What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

I noticed Stellaris and its dlc's are on sale 25% off on Steam so I bought the nova edition, the Plantoid pack and Leviathan. Now to dive in...

Just finished a two hour session myself. The need some more ship hulls though. It sucks when you can't tell your from theirs without clicking on them.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Going to run through Mass Effect again, for no good reason.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think I'm at the end of Ultra Despair Girls: Danganronpa. It's pretty weak. The dialogue scenes really drag.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I noticed Stellaris and its dlc's are on sale 25% off on Steam so I bought the nova edition, the Plantoid pack and Leviathan. Now to dive in...

I put my game on hold since my genocidal, xenophobic, militaristic empire can't control more core planets and the technology can only be researched randomly and only after you research the one that increases sectors. Luckily we are beloved by everyone in the galaxy except for the energy beings but they aren't meant to be friendly.

Empire building is so boring when you have a planet limit.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I put my game on hold since my genocidal, xenophobic, militaristic empire can't control more core planets and the technology can only be researched randomly and only after you research the one that increases sectors. Luckily we are beloved by everyone in the galaxy except for the energy beings but they aren't meant to be friendly.

You just have to put them in sectors until you can control more directly

I'm not a big fan of the sector shuffle either but it allows you to keep expanding

Free games updated 3/4/21

Played the Attikus operation in Borderla... Battleborn. Fun quick run. Normal Borderlands level writing (which is good enough). And they finally added some skins to unlock through playing*. But I think if they had added something like this earlier, the game would have done better.

*you could always unlock some recolours of the character through leveling, but there was never a clear goal of "I'll play the Attikus Ops as Mellka to unlock her Attikus Ops skin". The actually good skins are still microtransaction of course.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm not a big fan of the sector shuffle either but it allows you to keep expanding

And takes away the tedium of upgrading buildings as technology improves.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I finally completed Salt and Sanctuary. Played a Knight with some magic to spice things up. I was destroying stuff in the end game. That was my 58th game beaten this year. Might do a NG+ in the future.

I'm going to go back to Morrowind, I think. I have been wanting to go back to an open world game, and I think this will be a good option. I haven't played it in years and I also haven't played the expansions before.

I try to keep my ethics divergence down and not to have so many re-education campaigns. Right now I'm just buffing my  core planet tech so that I can gain the upper hand in the war race against my neighbors. Plus I already have enough problems from other races that have made their way into my empire.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Gave Transformers: Devestation a shot. I did not like it. Quit after about 40 minutes and don't care about going back.

It's technically competent, but that's all I can say about it. It's mechanically average and there's no hook. The only thing I was looking forward to while playing is to remove it from my list of games to play.

So, after figuring out that I find it really difficult to not play Skyrim Remaster, I installed basic needs, I installed Frostfall and a bunch of other mods to make the game more interesting and now I'm having fun. Might look for a mod to rebalance perk tree as well, we'll see. I don't think I'll go for any hardcore difficulty mod because, as it turns out, 3 months straight of working weekeneds really just makes me want to play something relaxing. And I finally found a way to make field of view stick to chosen value, which is a plus.

Anyway, while exploring a random bandit-infested ruin, I overheard the bandits talk about a mage researching something in the dungeon. So I went down, found room with the mage, and heard him mumbling about finding something. After dealing with him and exploring his bookshelf, I found a book describing location of some sort of ancient, powerful forge hidden in the heart of Skyrim - naturally, this forge is in-game and that was the first clue to find it. And people wonder why do I keep praising the world design and exploration in that game, this ruin wasn't even connected to a quest or anything. The game's chock-full of stuff like that.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

I just know I'm going to end up doing something stupid this week like picking up Skyrim remastered for the PS4.  Someone needs to teach me self-control when it comes to my finances.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was robbed!

My keep got attacked by a horde of skeletons led by some bonehead wizard. Winning by the skin of my teeth, the floor was littered with corpses and loot piles (enemy and friendly corpses) and what happens? Before I got a chance to loot the corpses after the fight, the game takes it upon itself to re-load the location and all the wonderful loot piles disappeared :(

Picked up the arctic dwarf girl and companion and listened to her story. Interesting traditions they've got and quite funny reading in places :)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I only got to play Stellaris for a little over an hour yesterday but I can already tell that I like it. Afterwards I was sitting with my wife and she was telling me a story and I'm looking her dead in the eyes and nodding while silently wondering if I was supposed upgrade my frontier outposts. :lol:

• Like 6

The cracks in this WoW expansion are starting to show for me. I feel like I've run out of character upgrades that I can target. It's always been pretty random, but at least you could target it in a way like "if kill this boss, it might give me the upgrade I want". Now I'm looking for items with increased levels of randomness. "If I kill this boss, it might give me an item that's less powerful than I have now, but it might roll on a higher item level randomly, give me the right stats and gem sockets randomly..."

