What you did today

Gorth

I havent been single for 1000 years....I couldnt pick up a woman in a whorehouse with a fistful of hundreds. :lol:

The trick Mr Gifted1, is not minding that it hurts.

Or to enjoy pain.

Mmm, stand me up. That's the spot. Jokes on you, I wanted to hang out at this coffee shop by myself anyway!

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I haven't met many girls I've an interest in, most times I lose interest after talking with them for a while, and the exceptions typically have girlfriends. The last one was a blue haired french girl I met at work a while ago that wants to become a game designer, but she got herself a girlfriend now.

C'est la vie.

I'm at my friends house, been playing pnp, drinking beer and booze and playing some more pnp. Good times, I don't enjoy the inflatable mattress that I sleep on, but I'd suffer much for what it allows me to otherwise enjoy. :lol:

We've been going through more of Storm kings thunder, the paladin player that died made a new character, a much more interesting one; a Harper arcane trickster rogue. His former character was really awkward having around.

More of that tonight, and a rare turn up for our barbarian. Luckily the adventure isn't based on exp so he's getting bumped up to level nine right away, so he won't be a dead weight. Literally. Not that that would be much of a problem, we've got two bags of holding wich we for some reason always end up filling with dead bodies. :lol: 

Our group is too kind for our own good, we found an adamantium full plate armour (Wich is worth a filthy amount of gold) with a dead dwarf inside. We decided to bring her corpse along for the ride and used a priest to talk to the dead spirit which wished for her body and possessions to be returned to her family. Doh! What did the family give us to show their thanks? Boots of Levitation. :|

We're going sailing tonight though, so atleast I might get some use of the Cloak of the Manta Ray that I've got...

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Arsenal won the FA cup, so that was fun. Rest of the day doing mundane things.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The elder patron of the Tale clan has passed. I'm glad I went out to the lake to see him today, but it is regrettable he wasn't able to see me. He was looking forward to the lot of us coming out from what I hear, but it seems he had a stroke early in the week and has been acting delirious or confused since, only to end up sleeping through the past couple days. At least he was doing relatively well for his birthday a week and half ago.

He was a good man and many are now lesser with his passing.

• Like 4

I went on that MBA speaker event yesterday, it was good and I did learn several things from some of the speakers as they are all really interesting people who have become global motivational speakers ....but it wasn’t like everything was relevant

The real benefit was interacting with the sales director and the team I have now joined around the Product Manager roles, I have to   admit everyone is about 5-7  years older than me but much more experienced around there jobs and business management experience

But this is a good thing as I will learn loads from some of them and that is what I need to do to expedite my current trajectory on this new job J

But I really like the sales director and he seems to like me. He is an amazing person who has a totally different approach to his job; he is a master at building relationships and comes across incredibly trusting. So again someone else I can really learn from

And this guy became a millionaire several years ago yet he has not quit this job and continues to espouse the company ethos, his own personal success has not made him arrogant in any way

He made a point of inviting me for drinks afterwards, I didn't go this time but I was reminded going forward I would have to get use to taking customers for drinks and entertaining them at certain times. What is very different is I will get an expense card but due to the nature of the experience of this division the guys were talking about up to R100K can be claimed back next day!!!!

My old position has a limit of 5k, of course you have to justify the cost but that's how much margin some of these guys make on some deals.

But I want to avoid what happened last time I was in a sales role, 4-5 years ago. I ended up being the one always taking certain clients to the most exclusive and popular adult entertainment venue in JHB...a place I mentioned called the Grand

This place is really 5 star, take a look at the food buffet and decor. They have very ostentatious champagne stalls and epicurean food stalls, they even have authentic Japanese sushi chefs. Its designed to create this impression it’s a upmarket restaurant so people can visit without palatable guilt ?

http://www.thegrandrivonia.com/index.php

I know some of you guys have never been to a brothel and won’t go due to moral or other reasons, I absolutely respect that view and I would never go if I was married or involved. But in SA and in every city I have worked or been involved in closing  deals like Vegas, New York or London there has always been some guys who insist on going to some brothel afterwards as we always pay…and yes sometimes the guys are even married but it Is not my place to question their commitment

My normal boss is married and has 2 kids; he has never ever been to a strip club in his life and will never go as he sees it as cheating on his family. He hired me 7 years ago, we were acquired by this global SA based consultancy 4 years ago and he made me the offer now for this exciting opportunity. He works 12-14 hours a day and doesn’t monitor us or expect timesheets. He implicitly trusts us and I appreciate that. So when he asks me anytime if I will go with any customers, again these are good deals, how can I really say no?

Now finally there are different ladies working in the Grand, the hottest ladies are unbelievably hot but very expensive, R4000-6000/hour. They are mostly Russian, Ukrainian and Bulgarian and other east European ladies

So I guess I have to not get pulled into some deviant encounter where I just get manipulated into spending money in an inordinate way through the expense card.

Also I have an issue with the Grand, is true. It’s not the same as the strip club Candice works which is a place I feel relaxed….the Grand just always feels wrong and hedonistic in an uncomfortable way?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The elder patron of the Tale clan has passed. I'm glad I went out to the lake to see him today, but it is regrettable he wasn't able to see me. He was looking forward to the lot of us coming out from what I hear, but it seems he had a stroke early in the week and has been acting delirious or confused since, only to end up sleeping through the past couple days. At least he was doing relatively well for his birthday a week and half ago.

He was a good man and many are now lesser with his passing.

Sorry for your loss

Deepest sympathies to you and your family Tale.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Condolences Tale :(

But I really like the sales director and he seems to like me.

How romantic! :wub:

He made a point of inviting me for drinks afterwards

You little Casanova, you, working the corporate ladders... :-

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I want to say thank you to all of you for your sympathies. I like to say that I'm short on grief and long on empathy, but it means much that my family are in your considerations. Losing my paternal grandfather almost exactly a year after my maternal grandmother puts my emotional stability to the test. It makes me extremely worried for my sister and her brood.

Also way too much hard cider today, so maybe that's why I'm all nice and stuff.

• Like 2

Remembering today all of my fellow citizens who ran towards the sounds of the gunfire in defense of this nation and it's interests. And most especialy those who did not return. And hoping that next Memorial Day there will not be one more name to be rememberd than there is today.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Are veterans who die outside of combat included ? I think you guys need another day off for those if not :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not...specifically, but Veterans Day more or less covers it to the same effect.

(e): Condolences, Tale.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ah. Always thought Veteran's day was for the living and Memorial Day was for the dead.

Well, Veterans Day is really more honoring veterans, dead or alive, which is what I was getting at with my "not specifically" comment, :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

We have Rememberance Day here that does all. I think we're getting cheated of a day off somehow.

Well as requently happens here in the US a holiday tends to morph into other things as time passes. Veterans Day used to be Armistice Day to mark the end of WWI. Memorial Day actually goes back to the post Civil War south IIRC. The tradition was to place flowers and flags on the graves of fallen soldiers. That tradition is still practiced today nationwide. I don't remember when it became a real holiday but I believe it happened rather gradually.

Thomas Sowell

Working from home when I realized I have literally no issues to work on. Tad problematic now :lol:

It's a working from the Roost kind of day surrounded by canine furry four-leggeds doing most distracting and endearing things!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: