What are you Playing Now? It's not how you play the game, it's how you place the blame

Tried D4 druid and necro. Necro is awesome, druid is very meh. I think they need to sort out those basic resource generating skills. if its at least a bit aoe they are ok, but considering its main thing you are going to use again and again they should make them at least interesting as necro ones and be aoe. Single targeted ones are useless

also there is ton of lag, it was fine over the weekend but today its basically unplayable. I lag so hard i can't even click on mobs not to mention walk into dungeon

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

55 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

also there is ton of lag

That is one reason I don't feel like dealing with always online gaming, when said game can still be solo'ed/single-player-ed. Even when it becomes more stable, from work or less people playing, I've had enough latency/lag spike deaths and disconnects, thanks. Or those times when servers are down and you cannot play your ... SP/solo game. Just make it a MT MMO and stop pretending/have done with it, Blizz. 😛 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Come on, 7 Days to Die, could we get Alpha 21 please. At this point I don't even truly expect them to ever Final Release the darn game - maybe they will, maybe they won't - but it's been 16-ish months since A20....I'm starting to wonder if it'll be next Xmas.

...I haven't refunded RE4:RM yet. There's this part of me that for reasons unknown (since this is isn't usually my genre) wants to continue playing it, even if I have to cheat to save my sanity. I can't decide. 😆

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

7 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Come on, 7 Days to Die, could we get Alpha 21 please. At this point I don't even truly expect them to ever Final Release the darn game - maybe they will, maybe they won't - but it's been 16-ish months since A20....I'm starting to wonder if it'll be next Xmas.

The devs have to pointlessly completely overhaul a couple more systems before they decide to release Alpha 21, destroying even more people's playstyles.  There's a very slim possibility you won't have to spend all your time looting still, and the devs just can't have that.

Yes, I am slightly bitter. :)

21 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I can count on one hand the number of times an "always on" connection has negatively affected me. Wild that you guys are crashing and burning every step.

I have been gaming for 20 years and  historically  we dont have the fast internet access you guys have and I also can only recall 3-4 times where " always on " has negatively impacted my gaming experience?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

SIFU

So far so good. Stylish as heck, and combat seems promising. It seems far more conventional than Absolver, in which attack chain customisation and stance switching made my brain melt. SIFU at least so far, is more standard light/hard block/parry/dodge thing, mixed with DMC style special attacks and combos, sekiro style posture and brawler style pickabale weapons. Just an hour in, so the game allows me to spam my way through most enemies.

Cool stuff.

• Like 1

Apparently, Last of Us PC Remake is making people wait 40-300 minutes for the 1st "shader compile" to finish (beefier gpu/cpu/ram=less time seemingly).  5 minutes would be fine, maybe 10 at most, but that's just silly.

What tf is it with DX12. I so far have not liked the (tech performance) of all DX12 games I've had, especially ones that do the visible shader compile screen at start up. I don't care whose "fault" it may be, it's annoying regardless. Can we smooth this process out please.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wormerine said:

SIFU

So far so good. Stylish as heck, and combat seems promising. It seems far more conventional than Absolver, in which attack chain customisation and stance switching made my brain melt. SIFU at least so far, is more standard light/hard block/parry/dodge thing, mixed with DMC style special attacks and combos, sekiro style posture and brawler style pickabale weapons. Just an hour in, so the game allows me to spam my way through most enemies.

Cool stuff.

would say sifu is best game of that year

if some later patch doesn't make the game crash before final fight

still replay every level once a few week is fun

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I have been gaming for 20 years and  historically  we dont have the fast internet access you guys have and I also can only recall 3-4 times where " always on " has negatively impacted my gaming experience?

I've been kicked out of my own, private, Conan Exiles server on my own, local, network, multiple times because the game couldn't reach the Funcom servers for a split second (my network connection is generally rock solid, which I know because I have a few permanent connections that don't handle interruptions well) [*]

Or when Funcom messes up (twice, so far) and the authentication servers are down and I can't play on my own, local, private server, either, sometimes for days...

I seem to recall it being a problem in other games as well, UT3 while playing the campaign maybe? Or maybe one of the Borderlands games? Not sure anymore.

And of course, good luck trying to play any of those "always online" games while in a hotel or something.

[*] This comment inspired by it happening again yesterday evening. Grmbl.

Edited by marelooke
  • Thanks 3

Speaking of gaming on Windows 7, Valve recently announced that Steam will no longer run on Windows 7 (and 8, but not a single person on the whole wide Earth cares about that) on January 1st of next year.

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

35 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Speaking of gaming on Windows 7, Valve recently announced that Steam will no longer run on Windows 7 (and 8, but not a single person on the whole wide Earth cares about that) on January 1st of next year.

My old Win7 backup rig (eg, almost never on) still has an old Steam client version on it, in order to keep one or two games at an older version vs. what's downloaded/on the main rig. I just unhook the internet cable from the rig before opening Steam so it can't update itself. 🤣

But yeah....I don't really care at this point even for that. I think that rig is soon going to go in the emergency use closet, at best. There are still a few people who refuse to go above Win7 even to this day tho - even as a separate gaming-only machine - you see them around.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I don't care about Steam for anything but being a messenger at this point anyways. Don't much play video games anymore in the first place, but when I do, it's usually retro or weird indie stuff, which is typically on GOG instead. Occasionally, I come across something that's only on Steam, but $5-20 a year for a few things on Steam a year really isn't that bad.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Blizzard has always been pretty solid for me. I mean, I think I remember getting stuck in a queue when Cataclysm dropped (holy moly theres 6 mores expansions after that! Sometimes I really want back in. :( ) and maybe a disconnection here or there. I think people object to the principal more than the performance.

