ktchong

Dr. Evazan or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Became wanted in 12 Systems

Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru: The Early Years

The Strange Case of Slacious B. Crumb

Waterworld Kamino

Mad Max Rebo: Beyond Thunderdome

Quatermass and the Sarlacc Pit Monster

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They need a Jabba the Hutt version of The Godfather.

Jondekk Vrockdir: ..... The main character is a guy just like me. I wouldn't even have to act, just be myself. Oh, Huttfather, I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do...

Jabba the Hutt: Uba seel ctaka keel hutta . Choy'z bu mattah uba?  Beet  choy uba've beome,  Vid ninocchiooh whooh crees keel cheeka ? "Oh, choy bal jee  bal? Choy bal jee  bal?" Choy bettap flarvah? Keshoy!

Tedd jeesh, bal uba sendah tee-tock uta-sha namily?

Jondekk: Sure I do.

Jabba: Gooddé. Causa hutta whooh ooesn't sendah tee-tock pej namilee seel sha shulu oom-al hutta. Uba look laa.Jee huujah uba aweat, jee huujah uba oom-st wedd. Anah mottah nrom ateema beet Vid weyda shot'z gonnah vigah uba haku uba huujah

Jondekk: Too late. They start shooting in a week.

Jabba: Jee 'sh gonnah make shash offah jab oom-fuse. Eniki? Jee huujah uba vealah lo add jeesh. Boll nop, boll bata bu partee

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They need a Jabba the Hutt version of The Godfather.

Jondekk Vrockdir: ..... The main character is a guy just like me. I wouldn't even have to act, just be myself. Oh, Huttfather, I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do...

Jabba the Hutt: Uba seel ctaka keel hutta . Choy'z bu mattah uba?  Beet  choy uba've beome,  Vid ninocchiooh whooh crees keel cheeka ? "Oh, choy bal jee  bal? Choy bal jee  bal?" Choy bettap flarvah? Keshoy!

Tedd jeesh, bal uba sendah tee-tock uta-sha namily?

Jondekk: Sure I do.

Jabba: Gooddé. Causa hutta whooh ooesn't sendah tee-tock pej namilee seel sha shulu oom-al hutta. Uba look laa.Jee huujah uba aweat, jee huujah uba oom-st wedd. Anah mottah nrom ateema beet Vid weyda shot'z gonnah vigah uba haku uba huujah

Jondekk: Too late. They start shooting in a week.

Jabba: Jee 'sh gonnah make shash offah jab oom-fuse. Eniki? Jee huujah uba vealah lo add jeesh. Boll nop, boll bata bu partee

Why did you signed Brando's lines as Jabba?

Since Hurl suggested a Jabba the Hutt version of The Godfather he really needs to be one of the Corleones.  Given that I wanted to do a Huttese version of "make an offer he can't refuse" line in Huttese, Don Vitto it was.

Looks good.

Disturbing lack of actual Venom in Venom movie trailer. I would be displeased if the movie was about internal struggle of Brock and Venom actually showed up at the climax.

I imagine its more of a "it is too early for visual effects to be ready for a trailer" than anything else.  But that's pure speculation on my part.

• Like 2

Eh, I'll throw this on the nerdgasms thread for the sake of argument..ahem, discussion.

Could Thrawn have saved Star Wars?

An authors blog post on if the Heir to the Empire trilogy had been turned into films...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Eh, I'll throw this on the nerdgasms thread for the sake of argument..ahem, discussion.

An authors blog post on if the Heir to the Empire trilogy had been turned into films...

Clearly not, Heir to the Empire didn't subvert anyone's expectations. It couldn't have been awesome. Right Rian? ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

That article is factually wrong in places- the Thrawn Trilogy/ HTTE was the first book in ages, but the Dark Empire comics predated it and was directly contradicted by it in places despite both being canon, and Zahn did not have carte blanche on the project either. His blueprint would also have failed because Harrison Ford would have refused to do 3 more movies, especially at the height of his fame and bankability in the early 90s. Pretty sure that Fisher was also... not at her most reliable then either.

Peripherally I'd also very strongly argue that you don't have to have hard set binary morality in Star Wars and that was not why TLJ got a lot of dislike. People didn't hate Luke being 'morally grey' (for want of a better term) in TLJ just because it wasn't jedi like, they hated it because it was a direct contradiction of Luke's established characterisation. 'Grey' morality in SW is certainly polarising though, both 'Traitor' and KOTOR2 have a lot of people who love them and some who hate them for not conforming to the usual good/ evil dichotomy.

• Like 2

I just want to see a pic of the him AS Venom. Eddie Brock (of that's the character he's playing) is boring, Flash Thompson was a more interesting Venom tbh, if he somehow got recruited into Shield near the end and became Agent Venom then that would be quite amazing, or imagine if the main villain was Carnage Queen or Anti-Venom.

The trailer itself seems to have a Suicide Squad vibe as far as the cinematography, point to point, colorize crystalization, etc. I really hope it's good, I hope it surprises me as my intellect is vast among reasoning but at the same time, I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment.

I guess what I'm saying is that I hope this movie goes toward new-skool Venom and not classic Venom. Classic Venom is boring as hell while new Venom is actually interesting and more to the character.

We shall see...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I mean the the color filter and dark vibe it's going for which seems moreorless very similar to Suicide Squad, maybe a bit of Punisher as well. I haven't really heard anything of the story or the characters but I imagine that it will be screwed up somehow. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though.

I agree that Suicide Squad is terrible, but DC movies are a bit disappointing in general... from Christopher Nolan's realism take on Batman films to the newer Justice films. The shows, on the other hand, are another story. The Flash, Arrow, Legends and Supergirl (Arrowverse) have only impressed me with just how many easter eggs and backgrounding they've consistently delivered.

As for Marvel, my experience has been (mostly) just the opposite. The movies have impressed me - except for the terrible X-Men films, while only a few shows have really drawn me in. Couldn't get into Agents Of Shield, Punisher, Iron Fist or Luke Cage but I loved Inhumans and The Gifted. I'm looking forward to Black Panther and I can already tell Infinity War is going to be a fun, unstructured mess of an action masterpiece.

Venom, the trailer feels half-arsed to me for a number of reasons but I suspect the next trailer will actually either show us the actual Venom character or at least give us an idea of who the villain is. Carnage Queen, Anti-Venom or maybe the first Ben Parker synth and the spider-slayers... any of thesw would make for great villains. A straight up Carnage ot Sinister 6 would be disappointing as villain.

As a Venom fan, I'm not impressed so far but it's just a poor trailer compared to other Marvel trailers & teasers. Venom isn't/wasn't ever as dark as some people think, scary and creepy yes but I have a feeling that they're gonna totally excuse the comedy and goofiness that has always been a part of Venom characters since he was created.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...