Ukraine Conflict - Drei Kameraden

BruceVC

30 minutes ago, Sarex said:

When did that happen?

Over a week ago.
The story goes that some recon elements crossed the border and quickly turned back when the main body of troops refused to obey the attack order.
Belarussians have been sitting on the attack positions ever since.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sarex said:

That was my point. Why would they need to lure Belarus? They can just tell them to attack.

Sarex is right, Belarus would attack if Putin asked and how does Russia attacking them going to change their mind ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

On Reddit it's just people masturbating to dead Russians and saying stuff like war crimes are cool against Russia.  Well that and people still believing one A-10 could win the war and that giving weapons systems is like an RTS.  The stupidity is probably better than the Codex's outright racism, every couple posts in the thread on the war has someone dropping a racial slur.

That whole discussion of A-10s for Ukraine was so completely asinine anyway. A-10s would get thoroughly chewed up by Russian SAMs. People glorifying the A-10's performance against the Taliban and ISIS don't have a clue what the A-10 would be up against in a high-tech battlespace.

11 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Sarex is right, Belarus would attack if Putin asked and how does Russia attacking them going to change their mind ?

Because they are told that Ukraine attacked them, it is not like they are getting any real information what happened

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elerond said:

Because they are told that Ukraine attacked them, it is not like they are getting any real information what happened

Okay I see what you talking about, its  another Russian false flag strategy

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

28 minutes ago, Totally not Gorgon said:

To the question on everyones minds.

What does Ja Rule think about this crisis ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A stray "drone" from Ukraine "landed" in Croatia... It spent an hour in the air over NATO countries and it wasn't detected...

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Can't wait for the truth about the biolabs to be revealed.

It's almost like it wasn't known already corona was planted on purpose in Wuhan to make China look bad.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Haha 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

18 minutes ago, Sarex said:

A stray "drone" from Ukraine "landed" in Croatia... It spent an hour in the air over NATO countries and it wasn't detected...

Hungarian DoD announced, that the drone was tailed by their air force. But they did not shoot at it.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Let's be honest, 17 years disposing of biological weapons/ upgrading labs is just ridiculous as a statement. How long did it take to get rid of Syria's? About a year. It's a stupid justification. They're not making biological weapons there, but the US explanation is patently stupid- especially after so much effort had been made trying to make the Wuhan Institute of Virology Lab look suspicious.

Just say that you have to pay them or some of them would bugger off to North Korea with their expertise. Very likely to be the real reason

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://time.com/syria-white-helmets/

The White Helmets are going to be  advising the Ukrainians on a humanitarian level  on how to best deal with the typical Russian military campaign of " bomb and target civilian areas " 

They went through this in Syria where the Russian air force bombed the city of Aleppo to the ground. The link I posted discusses some of what the White Helmets went through in Syria 

The White Helmets are the biggest example of western credulity in existence. They're not even Syrian, they were founded by a MI6 agent- and existed so that militants could be funded by western governments.

The particularly amusing thing was how many White Helmets got evacuated by Israel when the southern front collapsed. Couldn't even trust Jordan to evacuate them.

7 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

If you have anything more accurate, feel free to link it.

There isn't anything accurate.

The problem with liveuamap isn't accuracy per se it's... well, the old adage about how Goebbels' glorious german victories kept getting closer to Berlin comes to mind. You've never seen a more winning war with more territory lost and if you went by them Ukraine has barely lost a soldier or any equipment while HoonDing's estimate of Russian losses is conservative. Their problem is that they want to show glorious victories in, say, Brovary, and only acknowledge the Russians get there when they can show those glorious victories.

The problem with wikipedia map is that they require 'credible sources' for everything- and that means that you have Russian held areas that look completely isolated because no one 'credible' has said that the places behind them have been taken. You also require credible sources to do corrections. That results in mysterious teleporting armies and towns being disputed for weeks that almost certainly aren't; Russian forces are in Brovary on Kiev's outskirts but on that map they hold nothing behind it for ~100km and the closest town they hold on the east side of the Dniepr is ~80km away, and also ~100km away from any other Russian held areas. Takes credible sources to a risible extreme.

The British MoD/ Intelligence map is always ~2 days behind, and that's ~2 days behind most pro Ukraine maps. Knowing the Brits it likely takes a day to prepare each time.

The best map overall is probably the ISW one that the BBC (and Al Jazeera was) uses.

The best Russian map/ detailed map is Dragon's one. He was pretty credible in the 2014 part of the war, but obviously Russian aligned maps clash significantly with Ukraine aligned ones. I also like the style a lot more than the others. Also helps if you know the cyrillic alphabet.

tde03q1nhfm81.png

RT has been completely nuked from Youtube.  Can't have people consuming to wrong information now, can we? ;)

All you "Give me liberty give me death!1" people should be outraged.  Even though YT is a private company, free speech isn't in the agenda of large corporations and are fully in compliance with government agencies.  RT is just less hypocritical and doesn't hide the fact that it's government news.

Wake me up when they purge the neckbeards from it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, ComradeYellow said:

RT has been completely nuked from Youtube.  Can't have people consuming to wrong information now, can we? ;)

All you "Give me liberty give me death!1" people should be outraged.  Even though YT is a private company, free speech isn't in the agenda of large corporations and are fully in compliance with government agencies.  RT is just less hypocritical and doesn't hide the fact that it's government news.

Free speech is about government preventing people expressing their opinions, which includes not publishing messages from the government. So in this case freedom of speech is on side of YT and against RT, which is government owned media and government that owns it prevents people expressing their opinions in multitude of ways. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Nr.11 down, Allegedly. ZSU managed to eliminate Major General Andriy Kolesnikov, commander of the Eastern Military District.

11th commander and 3rd general in 15 days.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elerond said:

Free speech is about government preventing people expressing their opinions, which includes not publishing messages from the government. So in this case freedom of speech is on side of YT and against RT, which is government owned media and government that owns it prevents people expressing their opinions in multitude of ways. 

Nice mental gymnastics, RT had a large following outside of Russia and censorship of peoples preferred information goes against all this liberty and freedom crap people claim to love so much.  Would be the same as censoring PBS which is official US government propaganda crap.

But hey, Let the world around us, just fall apart, baby we can make it if we're heart to heart.

Edited by ComradeYellow

A war in Ukraine seems like an overly elaborate way to clean house in the upper ranks of the military. I guess firing them is too confrontational though maybe Putin is trying to spare their feelings by just getting them killed.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

9 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

A war in Ukraine seems like an overly elaborate way to clean house in the upper ranks of the military. I guess firing them is too confrontational though maybe Putin is trying to spare their feelings by just getting them killed.

That would be killing a cow for a pound of meat. They are dying because the Russian generals want to be on the front line and in the heart of the action, same thing happened in Syria, so the risk of death for them is basically the same as for any other solider. Although for certain this will teach the Russians some hard lessons, as they are making many mistakes it seems. Although a war like this hasn't been fought since WW2, so comparatively I don't know if any other country would do better.

• Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

Nice mental gymnastics, RT had a large following outside of Russia and censorship of peoples preferred information goes against all this liberty and freedom crap people claim to love so much.  Would be the same as censoring PBS which is official US government propaganda crap.

lolwut

US government official propaganda arms --> VoA and RFE/RL. PBS is if anything less official propaganda than ABC/NBC/CBS at the moment, though that's just relative.

BREAKING: Ukrainian troops have killed Russian Maj. Gen. Andriy Kolesnikov, commander of the Eastern Military District: Ukraine military statement.

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a Major General isn't "commander of the Eastern Military District". That would be like a US Brigadier General heading centcom.

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Still waiting for the announcement of the heroic death of Navalny at the front... after his parachute failed to unfold during his airborne "assault" on Kiev

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

But hey, Let the world around us, just fall apart, baby we can make it if we're heart to heart.

Comrade its in the best interest of everyone that RT stays banned, it was easily one of the worst examples of government propaganda and spin  I have ever seen

It doesnt matter if it had a large following especially if that following were believing the garbage being broadcast, thats exactly part of my point. We dont want people believing things that arent true and being influenced by it 

I can give you an example of how dangerous this type of propaganda is, when the invasion started you use to believe that Ukraine was a Nazi country and it was justified. Ask yourself " why did I use to think that " ?

Im sure it was from sources like RT who repeat this type of fake news endlessly 

John Milton 

18 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Comrade its in the best interest of everyone that RT stays banned, it was easily one of the worst examples of government propaganda and spin  I have ever seen

It doesnt matter if it had a large following especially if that following were believing the garbage being broadcast, thats exactly part of my point. We dont want people believing things that arent true and being influenced by it 

I can give you an example of how dangerous this type of propaganda is, when the invasion started you use to believe that Ukraine was a Nazi country and it was justified. Ask yourself " why did I use to think that " ?

Im sure it was from sources like RT who repeat this type of fake news endlessly 

…and that’s how it begins. Someone deciding what it’s best for others to see and not to see. Mentioning book burnings would be a cheap shot, but the thought did cross my mind.

edit: YouTube is a private company and as such has a lot of say over what goes on their platform and what not. Now if a government order them to selectively remove content, you have some real issues with censorship 

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein