RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Oh, just a tidbit about the D3 improvements ahead: All those ingredients and mats we use in the cube and at the blacksmith, they will no longer take up stash space. They will get their own handy tab. Also, there will be an Armory, where you can have five loadouts of items and chosen skill trees at your finger tips, like one for speed runs, and one for greater rifts, and so forth. Pretty neat, huh? Better late than never.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

How's the campaign Titanfall 2?

It's the only reason I'd get it anyway

I watched a full walkthrough (because I know I won't be getting TF2), and while it starts off slow, and titan portions are for the most part bad, the pilot portions are really good. map design is good, and each level has its theme sort of (there's one level that was inspired by Portal and another one that was inspired by Singularity)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

really nobody remembers Alpha Protolol

Can't remember what nobody played.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How's the campaign Titanfall 2?

It's the only reason I'd get it anyway

It's good, but short. If you aren't into MP then wait. It took me 4 and a half hours to beat on hard difficulty. Not worth the price if you don't want to play MP. It has great set pieces, and an OK story. Think Halo meets a buddy cop movie meets the Iron Giant. I liked it a good bit.

I've preloaded Dishonored 2 now, and what a beast of a game, it was: 38GB! Ouch! My biggest game on my HD. Tomorrow, I'll get to play it. Sweet deal indeed! :)

Oh, and I just learned that there will be a day 1 patch of 9GB on top of that, so the game's huge, and I stopped caring about copy protection since I made tapes of games on my Commodore 64.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

New policy. Bethesda did the same for DOOM and Skyrim Remastered.

Now, they could also be doing it to hide a turd. The cup game requires you to have multiple cups after all.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hopefully there won't be some completely idiotic and nonsensical romance going on like the previous game...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It was largely a cutscene romance so it didn't bother me. I mean I didn't have to into the tunnels and gather 30 rare ingots to get to the next stage. 

And yet they still somehow managed to make it embarrassingly cringey and completely without reason or sense. Bah, humbug.

Regardless, they actually just came out today and said the previous reports were false:

01naz95.png

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It was largely a cutscene romance so it didn't bother me. I mean I didn't have to into the tunnels and gather 30 rare ingots to get to the next stage. 

And yet they still somehow managed to make it embarrassingly cringey and completely without reason or sense. Bah, humbug.

Regardless, they actually just came out today and said the previous reports were false:

01naz95.png

A little sad, but hey, greatness can't be rushed. I've said since I finished the last game that the bar I would measure Half-Life 3 by were that ever to be released would be Metro: Last Light. 2033 does benefit from the Redux version but the level design was a lot tighter in Last Light in my opinion.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling