What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

I finished the Destiny 2 base campaign. Lots of fun, if completely flat emotionally. Halo had this great partnership with Master Chief and Cortana which got expanded as the series went along. Destiny has the potential for that with it's three fireteam members, but they did not do anything with them except serve as McGuffins you have to collect who occasionally throw out something on the radio.

But still tons of fun and I look forward to more.

Just in time for the Forsaken expansion. :D

Only Warmind in my way now.

Finished the Curse of Osiris expansion. I swear Bungie has the best environment artists in the industry. Pretty good music guys. They still appear to need better writers. One of those Vanguard fireteam characters, the Warlock, says she'll be with us the final mission of the expansion and I think "finally!" She appears, opens a door, and then just waits while you do all the work.

There's more personality in credit card mailers than in these characters.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Warfronts in WoW are a bit underwhelming, is cool to run around the zone farming rares and so forth, got some nice shoulders off a world boss. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Both World Bosses up this week gave me gold. Underwhelmed by the RNG and itemization this expansion. Think I might be burnt out still from Legion, I can't seem get into this expansion at all despite dinosaur crap and cthulhu crap being my jam. Had fun the first week and the rest's felt like chores.

I finished the Destiny 2 base campaign. Lots of fun, if completely flat emotionally. Halo had this great partnership with Master Chief and Cortana which got expanded as the series went along. Destiny has the potential for that with it's three fireteam members, but they did not do anything with them except serve as McGuffins you have to collect who occasionally throw out something on the radio.

But still tons of fun and I look forward to more.

I actually preferred the base campaign of the first Destiny.  I couldn't even tell you why now, as it's been a while since I played it, but I just remember enjoying it more.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wrapped up Vampyr, it was an interesting attempt, lots of atmospheric and good moments but it's not one that will actually call out for many re-plays.

Had a few standard gothic twists and turns, and some unexpected ones.

The critical paths of killing people or not and how things changed from that was quite well done, along with the tying in morality and xp earning.  Finding out details and secrets of npc's life actually made them worth more xp if you did decide to drain them of blood... but also makes them a bit more "human" rather than walking bags of blood and xp.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I cleared floor 24 of the Aura Gate dungeon in Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2. I'm getting really close to the all important floor 30. The dungeon has 50 floors, but floor 30 is significant because several high level demon fusions are locked behind clearing that floor, including Susano-o, one of my all time favorites in MegaTen. I have made it my mission to ultimately have Susano-o replace Wu Kong as my A-Team's glass cannon physical damage dealer. With the right build, Susano-o hits ridiculously hard. If I transfer Wu Kong's phys boost passive to Susano-o the damage will become straight up disgusting. On top of that, Susano-o has a high damage force element spell that also buffs your entire party AND uses physical attack stat as its damage basis rather than magic attack. The cherry on top is that, while still fragile, Susano-o is less frail than Wu Kong to boot. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wrapped up Vampyr, it was an interesting attempt, lots of atmospheric and good moments but it's not one that will actually call out for many re-plays.

The critical paths of killing people or not and how things changed from that was quite well done, along with the tying in morality and xp earning.  Finding out details and secrets of npc's life actually made them worth more xp if you did decide to drain them of blood... but also makes them a bit more "human" rather than walking bags of blood and xp.

Did you kill your mother?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

On my way home with my copy of SpiderMan, guess what I'll be playing when I wake up? :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So just completed The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel today. Now I think it's time to use

my end game save and start a new playthrough of The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel II.

- [OTHER USELESS INFO] -

Picked Alisa to dance with Rean. (I choose this option, since Alisa is the canon love interest.)

Ended game with Rean and Party at level 80. Also Rean's class mate bonds are all at level 5.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

On my way home with my copy of SpiderMan, guess what I'll be playing when I wake up? :)

Leave a review of your early impressions.  I'm curious to see if it's a game I'm even going to bother with or not.  If it's close-ish to the Batman Arkham games, I probably would be interested.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Did you kill your mother?

I actually managed to pull off a non-kill run through.

Well, non drinking blood from the npcs that is. I slaughtered a bunch of bosses and mooks.

Wait, I finished Warmind already? That felt like it just ended.

