Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

• 2 months later...

Probably will reset all the stats and stuff on your first load. At least that's what i would do since literally everything is different now.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been operating on the assumption that I'll be making a new V to play Phantom Liberty the whole time. Hopefully it's still possible to continue with an existing V for people that want to do that, but I'm wiping the slate clean.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 8/23/2023 at 5:05 PM, Lexx said:

Probably will reset all the stats and stuff on your first load. At least that's what i would do since literally everything is different now.

crafting spec changed so much over many patch

not sure how the whole crafting system will even work when dlc come out

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

does level cap raised to 60

Devs have said that if you have <<Phantom Liberty>> installed it raises the level cap to 60, and if you raise your ability points past a certain point on the build planner you'll get a tooltip that says you won't be able to actually get them to that level unless you have the expansion.

From pre-release footage of 2.0 and a cursory look at the build planner I was initially excited that CDPR might have done away with the TES-style "raise skill levels as you use them" system, though another observer informed me that it has sadly been retained, albeit in a little more broad form (i.e. condensed into archetypes of play such as "Shinobi," "Netrunner," "Solo," etc).

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

38 minutes ago, Raithe said:

I find it hard to believe that the expansion would change the engine all that much? Like, if it's already fine right now, I kinda doubt it will be all that different.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

^ I've seen others (in comments) discussing re: ghosting. Seems a little dependent on settings, where some might work better for some or the opposite for whatever reasons - frame generation on/off (if you can do that), that ray reconstruction on/off etc.

I was considering reinstalling the game and finally trying it again, with years of updates, but the graphic stuff means little to me since I still have a 20xx. But I'll probably get curious if it all means better or worse performance on the (now) middling side.

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Must be a hardware issue, since I don't have any ghosting in my game. It's honestly impressive to me how it manages to boost the fps so much with almost no visible impact. Only in rain did I notice weird artifacts.

When I tried to Play, the launcher was a tiny black square, and would crash/not launch. Pondering this, I remembered another game has a similar issue recently and the solution was ... to click on the game's .exe Properties/Compatibility, and make sure the "Run as Admin" box is not checked.   For whatever reasons some games/coding sometimes don't like that now.

Anyway ... the 2080ti/9900k 4k performance wasn't far from what I expected/not that different. eg, at Native, 50-60 if no RT, falling to 30-40 if I turned the RT-water reflections on (not the sun and other one). If I used DLSS-Quality, bump the range up by another 8-10 or so. And it all certainly has a bit more visual polish, imo. Not mega-improved, but it's noticeable.

I do think the base DLSS 3.5 (no frame gen etc. for me) looks a lot better than 2+ it had on release, cleaner, at least on-screen (screenshots still have that softer look, ofc). Those RT reflections are even prettier then before. I didn't notice any major artifacting but one, I don't have the extra RTX settings and two, I didn't run around that long.

Note: the game, for me, installed the base nvngx_dlss.dll as version 3.1.1. So I manually replaced it with the 3.5 one. The dlssd.dll and dlssdg.dll's are the ones that are 3.5 on install, which I don't need since I can't use that tech.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

When I tried to Play, the launcher was a tiny black square, and would crash/not launch. Pondering this, I remembered another game has a similar issue recently and the solution was ... to click on the game's .exe Properties/Compatibility, and make sure the "Run as Admin" box is not checked.   For whatever reasons some games/coding sometimes don't like that now.

Anyway ... the 2080ti/9900k 4k performance wasn't far from what I expected/not that different. eg, at Native, 50-60 if no RT, falling to 30-40 if I turned the RT-water reflections on (not the sun and other one). If I used DLSS-Quality, bump the range up by another 8-10 or so. And it all certainly has a bit more visual polish, imo. Not mega-improved, but it's noticeable.

I do think the base DLSS 3.5 (no frame gen etc. for me) looks a lot better than 2+ it had on release, cleaner, at least on-screen (screenshots still have that softer look, ofc). Those RT reflections are even prettier then before. I didn't notice any major artifacting but one, I don't have the extra RTX settings and two, I didn't run around that long.

Note: the game, for me, installed the base nvngx_dlss.dll as version 3.1.1. So I manually replaced it with the 3.5 one. The dlssd.dll and dlssdg.dll's are the ones that are 3.5 on install, which I don't need since I can't use that tech.

are ssd necessary

really couldn't afford big one when making current pc

It's 2023, SSD is always necessary.

Hell, even my backup server only runs on SSD now. Not buying anything else anymore.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

are ssd necessary

Since I don't have it installed on an HDD, I can't really say. I think I noticed save loading times felt a tad longer even on my SSD, then before, but that could be faulty memory. I've seen Steam-forum posts saying it runs just fine on their HDD's, just the load times got even longer.

EDIT: That's for the base game tho. The new DLC might be different.

Edited by LadyCrimson

1 hour ago, uuuhhii said:

not sure how much 6 tb ssd cost now

couldn't afford it 2 years ago

You could just get a 2TB  to put the O/S and a few or several certain games on and still use HDD for less demanding games and anything else you want. 2TB Samsung EVO sata's these days are $130, US$, like this one. https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Inch-Internal-MZ-77E2T0B-AM/dp/B08QB93S6R

Which would be perfectly fine for gaming. Obviously prices are going to vary a bit depending on exact model/brands but overall it's pretty cheap these days. But that's what I still have/do - 1tb nvme for o/s programs, 2tb sata for games, and two 4tb HDD for storage and other.

Edited by LadyCrimson