What did you do today?

Amentep

On another useless topic of my day, it's almost 3pm, where is my Amazon Fresh order? I'm hungry! I want my salads and munchies!

Also, I'm still in brain-knots over how much I should give for the tip section when I order from them. It's not it's like full dining service but hey the driver uses their own car and saves me physical labor. 5%? 10%? I waffle.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Right now I have a few minutes to play some RDR2. Will probably play it for a good 45 minutes, picking off some of you sub-quests.

This year is almost over and it was a year that made me proud to own PS4.

Ahhh, yes RDR2 standard edition comes with a map but if you get special education, you get a different map - you might get something else to. I just got the normal one (special is not normal).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I got to drive through the Appalachians during a major ice storm today. That was fun.

You need to dashcam and upload ;)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I got to drive through the Appalachians during a major ice storm today. That was fun.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've been thinking about leaving the forum. That SonicMage guy pretty much spams every thread with his negative garbage. I think he's accounting for about 30 percent of all activity lately. I reported him over the gay bashing stuff and it didn't seem to matter, so maybe it's time I take a break. I find myself typing posts and then deleting them because I don't want to engage with the troll, which just seems like a big waste of time. I'm sure I'll lurk around every now and then, take care folks. 

• Like 4

Ignore and tampermonkey script that came up before in another thread talking about Sonic. Unless someone quotes him I don't even see the ignore posts asking if I want to view the post.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105249-random-video-game-news-con-season/?p=2100142

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I wasn't bashing any gays? What makes you say that? I have nothing against gays as I have a few friends that are.

If I'm really that much of a thorn in your side then you could just block me, sorry to hear that though. I actually thought about leaving the forum a couple times but for the people that fund me annoying, that would make things for too easy for them I think. I never thought I was being too negative though lol

I think what bothers people is that I continue when there's really no need but it's strange to me because I have the right to post as everyone else. So people saying "You shouldn't post like this because we dont" or replying/trolling me and acting as if I'm the one trolling for responding in the same manner never made much sense tbh.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I've been thinking about leaving the forum. That SonicMage guy pretty much spams every thread with his negative garbage. I think he's accounting for about 30 percent of all activity lately. I reported him over the gay bashing stuff and it didn't seem to matter, so maybe it's time I take a break. I find myself typing posts and then deleting them because I don't want to engage with the troll, which just seems like a big waste of time. I'm sure I'll lurk around every now and then, take care folks.

Hope to see you around mate. :( Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

"Its not my fault except when it totally is because Im doing it on purpose." :lol:

Im not even sure how posters find their way to our neck of the internet considering the size of the studio and forums. We do get the oddly persistent posters here though. Theres also been instances of posters that hate the PoE series so much that they make ~half a dozen alts just to let us know.

Just blow it off if it bugs you. Hell there was a poster here I actually hated because he was so insulting. I didn't block him or leave the forum. I just stopped engaging him. There is still plenty of interesting discussion to be had. Besides, the WoT board accounts for what? 10 minutes of your day? I look at it about 3-5 times a day unless I'm really talking to someone. We lost Wals because he was tired of Oby, other trolls have run off other posters. Don't let it bug you. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Its not my fault except when it totally is because Im doing it on purpose." :lol:

Tbh, maybe I should stay away from the Way Off Topic and Computer and Console sections. I've learned that no matter what I say, feels like most people will disagree with me on them, while people agree with me on the Pillars/Deadfire dedicated sections which I used to be more active so can't help think that the cult of people here are just different minded or expect differently. Maybe I should stick to those sections and let people have their peace, it's only the same 20-25 members anyway so... Edited by SonicMage117

Tbh, maybe I should stay away from the Way Off Topic and Computer and Console sections. I've learned that no matter what I say, feels like most people will disagree with me on them, while people agree with me on the Pillars/Deadfire dedicated sections which I used to be more active so can't help think that the cult of people here are just different minded or expect differently. Maybe I should stick to those sections and let people have their peace, it's only the same 20-25 members anyway so...

I wouldn't want you to leave anymore than Hurlshot. I haven't figured you out yet TBH. There have been times I'll come here and post something just to provoke a discussion. Stir the pot a little. But for the most part what I say here is pretty much what you'd get from me over drinks in a bar somewhere. You have posted some pretty far out statements then argued about them. So I'm curious. Do you really believe everything you are selling or are you stirring the pot? You've posted links and videos that make some indefensible statements and refer to them as some kind of authority on the matter. If you want to be taken seriously that is where you are going wrong. If you are just stirring things up I'd suggest dialing it down a bit. A little bit is fine, too much is too much. Just my $.02

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That is the best way to deal with trolls, incidentally, just write a reply read it over and then delete it :p You get to vent your fury and win the game at the same time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As I said before, we need Thunderthread. 2 posters enter, one poster leaves.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

WOOOT! Got the best news I've had in a long time; Just got approved to start practicing for a truck licence \o/

Atleast I think so, I've got to call the "DMV" and check if it's correct, because I can't fricking believe it.

• Like 5

I'm working on a web design course and wondering why I can't get a couple of buttons to scroll down to different sections. I'm comparing my code with the code in the tutorial video and I'm not seeing anything different. My best guess so far is that there is a mistake elsewhere that is causing problems but I don't think I'm good enough at html or java yet to spot it. Frustraiting.

I'm working on a web design course and wondering why I can't get a couple of buttons to scroll down to different sections. I'm comparing my code with the code in the tutorial video and I'm not seeing anything different. My best guess so far is that there is a mistake elsewhere that is causing problems but I don't think I'm good enough at html or java yet to spot it. Frustraiting.

There are few things that can replace lots of experience. It'll come in time :thumbsup:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My local newspaper is discontinuing home delivery where I live. Ain't that a bummer? Time to enter the 21st century I guess. 

Thomas Sowell

Tried practicing speaking Russian to my friend who was most amused. Sort of getting the hang of basic stuff though

Antagonist and victim all at the same time. Touche!

Regardless, you are welcome to post in any thread you like in accordance with the forum rules. Other posters will engage you, or not, as the schtick runs its course. :shrugz:

Thank you.

I didn't ever want to resort to the style of defensive/pre-defensive posting but even if I don't and I happen to say something of opinion that others don't like, I'm assumed a troll. Ad I mean, it doesn't have anything to do with "the reputation you've built up and now you deal with the consequences" but rather just how members are generally treated when they "step out of line".

For example, I was called a troll earlier for stating my preference if video card manufacturer due to my past experiences ad the fact that I still owned a working 9800 Pro. I can't figure out why a couple members would call that trolling but that wasn't even me using defensive posts so, that has pushed me into expecting this type of reactions as the norm. It's a bad mentality but generally I respect as I am respected.

I asked why I am/was viewed as a troll for the posting and am awaiting an answer because I'm not sure if I was somehow misunderstood or what happened there. It doesn't really bother me but I am just curious for the sake of it :p

Hell, this comment may annoy people, Idk anymore lol

I like this forum alot though, I'm just happy to be here and write my socks off, even if my comments are meaningless.