That was a fun battle.

Having Vicki repair the machine gun turret was a big help in the battle. She mowed down at least a half dozen goons. Also, I let Pierre live. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wrangling Witcher 2 (made a chapter 2 choice, currently constantly getting lost in labyrinthine dwarf town) and Solasta. Stalled at the undead place with previous party, rolled caster-heavy new one and they're breezing through those low levels where the more traditional party was lumbering, though I imagine a party of druid, warlock, wizard and bard will have some problems in that undead castle. Speaking of undeads, googled that **** vampire fight, did her in, dinged level 6, took a look at my paladin and what the ever-living holy f†ck was I thinking, accepting those abysmal stats?! 🙀 Wasn't reroll available back then or did I just not try? V. much itching to restart from scratch, but level 6 is something like mid-campaign, so...sigh. Thing is, paladin's so good even with rubbish stats, I imagine what a powerhouse they must be with good ones. ..decisions, decisions...😟

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Played a bit of BG3 EA, and wow, the UI is way more cumbersome than Solasta. Hope it changes by release.

I think, it was quite similar in D:OS2. Also Solasta had less random junk items everywhere and generally better visibility (from fonts to GUI in general to environments). Though, the inventory systems are rather uncomfortable in both (few tabs and limited sorting).

• Thanks 1

Not much chance of it getting updated then. 😕

A few other annoying things: I have to click to use Jump instead of the game telling it's going to use it by itself. And even non-targeted abilities like Rage or Dash you need an extra click to make them happen. And Dash has an animation, why the hell.

My favorite weird thing: I spent the first two rounds of the first combat encounter wondering why my attacks weren't hitting, only to find out I was targeting the floor instead of the enemy. Apparently even basic weapon attacks can target the floor, for whatever reason.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Depends when you played. The UI got major overhaul couple months ago (Here is my old feedback on it. Not shilling here, just the first thing that came to my mind to showcase it). In early days it was just a hotbar, which was a royal mess. Now we have proper drop down menus, but the game can be cumbersome. 

Unlike Solasta, I don’t think BG3 UI helps in understanding games mechanics, which I think could be a big problem for new players. And yes, a lot of things tend to take too many clicks to do - both in hotbar and party management. It is much more playable now than it was on launch - having to spend a minute or two managing a hotbar for every character has been a real pain. Now you can mostly play from the get go, and customise hotbar as you play. 

• Thanks 1

Cleared all the missions in DMC5 and man do I suck... I remember being better in the previous games. But muscle memory is a thing and the GoW control got stuck in my head... I'll probably play around more, do the son of sparda difficulty, maybe do the arena, try Vergil. Still hate the camera in this game.

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I redid the island fort assault and this time did much better; no wounds and hardly any damage. I've got one more thing to do on the island before I return to Ernie and hand in all my quests, save Herman. I've got intel on the area which should help me avoid unnecessary detonations. I wish I could do it tonight, but I have to get up early tomorrow morning.

Side-note: Vicki's passive ability that automagically repairs all weapons and armor she has equipped is incredibly useful. While it is tedious constantly swapping weapons and armor with her to keep all my team's gear looking nice and shiny, it's worth it to not have to stop and waste precious time (time quite literally equals money in this game as mercs don't work for free) repairing stuff.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

15 hours ago, MrBrown said:

A few other annoying things: I have to click to use Jump instead of the game telling it's going to use it by itself. And even non-targeted abilities like Rage or Dash you need an extra click to make them happen. And Dash has an animation, why the hell.

My favorite weird thing: I spent the first two rounds of the first combat encounter wondering why my attacks weren't hitting, only to find out I was targeting the floor instead of the enemy. Apparently even basic weapon attacks can target the floor, for whatever reason.

You also need to click again before wild shaping. Why???

sign.jpg

9 hours ago, Sarex said:

Cleared all the missions in DMC5 and man do I suck...

I am coming back regularly and trying to S rank it. Managed the lowest difficulty but got stuck on higher ones. There are two missions that I find frustratingly difficult to S - the biggest offender being the one where you fight V’s summons over and over again. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I am coming back regularly and trying to S rank it. Managed the lowest difficulty but got stuck on higher ones. There are two missions that I find frustratingly difficult to S - the biggest offender being the one where you fight V’s summons over and over again. 

I think the standing boss is going to be difficult. Also yes, that mission is very long I think.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP