Which game are you looking forward to?

Dr DC Fate

The tech guy who fixed my computer asked me if I was a gamer. That really got me thinking... am I still a gamer if I find most games that come out aren't worth playing? 😛

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

@BruceVC I was thinking of you yesterday by the way. Tech guy told me: "your graphics card was leaning left" And my first thoughts were "Of course it does, it is my card after all." and "Bruce will have a field day teasing me about this."

• Haha 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

nah just shut up and fix it already so we can smash some mechs

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The tech guy turned out to be from Thessaloniki, where I grew up. My grandparents' neighbourhood. And naturally a PAOK fan.

My parents' house is a 2 minute walk from the stadium. When I got my apartment in Athens I didn't realize I moved across the street from the local clubhouse.

We are family in athenian exile, joined by our mutual distaste for local food.

He ordered the parts and got them delivered in a couple of hours and the whole thing got fixed in around 5 hours.

Fastest service ever.

And all it took was agreeing that people in Athens have no appreciation for crushed red pepper...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, melkathi said:

@BruceVC I was thinking of you yesterday by the way. Tech guy told me: "your graphics card was leaning left" And my first thoughts were "Of course it does, it is my card after all." and "Bruce will have a field day teasing me about this."

That made me laugh. I believe that you can have different political views and vote for different parties but that doesnt mean you cant be friends with people like this. Because it all depends on what matters in any friendship and why would political differences mean you cant other things in common? 

I have friends on the left and right but we have things in common like a love of gaming and good Greek food :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

You cant be serious? I am not use to you being so morbid and cynical. ELEX 2 is going to be epic and its highly anticipated by all lovers of the PB style of RPG 

But you forgetting BG3, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Final Fantasy Origin, Company of Heroes 3 and Warhammer 40,000: Darktide to name  a few plus DA4 

And I am sure their will be loads of JRPG that are coming?

Dragon Age has yet another creative lead. I doubt it will be complete before 2024.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Dragon Age has yet another creative lead. I doubt it will be complete before 2024.

I noticed that but lets be honest? For those of us who enjoy DA games I didnt even think there would be a DA4 ....so I have no expectation for the final release ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

The tech guy who fixed my computer asked me if I was a gamer. That really got me thinking... am I still a gamer if I find most games that come out aren't worth playing? 😛

That means, that you are indeed still a gamer, because you still know, how good game looks and plays ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

3 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

da was rushed twice before

probably will be rushed again

developer can only make decent game in dlc

Hopefully its quality and enjoyment wont be rushed, the DA franchise is a big  part of the Bioware future  so I hope they deliver for all of us :thumbsup:

John Milton 

On 1/9/2022 at 4:37 AM, melkathi said:

am I still a gamer if I find most games that come out aren't worth playing? 😛

A jaded gamer is still a gamer 😝

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 1/8/2022 at 1:37 PM, melkathi said:

Sure you are, just drape yourself in the cloak of elitism.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

God of War for PC is available, I know this is something all of us can get excited about :dancing:

John Milton 

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

God of War for PC is available, I know this is something all of us can get excited about :dancing:

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 minute ago, Chilloutman said:

for some reason Bruce reminded me about uspeakable one :)

6 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I am excited for it to be 50% off. 

I have to  concur, nothing excites me as much as discounts on games I like :thumbsup:

John Milton 

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

for some reason Bruce reminded me about uspeakable one :)

I have  never watched Red Dwarf before, I must sometime because I enjoy British comedy like Fawlty Towers and Monty Python 

John Milton 

On 1/8/2022 at 12:37 PM, melkathi said:

I definitely have not considered myself a gamer for at least a handful of years now. But it's not anything against the games I do play or really the gaming industry* at large by any means (I still find and play ones I like!), but it used to be one of my primary hobbies - now it's secondary or even tertiary, something I only do when something strikes my fancy. So it doesn't really feel right to label myself as one anymore. That probably won't ever change, it's just something that's passed me by in most ways, and I think that's okay.

*Well, actually, I really think AAA gaming is pretty broken outside of Nintendo and some occasional exceptions outside of them, but I'm pretty okay with that. Endlessly chasing the dollar at the behest of the brightest and best MBAs whose endless ingenuity seems to have convinced everyone who's anyone to mimic the snake eating its own tail. So die a pathetic death, o' corpulent and corporate AAA gaming industry - the same fate as the games you make.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

11 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I have  never watched Red Dwarf before, I must sometime because I enjoy British comedy like Fawlty Towers and Monty Python 

I'm rewatching it now, it takes a couple of seasons to really find its footing.

OBTopic: Triangle Strategy, although I have a feeling I'm going to get it, enjoy it for a few hours and never play it again...

• Thanks 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

52 minutes ago, Amentep said:

OBTopic: Triangle Strategy, although I have a feeling I'm going to get it, enjoy it for a few hours and never play it again...

There's a free demo, in case you haven't tried it already. To nobody's surprise, it's very much Final Fantasy Tactics.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

21 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

There's a free demo, in case you haven't tried it already. To nobody's surprise, it's very much Final Fantasy Tactics.

Yeah I tried the demo, responded to the survey. I think I'll enjoy it.  But I have had a terrible track record for completion lately.  

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Only thing from top of my head is not a game per se, but the third expansion (End of Dragons) coming out for Guild Wars 2 at the end of February. Game had already been updated a bit in time preparation with new faces and haircuts in the character generator for all races for the all Asian themed expansion 

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein