RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Will the Diablo mobile game have microtransactions and lootboxen?

what do you think if its FTP? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It better. Will make the outrage much sweeter

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I mean, it's a mobile game and we're talking about Activision here. Of course it will have microtransactions and gacha systems. Just to be clear, I'm not necessarily against microtransactions and gacha, so long as the game is f2p and the paywall is not too egregious. Now, if the game already has you pay a price up front, especially anything even approaching $60 AND they put f2p monetization schemes in on top of that? That's ****ed up.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That makes more sense then as I hear EA's Star Wars mobile game just prints money

I think it makes sense, I know its modern now to have latest of latest mobiles these days (hell i dont get it, my friend needs to have always newest Iphone, yet all she do with it is browse facebook). If you got cash to fork over 1000+ bucks each half year you sure as hell can pay some skins

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-pulled-diablo-4-announcement-from-bli-1830232246

Jason Schreier, usually pretty reputable with this kind of thing, says his sources say Diablo 4 was going to be announced, but was pulled. I've seen speculation that was the case floating around, specifically that the decision to pull Diablo 4 was the beginning of October shortly before the post that people shouldn't get their hopes up.

Where the speculation differed from this rumor is that this rumor says they were going to announce both. Immortal, then follow up with a 4 announcement. People were speculating that Immortal was tossed together to cover up the loss of 4.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I suppose this Diablo Immortal will be immortal  cash cow. If someones enjoy mobile games good for him. Hearthstone was fun to some degree.

But it could be disappointment for players wanting for game with more interaction than mobile could offer.

Here, found the real reason for the audience reaction at Blizzcon. Why... toxic masculinity of course.

https://twitter.com/WillJPowers/status/1058446033724694528

And the obligatory dangerhair in the comments womansplaining why ackchually it is toxic masculinity. Before reading the first replies, I genuinely thought that was a "joke" post from some alt-right bozo. Man, why are so many people out to make a complete parody of themselves in CURRENTYEAR?

Edit: Diablo 2 producer chiming in: "Blizzard doesn't understand gamers anymore"

Jason Schreier, usually pretty reputable with this kind of thing, says his sources say Diablo 4 was going to be announced, but was pulled. I've seen speculation that was the case floating around, specifically that the decision to pull Diablo 4 was the beginning of October shortly before the post that people shouldn't get their hopes up.

Where the speculation differed from this rumor is that this rumor says they were going to announce both. Immortal, then follow up with a 4 announcement. People were speculating that Immortal was tossed together to cover up the loss of 4.

So what you're saying is that, contrary to what the Kotaku piece says, (speculation is that) Immortal is effectively Diablo 4? Heh, I don't think that'd go down well at all if true.

Not even ready to officially announce that they are making the game? That doesn't look good. Maybe some day we'll find out exactly how much of a **** show the Diablo 3 sequel development process has been.

Personally I haven't played Diablo since LoD, and the billion clones that have popped up have left me a bit desensitized to the genre at large, so I can wait a decade or two for a proper sequel.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

i don't really get the fervor over Diablo: Immortal personally.

#JustSonicThings

:p

Time to make this my signature! :D
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I think I lucked out by skipping D3 until the expansion came out - everyone seems to hate the game, but my experience was fine. Not exceptional, but I got enough fun out of it to justify it.

Same for SC2, which had a terrible story but other than that was a great game and I still play the odd co-op map which is by far the most fun I've had in a Blizzard RTS ever and I've been along for the ride since Orcs & Humans. Hell even WoW, Legion was fantastic. BFA's kinda **** so far though, hoping they can turn it around.

Blizz disappointed me before this, but it was never because they weren't trying. Even Warlords of Draenor, their only real dumpster fire, had some great stuff in it (raids and dungeons that expac were the best the game's seen IMO). But between this Diablo announcement and them caving to vanilla fanboys... now I'm not so sure.

Battle for Azeroth is up there with Warlords of Draenor as far as I can tell. I enjoyed playing through Legion (afterwards, didn't play *during* Legion), but BfA is just, meh, feels like playing through WoD again. I gave it a month and just cancelled my sub again.

BFA seems ok, is about the same as WoD during first patch but 8.1 is giving some good changes, new zone, fixing some oddities like the reputation gifts past exalted.  Shame it is coming in December though.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

WoW always seems like a game I would like on paper but whenever I play it it never holds my interest. This newest xpack is the first that I didn't buy and a spend a day or two trying to get into before dropping it until the next expansion.

LOTRO progression server is supposed to kick off on the 8th. I think I'm going to make a High Elf Runekeeper, Loremaster, Warden, or (and most likely) all 3.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Activision Blizzard loses $3.7 Billion after announcing Diablo Immortal mobile game.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I am. But the only Warhammer 40.000 game I have ever played was Space Marine which was nice.

I own the 2 Warhammer strategy games on Steam. Guess I'll fire em up someday.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• Like 4

The original StarCraft was/is one of the best Sci-fi settings I've ever seen

You need to read more books! :p

This Diablo furor is providing good comedy.  Apparently Diablo 2 was a game with a mature, complex story to some, for example. :lol:

Edited by Malcador