You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

I finished 4th in my age group. So close to the podium! I was 20th overall and came in about a minute under my time goal so it was a good race. :)

Nice work.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's weird. I had to make sure that wasn't the same picture that I took that I have saved on my dropbox when I played through it a few months ago.

VisualBoyAdvance_2017-12-04_08-21-51.png

Nope, mine's higher quality, but close, though!

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

*surfs through Netflix and Amazon Prime's recent releases lists*

*adds a bunch of maybes to watchlists*

*decides, in the end, that there's nothing to watch and flounces back to the garage to pester the hubster*

....I currently feel like this:

funny-cat-pics-bored-cat.jpg

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

All of the houses in my area are $800k. I don't think I am going to be able to buy a home.  :getlost:

Is that all? That's a bargain, man, a bargain. :biggrin:

...but yeah, I know what you mean. We rented a house for around 15 years. Only reason we could buy what we bought was because we'd saved up some + the start of recession hit and lowered the prices and increased our options a bit. And even then it was tight. Bay Area/any similar type of area is nuts.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

All of the houses in my area are $800k. I don't think I am going to be able to buy a home.  :getlost:

Come to Minnesota! They need teachers and half that gets you a 4 bed 3 bath house in a VERY desirable area.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/61271224_zpid/0-400000_price/0-1578_mp/priced_sort/45.212233,-93.295963,45.186559,-93.342097_rect/14_zm/0_mmm/

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I had a very lucid dream last night. I saw that i was siting on a chair out in the garden and suddenly my cat came from around the corner. I thought "how is she here, she's dead" but i didn't really care because seeing her made me happy. I gave her her favorite treat, she sat on my lap for some cuddles and after a while she got up, rubbed her head on my cheek and ran off... and i woke up.

According to folklore here, this kind of dream is when the soul of a recently departed comes to say goodbye to those it loved.

Edited by teknoman2
  • Like 5

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

The day I had today was like I-10 between Pecos & El Paso: long, hard, and I'm overjoyed it's behind me. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, but snow. :p

you have kids and they are big enough to push a shovel.  free driveway clearing service.  use the "builds character" nonsense if your wife balks.  

on the negative side, you still gotta drive in the snow.  as a californian, you likely have had cars which is still running after ten years on the road.  ten years o' driving on salted/sand covered roads and your car looks like the flying dutchman from the pirates of the caribbean movies. 

oh, and live someplace flat if you is gonna live in snow.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That's not snow though, that's freezing rain. That's not necessarily going to happen there. I've never experienced it here in Sweden, plenty of snow though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

yesterday my town was in Silent Hill mode. thick fog all day and while it didn't rain ashes, the smell of burned wood was in the air from all the farmers burning weeds, branches and other junk plants they cut to clear the fields.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

That's not snow though, that's freezing rain. That's not necessarily going to happen there. I've never experienced it here in Sweden, plenty of snow though.

dunno.  we lived chicago and western pennsylvania and any number o' other places where "black ice" is common.  don't even need freezing rain to get black ice.  all you need is a short-term melt, followed by a freeze. is a pretty common occurrence actually.  sure, not to the degree in the video, but patches o' black ice has been something we dealt with everywhere we lived where temps got low enough for snow accumulations. 

as bad as chicago is for weather, it is also 'bout the most flat city anywhere.  were built on a vast swamp, so hills is kinda rare.  still gotta deal with icy roads in chicago, but is few things making you feel as powerless as hitting ice on a hill, followed by sensation o' hydroplane/skating as you glide towards oncoming traffic or a busy intersection.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Snow is nice to visit, but I definitely don't want to live in it. :p

Hubby ran off with my car again and won't be home until late. Guess I shall garden a bit (it stopped raining) then videogame. Either that or try to watch Netflix. There's actually a lot of S. Korean films there now that I'd like to catch up on. Just difficult when you've unintentionally trained yourself to fall asleep to the TV...

Yeah so sick of the snow at the moment. We usually have pretty warm winters in Bergen (edit: considering its in Norway that is), but there has been snow here for like two months now. I need my spring!

(Going sledding with the kids every day at work is pretty fun though, have to admit).

Edited by Thingolfin

dunno.  we lived chicago and western pennsylvania and any number o' other places where "black ice" is common.  don't even need freezing rain to get black ice.  all you need is a short-term melt, followed by a freeze. is a pretty common occurrence actually.  sure, not to the degree in the video, but patches o' black ice has been something we dealt with everywhere we lived where temps got low enough for snow accumulations. 

as bad as chicago is for weather, it is also 'bout the most flat city anywhere.  were built on a vast swamp, so hills is kinda rare.  still gotta deal with icy roads in chicago, but is few things making you feel as powerless as hitting ice on a hill, followed by sensation o' hydroplane/skating as you glide towards oncoming traffic or a busy intersection.

HA! Good Fun!

Black ice, sure, it would happen, but that's patches and not an entire hill covered in a sheet of ice. We get plenty of that here, especially the past few days has been bad. Since my work is driving all day, I can feel the ice build up. Makes for fun times.

I think someone told me before, but I can't remember, but are there any regulations concerning winter tyres?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Spent the day unpacking the voice files (and some other files) of FFXV. Sadly I don't have a tool that can batch convert them into playable .mp3's or something yet, only one at a time. Slow going, just trying to find certain ones, which is tough with a zillion directories and mysterious (to ppl who didn't make the directories) file names.

I wonder tho, why do games always break up long conversations into tiny tiny pieces? I don't mean battle cries or other short things, but something that plays in-game as, say, several uninterrupted sentences said at once by one character is still broken up into like one short bit after another. I guess just in case they change their minds and want to break it up?

Anyway...not smart enough to do a lot with unpacked files and no official tools but still always interesting.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I was happy that spring is closing in, but then it had to snow all day long.

I've been having problems with my back. The other day, while working in the classroom, I told the kids that I had to leave for two minutes. Why? I got a sting of pain. Went and changed footwear and I immediately felt a change. I hadn't thought about it before, but nothing else has worked, so I thought it could be that. I also bought myself a new pair of shoes, because of this.

loparsko-air-zoom-structure-21-shield-V7

• Like 2