What did you do today?

Amentep

Drinking a great Mexican Hot Chocolate beer stout from Fieldwork while my son plays ice hockey. My back is a bit tight from heavy swim sessions the last two weeks, but this beer is helping. Thank goodness for a sports bar overlooking the ice. My wife is stuck at a Nutcracker performance for my daughter, so I clearly pulled the right duty for the night.

• Like 1

Comcast xfinity just added the Amazon Prime Video app to the menu so a few more cups of coffee and Im going to dive into Infinity War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I

EDIT: Aww man, its only for rent or buy. :( I thought movies were free to watch but I guess I have to ask my kid how it works considering Im mooching their account. :lol:

Amazon has Prime content that is free, and then a bunch of stuff you can buy or rent. Most of their free movies seem to be classics (well, sort of classic :p ) from the 80's.

Yeah, but I like some of them classics from the 80s. I liked the 80s. I wish I'd taken advantage of them better than I did. ;wistful smile:

χαίρετε

Amazon Prime started adding lots of old stuff to their sub-channels to charge you more money. Especially some old wild west movies and TV shows... this annoyed the hell out of me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I was sitting on my back porch last night and I finally found the Christmas Comet. 46P/Wirtanen swings through our neighborhood every 11 years or so. It's too dim to see with the naked eye but I found it with a pair of 20 x 80 binoculars. It's between Taurus & The Pleiades cluster around 2200 from anywhere in the northern hemisphere. You folks south of the big E can just suck it!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I saw a meteor shower while driving through Wyoming a few days ago. Does that get me any Christmas Comet points?

Awesome thing to see and an awesome place to see it.  Assuming you were on I-80 somewhere between Rock Springs and Medicine Bow. If you were in town or in the mountains I hope you were watching the road and not the meteors!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I saw a meteor shower while driving through Wyoming a few days ago. Does that get me any Christmas Comet points?

Awesome thing to see and an awesome place to see it. Assuming you were on I-80 somewhere between Rock Springs and Medicine Bow. If you were in town or in the mountains I hope you were watching the road and not the meteors!
Indeed I was on I-80, heading east. I was pulling a load from Sparks NV, near Reno, to McCook IL, just outside Chicago. I saw nearly a dozen shooting stars in the span of about a half hour, mostly in my peripheral vision with just enough time to see them for a second before they finished burning up. I was tempted to pull over somewhere to get a better look, but it was around 4am and very cold outside while my cab was nice and toasty. ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Soon I will engage in the act of eating.

Oh god, please no! Think of the children!

I'm gonna make spinach, potatoes, and some scrambled eggs. It'll be awesome.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I would be horrified, if it wasn't for my very open friend already discussing doing this very thing when I was about 16-17.

I'm more horrified now that I realise that was literally half my lifetime ago... ;_;

Got a christmas gift from my workplace, two movie tickets. Again. I preferred the bowls, mugs and earpieces we recieved my first year. Atleast I get something extra to throw in the poker pot tonight.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My back keeps tightening up after runs, whether they are long, short, and regardless of pace. It doesn't affect me at all while running, but right after it's a pain. I've been working on some stretching and strengthening routines, but no progress yet.

Im sure youre already aware of this, but hydration and electrolyte balance can help prevent some cramping.

Yeah, that always gets me on my swims, because it is early, I haven't had enough water, and I don't hydrate during. But I think the back has more to do my hamstrings and IT band pulling too hard. I was having a bunch of hip pain after running and so I did a bunch of strength exercises targeting that area, but now I think I need to get my back muscles stronger and keep working on flexibility. My hamstrings have always been way too tight.