Ship Crew Injured, Not Healing

Reposter

Question

Hi guys, I have fought 2 sea battles with Neutral Merchants and won, 1 with cannons the other by boarding, this resulted is 3 of my crew getting injured. I placed the 3 of them into the resting slots but nothing happens. I believe it is a bug, many steam users have reported this issue as well in the steam forums. I have a Surgeon on board as well.

Ok it is some sort of bug. I tested a few times and managed to get my healing of crew members to work.

Here is what I did:

1. I had a Cannoner, a helmsman and a cook injured. If I put all 3 into the resting slots, nothing happens.

2. I decided to put only 1 crew member into the resting slot (this means 2 of them are injured and are working under injury, which means -2 morale)

3. If I move around the sea for one day, my Cannoner starts to heal, using up some 5 medicine.

4. Then when the healing starts, I put my Helmsman he starts to heal as well after another day, taking up 10 medicine for 2 crew members in the resting slot.

Obviously the work around helps, I strongly believe it is a bug, for your attention please help.

• Like 1

Try having enough medicine, then heading into Nekataka. That should instantly use up all of your resources trying to fix injuries and ship. 

Doing this with three guys down will likely use up all of your medicine, which you will have to buy more of, then just leave port and enter again.

Hope this helps.

i'm in the same boat (ok, horrible pun... i know)

i have plenty of meds (70/100 atm), a full crew, including a surgeon, and three injured crew members, not healing, at all... going to dock at a port didn't heal anyone either (and yes i did dock at neketaka as well). 

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

The game doesn't explain this properly when an injury happens for the first time, so just to be sure:

Did you guys remember to put all injured crew in the "Resting Crew"-slots of your ship?

Only there will they receive healing!

So it really doesn't matter how good your surgeon is, or if you even have a surgeon at all, if you don't allow the injured crew member to rest, they will never recover and constantly be draining morale.

I'm having the same bug, got medicine, got surgeon, got crew in all 3 healing slots, nobody's healing.

On top of the sailing screen it says 0 crew members injured, but on ship management window it shows 6 out of 9 crew are injured.

• Like 1

ok, so i think i got my people healing again. i think the issue might be related to the game not recognizing that the crew members are injured... as their stats listed them as injured, though they didn't have the blood drop icon on their avatar. so, i paused the game, assigned injured crew members to various slots for a second or two, then moved em back to resting quarters (at which point the little blood drop icon showed back up on their portraits), and then i unpaused and continued as normal. and the crew started healing again. though, the ship menu correctly kept count of my wounded crew members the entire time.

Edited by Casper

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I had a similar issue. Unassigning the surgeon and unassigning the injured sailor - then sailing for a day and then moving the surgeon back to his spot and the injured sailor back to recovery and resuming sailing SEEMED to do the trick.

I had a similar issue. Unassigning the surgeon and unassigning the injured sailor - then sailing for a day and then moving the surgeon back to his spot and the injured sailor back to recovery and resuming sailing SEEMED to do the trick.

Very much this, moving the sailors, even in different unassigned slots might help

I think the issue is that the game isn't seeing them as wounded (doesn't show in the upper bar with the other icons), thus won't heal them.

This is impacting my enjoyment of the game. I want to do ship combaty (which is lame) and board ships but since my crew keep getting injured and not healing it means that I have crewmen with like 2-3 wounds each. Sailing into Neketaka with 120 medice anda  3 star surgeon does nothing either. If I put the injured in the unassigned area (not the belowdecks) and just spend weeks resting they heal, but that means just wasting time that I could be used sailing around actually enjoying the game.

I also don't understand this healing mechanic. It seems like a way to punish players more so than a way to have fun. I mean with Xoti and Tekehu on board with ACTUAL MAGICAL HEALING it should cut heal time from like 8 days to literally 1 day.

Magical healing restores health, it doesnt mend injuries. For that, they need rest. Thats why you have those "resting slots" to put your injuried crew. The mechanic is perfectly fine but I think it is bugged. I'm also having this problem, my crew isnt healing. I got one that is saying he will heal in 5 days, but i spent weeks resting and he isnt healing. Hope they fix it soon.

I had the same issue with one of mine. Ironically, she was one of my spare crew to begin with, she she was in a resting slot. But every time I looked back to see if she had healed yet, she was still 16 days from being healed. Eventually it resolved itself after another crew member got injured, and then they both started healing.

Well, it seems like it has resolved itself for me, fingers crossed. First I had one crewmember that healed and three that didn't. Then, after completely healing that one and visiting my new ship's deck, the remaining ones suddenly started healing. I did have healing issues before switching ships, but those might have been because my surgeon was injured. My bad for not documenting it so that I would remember better.

SODOFF Steam group.

I'm having this same problem. I have an injured crew member who has "6 days to heal" since she got the injury. More than that amount of time has passed. She is resting (the three slots in the bottom right), and I have a surgeon (in the surgeon slot) and plenty of medicine. For what its worth this has persisted into the beta.

Edited by nstgc

I'm having the same problem: crew injured in the resting spot, surgeon in place, but none of my crew members are healing. Also going in and out of Neketaka with fully loaded medicine doesn't help. Any ideas? 

Also having the same problem, crew members don't heal up. Surgeon is in the right spot and crew members are too though. Tried switching slots and wait some time, but it did not work. Problem stays.

My crew no longer heals irrepsective of whether they are at a working post or not. I lose moral for "working with injury" but the medicine supplies stay at 200. I have an expert surgeon. I also tried the entering and leaving Neketaka trick. This is my second pt and I'm having way more bugs than the first time.

nvAeseu.png

The cook broke her leg when we first crashed at Port Meja. I put her in the resting spot and we have a surgeon and plenty of medical supplies, but she isn't healing. I don't know what else to do.