You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

Damn, hopefully an accident though - otherwise a pretty serial killer move.

i don't think so, it has happened before in another area. people woke up one morning and found cats dead all over the place.

there was even talk that an activist group did it to help the snake population

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i looked around this morning and found my cat and several others dead. there were no signs of injury and their posture indicated they died mid stride. the only thing that could do this is a poison used for pest control which someone intentionally spread around the area. considering that because of the cats there are no pests like mice and snakes, the only conclusion is that whoever did it was targeting the cats.

I appreciate the analysis in this post. That sucks, sorry to hear that. You have some true scumbags in your area

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sorry about your loss mate :(

Have you gone to the police?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

the last time this happened some owners of dead pets went to the police but they were told that its impossible to find who did this because this being an agricultural area, 90% of the people who live here have access to the stuff. even if they do find the poison there is no way to identify anything more than the brand which at most would cut down the possible suspects to 1/3 and that is still over 50k people.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

the last time this happened some owners of dead pets went to the police but they were told that its impossible to find who did this because this being an agricultural area, 90% of the people who live here have access to the stuff. even if they do find the poison there is no way to identify anything more than the brand which at most would cut down the possible suspects to 1/3 and that is still over 50k people.

You should try and get a hold of the media or something. Find some way to shame people who do that. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Could sort of backfire though. The people that do that might get more into if they get coverage.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

You should try and get a hold of the media or something. Find some way to shame people who do that. 

if i find out who did it i'll go full John Wick on him but in the end nothing will bring back my cat and its pretty unlikely that anything will make him come out and admit it. if i ever get a new cat, im gonna keep it in the house

• Like 3

-Teknoman2-

if i find out who did it i'll go full John Wick on him but in the end nothing will bring back my cat and its pretty unlikely that anything will make him come out and admit it. if i ever get a new cat, im gonna keep it in the house

It's scary though. A lot of people who kill or harm pets are killers in training. There is often a really dark motivation behind it, to state the obvious. 

• Like 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Thursday i fed her and she went out but didn't show up all day and that made me worry because she's not in the habit of skipping meals. Friday morning i brought the dog that i have as a chicken guard to look for her and it didn't take Julia more than 10s to do so. Lina was in a patch of tall grass in the abandoned plot of land next to the house. So whoever spread the poisoned bait did it in the night between Wednesday and Thursday.

For a bit last evening i thought it may have been the cat food because i fed Lina from a new box and i thought there may have been something wrong with it. And since i usually leave her leftovers outside for the stray cats (she would never touch the food left over from breakfast at lunch or dinner, she would rather stay hungry), i though it may have caused them to die too. So i brought some of the cat food and fed it to a chicken to see if it will be fine by morning and it was so the cat food was ok.

One thing that came to mind as i write this is that it may have been something done by local authorities for population control of the strays. If they did do it, it was without issuing any warning for pet owners to keep their pets safe. No way of knowing though and obviously nobody would admit it.

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

I would try and smoke out if it could happen again on a regular basis. It's a shame if a cat can't have a territory to roam. 

I have a stray that comes to visit every now and then. He checks that everything is still ok under the couch and may deign to accept a plate of tuna and then moves on. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Mute; feels like a cyberpunk Oldboy. Not as gritty or memorable but there are a lot similarities and that is probably the most concise way to describe the film. Loved Paul Rudd performance on the film.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I have concluded after extensive research and trials that the best non coffee, non water, non alcohol beverage produced in the world today is this:

450.jpg

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Last week my department head was waiting for me at the office. She told me about an opening in the TN department of natural resources that might interest me. She said if I were to apply my application would be favorably received. It's a management and administration position. It would be even farther removed from my education and experience than I am now. but I've been in this job long enough to know how little that matters. I wrestled with the idea over the weekend but decided not to pursue the opportunity. The job I have isn't glamours or really suited to someone of even modest ambitions of career advancement. I am a glorified number cruncher and stat analyst that sometimes gets to play engineer. But it suits me and I usually get to collect my own data. I guess I've reached the age I don't want to get out of my comfort zone. The way I figure it I'm planning on retiring in ten years or so (other business interests permitting) so the idea of transitioning to administrator/bureaucrat does not appeal. The bump in pay would be nice though. But one day you realize your salary isn't important is you don' like what you do. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

so far this is one the best birthdays i ever had (and i'm serious).

no work to do, nobody remembered it so nobody bothered me with phone calls or visits, i baked a pizza and some cupcakes and i have some beers in the fridge. if only my cat was still alive it would be perfect.

• Like 4

-Teknoman2-

Happy Birthday Tek!

Thomas Sowell

Happy birthday! =)