You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

That awareness #MeToo thing is super depressing. I was already aware that over 50% of the women I know suffered sexual abuse, I was not ready to learn the number is closer to 90% and that it applied to some of the guys I know too. Why does the world ****ing suck so much? :'(

You know what is really depressing?

There are both male and female people that actually accuse #metoo posters as overreacting whiners.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

That awareness #MeToo thing is super depressing. I was already aware that over 50% of the women I know suffered sexual abuse, I was not ready to learn the number is closer to 90% and that it applied to some of the guys I know too. Why does the world ****ing suck so much? :'(

Well it includes harassment as well, so that's not too shocking.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I ordered a new whole new set of dishes, cups, etc today. Although I'm much more of a eat-from-the-pan-you-cooked-in kind of guy. But the old ones were pretty chipped and missing a few pieces.

That's my only noteworthy accomplishment today.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In my circle of friends it's 100%. Really damn frustrating, only one I knew about before was an almost gf that kept getting creeped on by her boss who almost got her fired when she told him to **** off.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

You know what is really depressing?

There are both male and female people that actually accuse #metoo posters as overreacting whiners.

One time back in the day, I was walking through a bar and some random girl stepped in front of me and grabbed my junk. I wound up taking her home. #scarsneverheal

I love the fact that these posts are in this exact order  :lol:

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Did you deck her ? You should have done that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No. I took her home too. I wear ribbons of shame. ;(

Man, you're easy :p

• Like 2

Should have gone with beggars can't be choosers actually :lol:

• Like 2

Im dismayed that my trials and tribulations are a source of humor to you barbarians. I could rattle off a dozen such instances but I would never be believed. Its situation like I describe that formed me into a person that would always say yes to women throwing themselves at me. Well, unless they were ugly. Its only through iron determination, and being married, that allowed me the strength to say "NO! I AM NOT YOUR MANWHORE!"

Speaking of manwhores...

Watched like... two seasons of Archer.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Speaking of manwhores...

Watched like... two seasons of Archer.

Huh, I thought this post was going in a different direction re: watching something...

(spoiler'd for NSFW and strong language)

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

This actually reminds me of a couple years ago. I've lost my job because I've talked to a woman on the streets. She was kinda hot, so I initiated a simple conversion. Nothing fancy or unholy. Talked a bit about books and other stuff. Learned she had a child and boyfriend, so that thing was done for me.

Anyway... jump ahead half a week, me sitting at work, suddenly getting called in to HR. Turns out she and her boyfriend appeared and told a grand story about me stalking and attacking her at the bus station (apparently she could only get free from my evil hands by kicking against my knee, then screaming and running away). This story completely steamrolled me. Also, of course, got terminated right away (temporary employment-- basically, you have no rights).

Went to the police the same day, and indeed they visited a different police station at about 09:00 in the morning to fill a report. Got myself a lawyer for defense, but funny thing is, once the police tried to contact her again, she didn't respond at all and two or three months later the case was dropped. Lost my job, lost lots of lawyer-money, temporarily lost my sanity, permanently lost my trust in other people ( :cat: ).

Oh, and I decided not to retaliate via lawsuit, because my lawyer made me clear that this would be just a waste of time and money, as she would never be convicted of anything anyway. In best case, it'll be a "nothing can be proven, so case is dropped", in worst case, it'll fire back at me. Just needs a male judge and she has to be pretty and start crying in front of him to settle it.

Man, I just realized that I wasn't thinking about this event the past half year. Usually it comes back at least once per week, and it always makes me angry about not having reacted different at the time. Oh well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

This actually reminds me of a couple years ago. I've lost my job because I've talked to a woman on the streets. She was kinda hot, so I initiated a simple conversion. Nothing fancy or unholy. Talked a bit about books and other stuff. Learned she had a child and boyfriend, so that thing was done for me.

Anyway... jump ahead half a week, me sitting at work, suddenly getting called in to HR. Turns out she and her boyfriend appeared and told a grand story about me stalking and attacking her at the bus station (apparently she could only get free from my evil hands by kicking against my knee, then screaming and running away). This story completely steamrolled me. Also, of course, got terminated right away (temporary employment-- basically, you have no rights).

Went to the police the same day, and indeed they visited a different police station at about 09:00 in the morning to fill a report. Got myself a lawyer for defense, but funny thing is, once the police tried to contact her again, she didn't respond at all and two or three months later the case was dropped. Lost my job, lost lots of lawyer-money, temporarily lost my sanity, permanently lost my trust in other people ( :cat: ).

Oh, and I decided not to retaliate via lawsuit, because my lawyer made me clear that this would be just a waste of time and money, as she would never be convicted of anything anyway. In best case, it'll be a "nothing can be proven, so case is dropped", in worst case, it'll fire back at me. Just needs a male judge and she has to be pretty and start crying in front of him to settle it.

Man, I just realized that I wasn't thinking about this event the past half year. Usually it comes back at least once per week, and it always makes me angry about not having reacted different at the time. Oh well.

That sounds awful man, I think lying about stuff like this is as bad as doing said stuff.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Yeah, in afterthought it was just completely weird. My guess is the boyfriend went haywire once he heard about it, because from the 20 minutes chat we had, she did not seem completely nuts at all.

The boyfriend was a small man with tats all over the neck area, as well as these big tunnel thingies in the ears. He looked kinda crazed when seeing me at the HR office... which is another thing that makes me angry. The company arranged an "accidental confrontation" for them to check if it is really me. The boss went up and left the room. Kept the door wide open for a few seconds... while they were standing on the floor, looking at me. Man, just thinking of that again makes me furious now.

Oh, and they found me via facebook. See, kids, this is what happens if you neglect security of your personal data.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

One reason I'm glad my facebook is essentially just a burner I use for Tinder. As a small guy(175cm) I apologize on behalf of us short dudes and would punch the dude for you if I could.

Somewhat nonplussed at how that was spun to be about the boyfriend rather than the woman that actually filed the false complaint. Couldn't be that she was just damaged goods or had a huge chip on her shoulder, no way, that just doesn't happen with cute girls. Her ugly, controlling boyfriend scheming behind the scenes was probably to blame. Something something patriarchy something #notallmen.

This kind of **** is why I no longer cold approach, it's just not worth the potentially huge headaches. There's always been crazy bitches, but only now do we have to deal with a state of affairs where they can **** you up with impunity.

Solid advice on net anonymity though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, of course it is possible. Everything is. They both filled the paperwork, though, and he was the one looking at me like a berserk about to strike his war ax (which is why I am angry about the "accidental confrontation" at the office... might as well wait outside the building for me, just to get some more weird justice or whatever).

She can't be innocent either, else I guess she wouldn't have went through with it in the first place. So yeah, nice family of psychatic folks... better to stay far away from.

Oh, another fun bit: After everything was done, I got the files from my lawyer and there was *everything* in it in clear text.. full name (didn't even remember the name until that point), adress, telephone number and so on. Crazy. Due to this f-up I suddenly knew more about her than at any point before.

Again, everyone is so careless when it comes to personal data..

Edited by Lexx

Had a lunch with coworkers with them eyeballing every woman walking by, funnily enough. Our Hudson PM is finally free, lucky guy. He was due for a stroke or murder suicide on the present path.

first couple weeks in october are always busy for a con law guy, but the nor cal fires have been a serious headache for us.  had a couple properties in danger o' becoming cinders.  am gonna be spending the next month getting everything back in order.

am actual kinda disappointed the fires didn't make it to calistoga 'cause we cleaned out our property in that town... removed everything but the kitchen sink.  almost removed the kitchen sink as it were big copper monstrosity. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)