The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

You never know what you're going to find in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxf8dybTOfw

Sometimes I think I should really stick to listening to music whose lyrics I can understand.

Sometimes, it's a Polish version of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Speaking of Polish bands...

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Perhaps you'd prefer a Polish band singing in English?  

The Darkest Timeline Continues  :brows:

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm also Polish, although I've spent most of my life in Murica.  

Lady Pank has multiple songs in English.  Also, posting songs from the 80s reveals just how much of an old fart I am.  :-

For comparison, here's the original version of the same song in Polish:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dzień dobry, rodaku! :grin: I admit, this is quite a surprise, and on so many levels.

I mean, I'm familiar with "Mniej niż zero". It's hard not to be, really, as Lady Pank is one of those iconic Polish bands that get plenty of casual airplay over here. Virtually everyone has heard of them to a degree, and I guess this is why learning here and now that they had recorded English versions of some of their hits is such a weird discovery for me.

Still, I think it's safe to say that the songs... didn't really translate all that well. :p 

• Like 1

^ Yeah, the translation worked less successfully than something like Nena's 99 Luftballons.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wait, people outside Poland are willingly and unironically listening to Polish bands?

Truly, we are living in the darkest timeline.

Found it because Metallica covered it at a concert, and always looking for stuff to weird out neighbours with.

Playing Arabic music makes people cross the street to avoid my house :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, people outside Poland are willingly and unironically listening to Polish bands?

Found it because Metallica covered it at a concert, and always looking for stuff to weird out neighbours with.

Metallica covered Lady Pank abroad? Oh, wow. Now I've heard everything. :blink:

What's next? Non-Canadians enjoying Celine Dion?

• Like 1

Let's not get carried away.  :p

Anyway, I can't let a discussion on Polish music go without my favorite Polish band, SBB.

One of the most overlooked and underrated prog bands ever.  IMHO these guys are just as good as Yes, ELP, and King Crimson.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Metallica covered Lady Pank abroad? Oh, wow. Now I've heard everything. :blink:

No Dzem

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't love the movie, but the soundtrack is pretty dope

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Not the Melbourne concert unfortunately, couldn't find any good recordings from the event:

(the concert below was just a few weeks earlier, comparable performance although the Melbourne audience were considerably "livelier" with crowd surfing and everything else that goes with an animated bunch of people)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Really bad sound quality, sorry. Peoples phones just weren't up to the task. Went and saw these guys a week ago (we are somehwere not too far from the stage).

I wish we had some HQ recording from the concert...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Saw this show in Brisbane not long ago 8)

• Like 1

• Like 1