What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

While playing The Lost and the Damned past week, I discovered that my PS3 controller was acting weird: radio stations would change every time I was about to take a turn and the cell phone would occasionally pop out without me having pushed any buttons. I was ready to throw away some money at it and have it fixed but last night I downloaded the latest PS3 firmware update and now the controller is working like a champ!

Thought I'd share, update yo!

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Started playing Steamworld Dig 2 and Super Mario Odyssey on the Switch. Shelved Cuphead for the time being after finishing it - I'll be back to finish it on expert and S-Rank the remaining bosses but I'm a bit burnt out right now.

edit:

Can't type any more. Meh.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Got a gift card from work, and decided to use it on a Switch. First console I've bought since the Xbox 360 (which I barely used). Bought Mario Odyssey and a pro controller, man what a slick and cool console this is. Surprisingly small, and I love the pro controller. Game seems good so far, controls are very similar to Super Mario 64 and Sunshine.

Gonna have to pick up Mario Kart and Zelda too after a while, but other than those three I don't really see myself buying any games.

Started playing Steamworld Dig 2 and Super Mario Odyssey on the Switch. Shelved Cuphead for the time being after finishing it - I'll be back to finish it on expert and S-Rank the remaining bosses but I'm a bit burnt out right now.

edit:

Can't type any more. Meh.

Mario is great obviously but Steamworld Dig 2 is a gem and if you’re looking for another gem on the switch, I’d recommend Steamworld Heist. I’ve put about 8 hours in and have really enjoyed it so far. Perfect game where you can pick up and play from 5 minutes to an hour each time. Edited by SadExchange

Sadly nothing since I've been sick as a dog. Moreover, I have so much school work that piled up while I was ill I won't be doing anything other than that until the first day of class. Oh well, when I get the chance, I'll be finishing off Dishonored 2, Emily run. I'm at the second to the last scenario, at the palace setting up a meeting with my old friend, the duke.

χαίρετε

I'm probably high enough level now that I can attempt the two FO4 DLC, but stupid Preston has me running all over the place rescuing settlements who can't even kill the 3 raiders or the 4 level 1 ghouls that are attacking them every ten minutes.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm probably high enough level now that I can attempt the two FO4 DLC, but stupid Preston has me running all over the place rescuing settlements who can't even kill the 3 raiders or the 4 level 1 ghouls that are attacking them every ten minutes.

Preston and getting sucked into building settlements was what ruined my first fallout 4 experience.

Second playthru was Soo much better because I interacted with Preston with extreme moderation.

Preston and getting sucked into building settlements was what ruined my first fallout 4 experience.

Second playthru was Soo much better because I interacted with Preston with extreme moderation.

I mean, I understood it at the beginning when there was like no settlements and no minutemen.  But at this point in the game, these settlements are established and have defenses built (thanks to me), plus there are minutemen running around.  Yet everything falls on me again.

Meanwhile, Preston just walks around Sanctuary Hills, trying out the various couches I've built.  Lazy bugger.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Metro: Last Light. A lot better than the 1st game in my opinion, though a lot less scarier which I didn't mind. Not sure if it's the game or just my computer getting old since I had some performance issues while playing. Haven't had those with some of the even never games.

Then again my CPU is almost 6 years old and I could probably use some more memory even though my graphics card is never. Maybe with summer holiday payments I'll finally upgrade some of the older parts.

Hate the living, love the dead.

With the subscription, I'm pretty sure he's made the wrong choice on all accounts.

That depends solely on his /played. I have played WoW and SWTOR with alternating subscriptions (roughly the same price) for a combined playing time of well over 10.000 hours - at a rate that's around 0.1 to 0.2€ per hour played. Out of all the games I paid for myself only Path of Exile has a better ratio - and that's one of the few F2P game with a fair business model. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

So a War in Heaven started. I paniced because I fully expected all my vassals to abandon me, all my enemies to split amongst the Awakened Empires, and me to be left with 6 planets.

Instead, the whole galaxy rallied to my banner. We lost the initial engagements. The Awakened Spiritualists had a fleet of 300k. But at least at the time, they were the only one at war with us. Even the Awakened Materialists could best create a fleet of 150k at the time. I eventually gave the Spiritualists some planets, some from a vassal, some from myself, to stall for time. Then the Materialists declared war on us and... it did not go well for him. He lost too much to the Spiritualists, so my fleet was able to crush him. We ended that war pretty quickly with him surrendering planets to various members of the alliance and liberating the only vassal he had. Now the entire galaxy is on team ME.

I took this period of peace as a good opportunity to destroy the Fallen Xenophobe Empire. They're encroaching close to my vassals. My Alliance rejected the idea of me taking all their worlds for myself, but seemed happy to accept me giving their worlds to a vassal I'm in the process of integrating. Idiots. Soon it will be mine.

But the war with the Spiritualists is now back on. Barely had I time to return and repair before they declared war again. Last night I tried taking back lost territory only to find out the Spiritualists have miraculously maintained their 300k+ fleet. And here I am still suffering with too poor income to build up my fleet any further. I literally only have less than 10k minerals. But a 100k fleet. If I can rally the Alliance I bet we can take them, but they split to their own territory after the last war. Just need to get them back to me.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

With the subscription, I'm pretty sure he's made the wrong choice on all accounts.

That depends solely on his /played. I have played WoW and SWTOR with alternating subscriptions (roughly the same price) for a combined playing time of well over 10.000 hours - at a rate that's around 0.1 to 0.2€ per hour played. Out of all the games I paid for myself only Path of Exile has a better ratio - and that's one of the few F2P game with a fair business model. :)

That's fair, but it's plus box-price of the original game and the expansions and not counting the bi-yearly content droughts during which there's generally nothing to do and the game has, by all accounts, ended until the next expansion. I mean, counting personal hours /played muddles things I guess but in the same way I can bring up that one savegame of BG2 I had with 400 hours in it. :p Counting general meaningful content, I'd say it's the wrong choice. And I say that as someone who has WoW open right now. :p

I can safely confirm that the dude only played at weekends. :)

'If I play WoW, it usually lasts around 8 hours per session. You can't play that game for a mere one or two hours!' he said. He was my brothers co-worker and could only play at weekends.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Came across an example of the flaw in "leveling" enemies.  I ran into a deathclaw that was only level 22 (I'm level 35 now) and had no trouble with it.  A couple of minutes later I faced a raider who was a level 40 and he alone gave me more trouble than a deathclaw.

Some enemies should be high level no matter where you stumble upon them.

• Like 1