It makes targeting character upgrades feel really pointless. Now I have a lot of content that I CAN do to get potential character upgrades, but no content that I really want to do. Realistically I'm never going to run out of ways to randomly increase my character's power but other than occassionally getting a quest to go kill this or that boss, I don't really have much incentive to run that content other than the remote possibility that this will happen. Most of my dungeon runs are slowly becoming disappointments because "wow, this item would have been really cool for me... if this random trash item hadn't already rolled a higher ilvl making it a downgrade".

For a game where the major driving factor is getting more powerful by getting gear, I'm not feeling particularely interested in or excited about any gear pieces I can find. I used to look at a boss's loot table and think "wow, I really want that item, I'll make sure to run this boss every week" and now I think "same ol' same ol', might get a good thing if I'm triple lucky". That's always been present in the game, but you used to run targetable things first and then if you had time left you might run some side stuff that could give you something good. Now the entire game is starting to feel like that side stuff.

Unless something really cool gets announced at BlizzCon, I'm probably going to let my subscription run out and take a long break.

Another installment of Tale Plays Free Games on Steam

This time it's Blameless. Experience badly written exposition, wander around a house, look for arbitrary objects that help you open doors so you can repeat this again in the next room, run in circles around a small dirt yard trying to figure out how to open a freaking lock, abandon the game entirely.

Yep, the grind is noticeable in WoW.

Plodding along in ME with my jerkass FemShep Adept. Not liking the play style much though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I always had such mixed feelings about dungeons in Skyrim. They're beautiful, they all their their little stories and those which actually contain unique features are very memorable. But they're just so damn linear, with a convenient shortcut to exit at the end. Not only is it immersion-breaking and makes no sense, it all feels like it undermines the effort spent on making all of these dungeons relevant in some respect. Oh well.

• Like 1

Yep, the grind is noticeable in WoW.

Plodding along in ME with my jerkass FemShep Adept. Not liking the play style much though

I don't even mind the grind, I could grind for weeks if it meant I could accomplish specific goals. But now I'm grinding content where anything could give me unexpected improvement, but nothing will give me an expected improvement. It's rather aimless and that makes it much less rewarding to me.

I always had such mixed feelings about dungeons in Skyrim. They're beautiful, they all their their little stories and those which actually contain unique features are very memorable. But they're just so damn linear, with a convenient shortcut to exit at the end. Not only is it immersion-breaking and makes no sense, it all feels like it undermines the effort spent on making all of these dungeons relevant in some respect. Oh well.

This is my only criticism of Skyrim's dungeons.

Plodding my way through Draenor in WoW, if nothing else it's nice for the nostalgia factor of seeing Draenor before it got turned into the hell-hole that was Outland.

Quests are uninspired as ever though: go free this guy. Oh, and in case you were considering trying something smart that didn't involve murdering your way through the enemy: here's a quest to kill 15 of the enemy's guys. I feel like these areas mostly coast on the nostalgia wave, at least for me.

Anyway, *hate* what they did to the class balance. My mage is as tanky as your average paladin for some reason, and hits like one too. Glass cannon? Yeah no. "Concrete peashooter" more like.

The lack of skill trees totally killed the variety in skills you had as well (after they already murdered utility skills earlier; in Cataclysm or WotLK or so), no more access to Arcane Explosion if you aren't arcane specced. Huzzah and stuff. In general it seems they've continued pushing the Fire mage spec in the wrong direction. I kinda enjoyed how positioning and aggro management were key to getting good DPS out of a Fire mage, now with all these mobility  crutchestools it's just too...streamlined? Honestly, it feels more like playing an Arcane mage in WotLK (which I didn' t quite enjoy as much, so yeah)...

Anyway, will probably work my way through Draenor at least (curious to see Shattrath) after that is up in the air.

Edited by marelooke