Top three? wow thats a tough ask. Well I'll try.
1. Baldur's gate saga aka Bg1 + TosC + Bg 2 + TOB. Can't separate these games anymore. I just love the whole saga. I happen to do a yearly replay and nowdays with the brand new EE editions. Heck I may have to actually add the siege of dragonspear dlc to that list so its actually: bg1+tosc -> SoD -> Bg2 -> Tob. Hundreds of hours of party based d&d content with RtwP combat can't get any better... Yes i am a baldur's gate nut.
2. Witcher trilogy. The saga gets just better by each game. Witcher 3 itself may be the best rpg i've played in 10 years or so, but previous games are 5/5 for me as well. Great setting, wonderfull main character, awesome storyline...
3. Morrowind + bloodmoon + Tribunal. Its just one of those games I never get bored of. Its so rich and complex in every possible way. One of the most epic rpgs I've played. Larger than life. And the mods just take it to the next level.
If I had more slots...
4. Both kotor games. I'm an huge star wars fan, so I do think they're both almost equally wonderfull. The first one is a more traditional star wars tale with a big story twist. However the sequel gives a whole new spin to star wars universe which is why it is actually quite brilliant. Maybe even better than the orginal game. Just be sure to download the the restoration patch for kotor 2.
5. Planescape Torment. You just have to play this game to understand why it is loved. Best storytelling i've seen in rpgs. A very text heavy game though, but the narrative is so well crafted and its quite well writen. I don't think it is a game which people replay often, but it really blows your mind when you play it first time. I have great expectations for the spiritual sequel, Numenera.
6. Gothic saga aka gothic 1 + gothic 2 gold. First two gothics are definite classics which everyone should play atleast once in their lifetime. Gothic 3 is quite different as it is an openworld game and definitely not same quality, but even it has become quite enjoyable with the community patch 1.75. Besides gothic 3 gameworld is an explorer's dream.
7. Dragon Age orgins (+dlcs). I don't really care that much about the sequels (I haven't yet played the inquisition though, so who knows how much I like it), but the first dragon age game was just awesome. The writing was top notch. In particular those great characters such as Alistar, Morrigan, leliana, wynne, oghren, Sten... And the gameplay is just darn well designed. Fun combat, good level design, wonderfull music score and awesome setting. I can't fault this game. And there is tons of mods available as well.
8. Skyrim + dlcs. I have just logged hunderds of hours for Skyrim. I know rpg purists tend to laugh at skyrim, but I just enjoy it. And the modding just takes it to the next level. So well crafted setting and gameworld. Fun gameplay. Open world exploration can't get any better.
9. Deus ex 1. I've replayed this game dozen times though. It is bloody amazing how reactive the gameworld is even if the main story remains quite linear. I recommand downloading the revision mod which fixes many bugs and updates the visuals, enchants the level design etc without changing the gameplay much.
10. Pillars of the eternity is nodoubt a great game. It gave me same kind of joy when I'm playing baldur's gates. I just can't wait to import my character to the sequel. I have great expectations Obsdian!
Edited by Carados, 06 February 2017 - 11:35 PM.