The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

but the embarrassing visage that is that thumbnail tells me not to listen

actually I listened to it and it wasn't that bad

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That new Gorillaz song is very relaxing.

What's Jack Black doing in that video.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Listening to the music of today 25 years late.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wish I knew which music to listen to.

I'm open to any suggestions, but only if it's REALLY good.

What do you like?  Are there bands and styles you usually dislike?

Is it time to post only the best of the best? Behold the true greatness that was the late 90s

Hmmm, late 90s music not necessarily my strong point.  Are we thinking 96-200? Anyhow, I'll leave you with 1997 Portishead:

Yay!

Is it time to post only the best of the best? Behold the true greatness that was the late 90s

I knew Vengaboys had another hit locally other than We Like to Party, but if you'd asked me to name it at gunpoint I'd have failed.  But this was it.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've enjoyed her releases on Numbers. I've only listened to the albums singles, of which I liked Faceshopping the most. If I'm being honest, it's hard for me to connect with a song like Ponyboy thematically speaking. No doubt her work is groundbreaking.

I've enjoyed her releases on Numbers. I've only listened to the albums singles, of which I liked Faceshopping the most. If I'm being honest, it's hard for me to connect with a song like Ponyboy thematically speaking. No doubt her work is groundbreaking.

Yeah, I was just discussing the album with a friend and we both had a very similar feeling to yours. For me it's just that the kind of imaginary she goes for here, which is similar to that of Arca and the likes too, is not one that's entirely attractive to me. But there's a few really good songs in the album amidst all the saccharine pop and somewhat aimless IDM that surrounds them. It's worth a listen.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I almost mentioned Arca myself, same thing there. But I'm not the type of person to dismiss a legitimate creative prowess and talent just because it misses some mark by my own interests. As far as saccharine pop, I found myself really enjoying the PC Music output around the same time as that early Sophie stuff was coming out.