What did you do today?

Amentep

This time of year the ads on pretty much any media are 100% political ads. So I was watching Super Animoo Fighters on YouTube (don't judge me) while at a truck stop, parked for the night, and an ad comes on and it says (I'm paraphrasing here) "Senator Bill Nelson is a terrific senator and a family man. He's been doing a great job and the Miami Herald declared him the greatest senator that ever served." 10 minutes later. "Senator Bill Nelson is a greedy scumbag. He steals money from you, hates babies, and he once kicked a puppy."

:lol:

You gotta love the polarity in campaign ads. I find it all hilarious.

Called the postal service about my package. Dude couldn't tell me much, but filled a complaint because it's way over time. My biggest fear now is to finally get the box and then it looks all trashed or something, because nobody in the warehouse gave a sheet about it for a full week.

/edit: Wow, tracking says the package now left the hub. That was about 2 hours after I've called. So I guess it's going to arrive tomorrow. I'm tensed.

/edit: LOL nevermind. Status now says "return initiated." I'm seriously getting pissed right now. Called the postal service again and they tell me I have to contact the sender... which is Amazon, and Amazon says I have to contact the postal service. What the **** is wrong with these people?

/edit: Story continues, now it says "The consignment was delivered to the consignee via simplified company delivery from the parcel center."  :D

/edit: Final verdict: Package gets returned AND Amazon is out of stock AND the PS4 Pro with RDR2 now costs over 500€. I'm getting a refund of 322€. **** these people, seriously. I'm so incredibly pissed right now.

/edit: This is me now:

16058235.jpg

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

This time of year the ads on pretty much any media are 100% political ads. So I was watching Super Animoo Fighters on YouTube (don't judge me) while at a truck stop, parked for the night, and an ad comes on and it says (I'm paraphrasing here) "Senator Bill Nelson is a terrific senator and a family man. He's been doing a great job and the Miami Herald declared him the greatest senator that ever served." 10 minutes later. "Senator Bill Nelson is a greedy scumbag. He steals money from you, hates babies, and he once kicked a puppy."

:lol:

You gotta love the polarity in campaign ads. I find it all hilarious.

I like it when the ads play back to back.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I’m in Cedar Key FL today. Definitely one of my favorite places. We drove through the night got here this morning. I took Sunny for a walk on the beach (this is the gulf coast, it ain’t what you think) and watched her play in the water with her favorite toy. Then bought some spiny lobster tails and grouper filets to grill for dinner. Between now and then it’s beer, Classi Rewind on SiriusXM Radio, and watching the sun roll across the sky. Tomorrow we’re going fishing.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

....and that fact made me feel old (can't imagine what it did for you Gfted1)...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Called the postal service about my package. Dude couldn't tell me much, but filled a complaint because it's way over time. My biggest fear now is to finally get the box and then it looks all trashed or something, because nobody in the warehouse gave a sheet about it for a full week.

/edit: Wow, tracking says the package now left the hub. That was about 2 hours after I've called. So I guess it's going to arrive tomorrow. I'm tensed.

/edit: LOL nevermind. Status now says "return initiated." I'm seriously getting pissed right now. Called the postal service again and they tell me I have to contact the sender... which is Amazon, and Amazon says I have to contact the postal service. What the **** is wrong with these people?

/edit: Story continues, now it says "The consignment was delivered to the consignee via simplified company delivery from the parcel center."  :D

/edit: Final verdict: Package gets returned AND Amazon is out of stock AND the PS4 Pro with RDR2 now costs over 500€. I'm getting a refund of 322€. **** these people, seriously. I'm so incredibly pissed right now.

/edit: This is me now:

Sorry to hear that :/

If you'd had lived in the great big male genitalia a bit north I might've been able to help you.

I don't know how the german delivery services work, but here in Sweden we have to deliver a package no matter how damaged it is. It almost reads as if the package has been lost.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Its freaking amazing how fast time passes. I still vividly remember carrying home from the hospital after birth and is now 18!

Time does indeed fly... :o

Sorry to hear that :/

If you'd had lived in the great big male genitalia a bit north I might've been able to help you.

I don't know how the german delivery services work, but here in Sweden we have to deliver a package no matter how damaged it is. It almost reads as if the package has been lost.

This is the first time in my entire life that I had such issues, so I guess all in all it isn't too bad. By now I've already came down a bit and due to this experience, the RDR2 hype has died as well, so maybe in the end it was for the better. I'll keep an eye on the shop for a little longer, maybe the bundle will be available again for the reduced price. If not... tough luck. :shrugz:

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I have a question for anyone handy with a screwdriver. 

So, I have wall high closet with two sets of drawers that come out on tracks. The steel fittings that contain the tracks are mounted to the sides with screws. I overloaded one drawer with books and a whole rack of 5 drawers tore out the screws and collapsed to the floor.

My question. Can you use polyfilla in the holes where the screws used to be and then just screw in the screws in the same place. That would be easiest because they all failed on the left side and the ones on the right are all still attached, so If I had to move them I would have to take everything out first. Is there something else you can use on wood that will actually strengthen what looks to be plain particle board on the side that failed. 

Edit: Whoever built this was lazy. I see holes for 4 screws on the steel bracket thingies with the tracks and there were only 2.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Heh. So I'm monitoring the ps4 pro + RDR2 bundle on Amazon right now and suddenly there's lots of third party sellers offering the bundle for €550+. There are already three new offers since I checked yesterday evening. Wouldn't be surprised if some folks bought it cheap, knowingly how the price would increase once it goes out of stock.

Noticed today on the subway I stuck out with my red coat, everyone else wears dark colours like grey, black, navy blue. Never understood that in winter fashion, especially with all the jaywalkers that get hit this time of year.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

due to this experience, the RDR2 hype has died as well, so maybe in the end it was for the better.

If memory serves right, you hate loud noises. RDR2 makes my Xbone X sound like a jet engine. It won't be any better on the PS4 Pro so maybe wait for a PC release?!

Back in the summer, you fellas were all playing PoE II and I simply couldn't get myself a legal copy of the game on Steam/GOG. It was really annoying at first but eventually, I thought to myself 'hey, maybe this game will make its way to the consoles someday...'

RDR2 on PC someday?! Why not...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Took a 1/2 day fishing charter this morning. Only one other paying customer on the boat. Weekdays is DEFINITELY the time to do stuff. Sunny was a social butterfly and made friends with everyone. I caught a 35" snook drifting with pigfish bait about 20 miles west of Shired Island. We had only been out for 45 minutes when I hooked him. It took about 10 min to bring him in. I was VERY happy! The boat captain recommended a taxidermist but nuts to that. I like fish on my table, not on my wall. I have a fillet ready to grill right now. After that I switched to a deep rig for cobia or jacks. Not a nibble but I didn't care. It was a great day. Now relaxing and drinking cold iced tea and watching the sun set. 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If you have a slim one then you have the most silent version of the PS4. If you have regular launch PS4 like I do, well, maybe I should have went for the PS4 version as well...

Lexx did order a PS4 Pro though, so I win.

Katphood 1 - 0 Hurlshot

Edit: Hmmm...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-playstation-4-pro-cuh-7200-review

Katphood 0 - 1 Hurlshot

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

This evening I went into hubby's den/office and noticed this thing on his desk:

lasertemp-1a.jpg

Being a curious cat I asked what it was for and he replied "laser temp. gauge."

I picked it up, pointed it at the door and noted the door was around 72F.  Hubby said he was using it for 3D printer temp. checking or some such and I went "ahhh."

I continued to point the thing at various items/surfaces. Then I pointed it at hubby's feet, belly, then at mine (I seem to run slightly warmer than hubby). Then one of his PC's cpu and gpu, then at my gpu (both cold and after running a game) then a lightbulb, then ran around the house with it like a grinning fool for maybe 30 minutes. Most fun tool ever.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 7
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Rather surprised at the number of flowers and cards we got from vets, family members and even my sister's coworkers for the loss of our dog.  Helps though.  Sort of laughing that my mom wants to hang a bunch of pictures of him when there are none of us on the wall :lol:

Most all miss sitting outside with him letting him ogle women (and thus making them look at me like I'm a weirdo :p).

• Like 9

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra