What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

I wonder what ever became of @melkathi? Hasnt been online since July.

I am seeing him online from time to time on GOG galaxy

maybe we can summon him if someone want to start playing mechwarrior with us

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

This weekend I completed the Tour de Cure.  I was able to reach the Championship fundraising level with the rest of my team, and we raised $31,373 total for the year. Our group was the biggest non-corporate fundraisers at the event. It was a perfect day for a long ride and I managed to complete the 100-mile route at an average speed of 18.9 mph. I hung with my team until mile 66, and then the group started to split and I ended up in the 2nd group with a partner. We rolled together for the rest of the time. I felt really good about my nutrition, which is always the tricky part of these 5+ hour rides. Special shoutout to my mysterious benefactor from these forums. :)

image.thumb.jpeg.8f084429c1d940842df1d90373addb9d.jpeg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I am seeing him online from time to time on GOG galaxy

maybe we can summon him if someone want to start playing mechwarrior with us

The last time I heard from him he got angry because we were talking about SJW  influence in the gaming thread, I would be surprised if he left because of that minor debate?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I discovered this inside a fortune cookie:

gqfBMZx.jpeg

Fortune cookies now have advertising inside them...

raw

The meteor can't come soon enough.

• Haha 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Had a few emotional hits, upon which in traditional fashion, I ignored and descended into book reading and craft related matters.

Further progress on printing out those Mando designs:

oCDUrdl.jpg

Going to test out using a mix of carpentry cabinet scrapers instead of just purely sanding to clean and reduce those print lines.

• Like 5

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Back home at last and back to work, at least flight home was fun.  Hearing United preboard veterans with a call for applause was something.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm assembling my WW3 Apocalypse Preparedness Kit:

1WBlrGo.jpeg

With the essentials (mostly, I'm still waiting for the optic for the rifle) taken care of, I suppose I should stockpile some luxuries such as food and medicine.:shifty:

The apocalypse thing is a joke btw...

I hope.

ATF van pulling up outside my door in 5... 4... 3... 😓

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

Is the rifle a new toy?

Aside, when I hover my cursor over the picture, a "visual search" icon appears on the top right corner. Clicking it correctly identifies both of the weapons! Crazy world we live in.

I wouldn't call it a toy, but it will definitely be fun to shoot. I gotta break the barrel in first. That's not 100% necessary, but I'd like the rifle to be as accurate as possible. 

As an aside, what did the "visual search" identify the rifle as? Was it incorrectly identified as an AR-15 or correctly identified as an AR-10?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

22 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Incorrectly identified as an AR-15. :lol:

How do you break in a barrel, just shoot it?

Not a surprise they look almost identical, the size of the mag is the giveaway. The AR-10 was the original AR that Eugene Stoner designed at Armalite (fun fact: AR stands for Armalite Rifle), a 7.62 NATO battle rifle. Shortly after the US military said "actually, we'd rather have an assault rifle in 5.56 NATO" so he made the AR-15, essentially a scaled-down AR-10.

The way I was taught you shoot 1 round then thoroughly clean out the barrel with bore cleaner and a brush. Repeat for the first 10 rounds. For the next 10 shoot 2 rounds and clean, repeat. That should do it. If you're not seeing any copper on the brush you're all set, if there is still a bit of copper then keep cleaning like the second set of 10 until no copper shows up on the brush.

Edit: Size comparison of .308 Winchester/7.62 NATO and .223 Remington/5.56 NATO

308-vs.-223-ammo.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

Whoa, look at that difference in weight!

Yeah, 5.56 NATO is a much softer shooting round and thus easier to control in full auto, or so I've been told. Plus it's lower pressure so the AR-15 is able to be made lighter since the parts don't have to be so beefy. Ammo is lighter to carry too. On the flip side, 7.62 NATO hits like a truck. There's a reason .308 Winchester (same dimensions as 7.62 NATO but slightly more powerful/higher pressure) is the most popular hunting round in the world.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

When you're randomly rewatching clips of Soylent Green (I've only seen it in full once) and suddenly realize the older woman (head librarian? elder of some sort?) is T'Pau from ST:OS "Amok Time."

I can't recall if I noticed this the first time I saw the movie. If I did, I totally forgot, and got to experience the sensation of "whoah, that's ---" again. The side benefit of an aging/poor memory? If only that worked for something wholesale, like ... a game. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 10/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, Gorgon said:

I had to get my picture taken for work. God I hate that exercise. Look professional and write a little bio - blurb CV thing.

could do a baron munchausen thing and see if anybody catches on.

"people ask me why i work at __________, but i believe the answer is obvious: i love a challenge. my doctoral thesis was just sold to a major hollywood studio and the finishing time for my 67th marathon was within 30 seconds of the world record, but working for _________ is what gets me out of bed in the morning.  after climbing everest for the third time..."

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Checking in on my friends living further south. Australia is feeling the effects of an unprecedented third La Nina season in a row. It probably also affects the weather in the rest of the world, but here it's noticeable by lots of downpour. Luckily my friends are Ok so far, even if some of them have to fend off water at their front doors (literally)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-63238065

Australia floods: Three states issue evacuation orders after heavy rain

Parts of the country have received up to four times their average October rainfall in just 24 hours.

At least 500 homes have been flooded, one person has died and another is missing as the disaster unfolds.

Widespread flooding across Australia - driven by a La Niña weather pattern - has killed more than 20 people this year.

Flood waters are about to reach 12 meters in some places, threatening another 7000 homes... 🌧️

• Sad 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 10/14/2022 at 6:20 PM, Gorgon said:

I look like a complete deviant bug eyed slug every time a camera is pointed my way. 

....this is not normal ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 hours ago, Malcador said:

....this is not normal ?

Nope, but it is what peak performance looks like

Site was down for a few minutes and I didn't know what to do. I may have started my own religion...

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

6 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I may have started my own religion...

I was on board with my dream where you looked like Avery Brooks and were a meth dealer, but sect leader is a little too far. I'm out. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.