You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

Good arch support can really help keep hips and back in alignment when standing. My ankles tend to "roll in" (flat feet, alas) which is bad for the ankles, hips and knees.  Asic's is a brand I've always liked but depends on which shoe.

Most of the time I just don't wear shoes, around the house, tho. I stand on my tiptoes instead.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i usually buy adidas because the front of my feet is wide and most of the other brands feel a bit tight

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

EDIT: #Pineappleonpizzaislife

tumblr_ksczlyQbeU1qzx4k0o1_500.jpg

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Have to go to Scotland for a trip, so have to suffer through my UK coworkers. This is why I need to have kids, I can use them as a reason I can't leave the country for a week.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That sounds fun! Have you ever been there before?

Why does everyone tell me it sounds fun :p. Been to England, but not Scotland. Problem is no direct flight, so have to deal with the risk of connections and my luck :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have to go to Scotland for a trip, so have to suffer through my UK coworkers. This is why I need to have kids, I can use them as a reason I can't leave the country for a week.

I'd tell you to bring me back a liter or two of a decent highland single malt but you live so far away it's almost closer if I went and got it myself.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I might have made a minor mistake. Got hold of an English translation of some Chinese Wuxia story..that is apparently over 400 chapters long, and I started reading it before bed last night.

Sleep... did not happen.

Of course, there's all sorts of oddities to it, so I'm not sure if thats due to the authors writing, the translators translation, or all the cultural cues I'm not picking up.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Time to find exactly where Gorgon lives.

You should though, have to be careful these days :p

It's pretty dangerous, actually. There's plenty lunatics on the internet, as probably everyone knows (or should know). Even if it doesn't have a direct effect on you, suddenly all your friends and family will be spammed with messages about crap.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I still maintain that 99% of it is how many ****s you give about it. I don't play COD, I'm not gonna get swatted.

Paranoia is a drug, I guess :lol:

Yesterday, I had a patient who had several post-surgery issues. He had his call light on and I went in to see what he needed. He'd been constipated fifteen days, and he finally had a bowel movement after surgery. Because of the amount of feces and straining, I think he stimulated his vagus nerve which lowered his blood pressure precipitously. He wanted to go back to bed and I helped him up, which caused something called orthostatic hypotension. It immediately made him start to pass out. I held him up and calmly called out for some help and one of the mobility techs and a classmate came in and we got him in a chair. I took his blood pressure and it was 62/40 with a MAP of 52. You know what that means? Here's a hint, it's not good!

I didn't leave the patient, but I did send people out to get my mentor nurse. I don't think she took the situation seriously until she got into the room and realized how low his blood pressure was. She immediately called the physician, and called again when he didn't answer. This guy was in serious danger. I guess I don't want to build it up too much, but it's gratifying that I didn't panic and kept my head. It's probably one of my few talents. I tell you what, I always say "don't panic," and I didn't, but I was... shall we say, a tad anxious.

With all of five clinical days at the hospital doing things like injections, IVs, and vital signs, I can already think of things I could have done better. Things I should have done and maybe a couple of things I shouldn't have done. Still, after having one patient die on me right before I went in to do his vitals and having this patient almost tank on me, I'm actually at peace with my decision. I love clinical and I love my patients, even the ornery old bastards.

• Like 4

χαίρετε

You can just ask, I don't give a ****.

:p

I was always amused how people consider doxing like it was a modern day hex.

The issue is what the doxxing leads to. I have a friend who used to be the target of some pretty spiteful trolls at another forum, whose doxxing led to one of these trolls ordering hookers repeatedly to his workplace, causing him to effectively lose his job. So the potential consequences can be pretty serious.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Logic tells me, payment upfront. Everything else would be kinda stupid, I'd say. I mean, you know how people are. Suddenly they start to bargain or don't want to pay up, etc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."