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Blizzard has always been pretty solid for me. I mean, I think I remember getting stuck in a queue when Cataclysm dropped (holy moly theres 6 mores expansions after that! Sometimes I really want back in. :( ) and maybe a disconnection here or there. I think people object to the principal more than the performance.

Even ignoring the principal of it...if you live in a big city that where you have a lot of internet and server infrastructure pretty central to you, you might not be particularly bothered by the performance of always-online stuff. For those of us who live a bit farther out, and that's tens of millions of Americans at least and never mind the rest of the world, it can be a little bit of a different story. It's especially infuriating when it's completely unneeded from the perspective of just trying to play the game - it's one thing if it's an MMO and that's just a necessary part of the package, it's another if I'm trying to play a game that is a totally or predominantly singleplayer experience and it's being an unnecessary hassle. If my experience is improved by pirating instead of purchasing the game, you the developer/publisher have made what I would call a very grave error.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Bit of both, really. Doesn't always have to Blizzard's problem for latency issues, I've had many issues with lag spikes that are related to either my home network or problems along the way to Blizzard's servers.  Is just annoying to have those impact a game mode where a connection's not necessary. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Drumroll...

It's looks gorgeous, but just barely managed that. I'm using 600 mb more Vram than I 'have' Or rather than what the game recommends.  It actually matters that I'm on a fresh install of windows. The in game VRam counter says I have 300-400 to spare, Just shy of the 8.2 total available. That was the difference between medium and textures and low. GPU usage chugging away at 99%.

Framerate is in the 60-70s, which is good, because dropdowns will be expected in more busy areas.

I just barely reached the good experience with this PC port on an RTX 3070ti, with nothing to spare. DLSS made it possible 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Conan Exiles - This sorcerer stuff is fantastic. I think I get a golem eventually. I had to restart, but that's no issue, since I love the early game. The new journey stuff is different, but it makes for a good change of pace. They also redid the intro a bit. 

The crafting hammer makes construction much easier too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gorgon said:

I'm using 600 mb more Vram than I 'have'

People thought for pc gaming it was going to be "16 system ram isn't enough anymore, better get 32"
But the real issue will end up being "Anything less than 16 Vram is a toaster/barely minimum 720p req." 

And 24+ vram is only going to be on the top tier gpu's. Or maybe they'll start selling separated add-on VRAM modules, or something. 😛

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Gasp! 1

11 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Conan Exiles - This sorcerer stuff is fantastic. I think I get a golem eventually. I had to restart, but that's no issue, since I love the early game. The new journey stuff is different, but it makes for a good change of pace. They also redid the intro a bit. 

The crafting hammer makes construction much easier too. 

Sorcery is kinda neat, though I can't say I use any of the sorcery spells much. The teleporter is great though for serial base builders (guilty as charged). Corrupted health traits are also pretty neat (immunity to status effects baby!). The stamina loss when corrupted is kind of a severe drawback though. Still not entirely convinced the corrupted traits are really worth giving up half your stamina for.

Journey is nice. The idea is good, the implementation is... Funcom, I guess.

For example:

• it doesn't update when you do things out of order, or when you're not on that specific journey (eg. going to Sepermeru and
    Spoiler

meeting Conan

are in two different Journeys, even though they're in the same place and are most likely done at the same time). Might not be a big deal in general for new players, more of a nuisance for old hats, possibly.
  • the very first journey steps only work when you do what they expect at the point they expect you to do it (eg. if it says you gotta craft a mace/club, it has to be a stone one or it won't register)

Haven't done all of them yet so I don't know if there's still journeys for all the lore stones, I'd be a bit sad if there weren't though. If there are, and there'd be more direction to finding all of them, I'd be all for it though since I never managed without outside help, even after playing the game for all these years now...

I noticed the intro area changed when I went to try and do the journey steps. Guess I have an excuse to add yet another character to my save... ;)

As for the crafting hammer, I like it for general building, I don't like it as much for more specific items (like decorations and crafting stations), because those often require very specific/rare components and having to lug those around is often more annoying than just churning them out at a bench and then placing them (imho). Then again, since building no longer gives xp ( :( ) might as well enter creative mode and not bother with all the material gathering, I suppose ;)

One thing I'm noticing, since I'm on a fairly fresh character now, is that Isle of Siptah, after the massive nerfs to it, is now significantly easier than Exiled Lands. Bit of a shame that, in my opinion. It's also getting kinda ignored in some of the new events (eg. current battlepass-related event cannot be done on Siptah). Sure, makes sense lore-wise, but still ...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

People thought for pc gaming it was going to be "16 system ram isn't enough anymore, better get 32"
But the real issue will end up being "Anything less than 16 Vram is a toaster/barely minimum 720p req." 

And 24+ vram is only going to be on the top tier gpu's. Or maybe they'll start selling separated add-on VRAM modules, or something. 😛

Yup, it's definitely deliberate ****ery. a 10 or 12 gb version of the rtx 3070 would have been too useful for too long.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.