On to Forsaken. Already got a new subclass spec and super. It's fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Both World Bosses up this week gave me gold. Underwhelmed by the RNG and itemization this expansion. Think I might be burnt out still from Legion, I can't seem get into this expansion at all despite dinosaur crap and cthulhu crap being my jam. Had fun the first week and the rest's felt like chores.

Yep, think I pushed too hard on things. Maybe will take a break until LFR launches (oh to have a guild again :p)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Leave a review of your early impressions. I'm curious to see if it's a game I'm even going to bother with or not. If it's close-ish to the Batman Arkham games, I probably would be interested.

I'm a few hours in and so far it's definitely the best open world Spiderman game.

There are definitely things that it has in common with the Arkham series, combat feels very much like Arkham as does movement. There's also tons of environmental takedown. Combat is fluid but there is also a slow-down mechanic that is similar to that of Shadow Of Mordor which I have not yet fully learned how to utitlize yet because instead of just being used for attacks you can use it for to do some movements as well.

The things that have surprised me so far is the sheer amount of animations they put into Spidey, giving him more character and personality than any previous game. Also, New York does really feel alive and that's a hard thing to pull off considering how many large open worlds feel empty and lifeless.

In-game/in-engine cinematics trigger when you reach a destination and seemlessly interweave within the gameplay.

If there is one thing that I had to say bad about the game, it's the loading and the frame dips. I should mention that I'm just now downloading the day1 patch with is 4 Gb, I'm hoping this solves the issue because that slight drag during cinematics makes it obvious that optimization may have been rushed.

Besides that, swinging around around NYC never felt so good. The swinging may not have that same "cinematic flair" camera like Spiderman 2 but you can tell the effort that went into the game to make the player feel like they are Spiderman as much as possible, was a huge effort.

I have yet to find or unlock a new suit, I hear they add new abilities though so there is a bit of that old upgrade your Spiderman that older games are known for :)

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I'm a few hours in and so far it's definitely the best open world Spiderman game.

Possibly the lowest bar in history. :p

Hard not to be the best, in the category with only single member :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Possibly the lowest bar in history. :p

There are around alot of open world Spiderman games and so far only 3 of them have gotten bad "bombing" reviews (70% and below). The average metacritic for Spiderman games sits at around 80%.

I cleared floor 30 of the Aura Gate dungeon in SMT Liberation Dx2. Really fun boss fight at the end of that floor that forced me to think creatively despite the fact that I'm still a bit overleveled for that floor. This now unlocked several more demon fusions, including my coveted Susano-o. Of course, now I have to reverse engineer Susano-o and come up with a plan. Anyone who has played MegaTen can attest to elite tier demons being rather tricky to fuse, at least without sacrificing another elite tier demon. There are lots of different fusion combinations to fuse each demon, the trick is to use the combination that uses only lower tier demons, and those are rare. For an elite tier demon like Susano-o even the lower tier demons you use to fuse him are still high tier and I might not have them and may need to fuse them first. I may have to go 2 or 3 levels deep (to the snow level) and start with low tier demons to fuse mid tier to fuse high tier to fuse Susano-o. If this all sounds complicated, it is. That is the price you gotta pay to get elite tier demons, unless you get super lucky with a summon, like I did to get Asherah.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Thinking of playing some Saints Row 3 in memory of Burt Reynolds.

https://youtu.be/MLl545D-xPs

I'm such a game controller noob. When not playing Guild Wars 2, then I'm having a go at Nier Automata (I wouldn't attempt Nier without a controller again). The game is fun and interesting enough, but ffs, stop releasing games without real game save features built in dammit, I do sometimes need to take a break when it's convenient for me and not the developer! Grrr... That's why I buy single player games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Been replaying New Vegas, man, what a great game this is.

Just made it into Dead Money... gotta love the 30 minute dialogue dump at the start which basically amounts "everything here will kill you", haha. Still, Father Elijah is one my favorite characters in the whole franchise, the voiceactor really nailed that performance.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Delta Force BHD is somewhat fun.  Laughed at the legions of Somalis I was massacring in one engagement, did notice it's a lot like the Modern Warfare games, fighting hordes of opposition and turret sequences. 

Think I might just restart Deadfire.  I'd started then put it on pause to wait for the first two dlc's to be released, went to get back into it to have a slow refresh only to realise I have a bunch of quests picked up and I can barely remember what any of them are about.