What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Hatred hit 2 bucks on Steam so I bit the bullet. I don't regret the 2 bucks, but more than that might be questionable. I enjoy the murder and destruction, but the controls are terrible. Need to boot up Shadows of Mordor again. I got the game of the year upgrade for 2 bucks last week.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm so tempted to play the Witcher 3 again, with the first expansion.  I'm just forcing myself not to because then I'll have to play *another* time when the second expansion is released later this year.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still doing stuff with Train Fever. The transportation system is beginning to annoy the hell out of me again- the so called 20 minute rule for everything, especially for goods. I like to play on big maps with fewer towns, but due to the way the random map generation works, it is possible for industries to be so far apart that you just can't keep the lines going in special cases. Wasted a few hours on a map, then my towns upgrade "too high" and require more goods, which I am unable to produce and because I am unable to produce the situation gets worse and everything is falling apart.

It wouldn't be that much a problem if I would upgrade to high tech trains, but tbh, I like the steam / early electric time period just too much. :/

I really hope they adjust this for Transport Fever. Else it just won't be any fun- occasionally you have to meta game the crap out of it to make stuff work. In situation where you don't have to bother with this stuff, it's a good game now (unlike prior a truckload of patches).

Anyway, I started working on my first Train Fever mod: A black variant of the Milwaukee Road Class EP-2. :>

Lexx this game looks good....are there any Romance options ?

o:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm so tempted to play the Witcher 3 again, with the first expansion.  I'm just forcing myself not to because then I'll have to play *another* time when the second expansion is released later this year.

You must,...but since I'm currently played W3 I'm horribly biased...and I'll probably get to play the expansions as part of my first play through  :dancing:

But I very, very seldom ever replay any game ..in fact only GTA IV, I dont like the fact I know how the game ends with any replay..that's what puts me off 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Still doing stuff with Train Fever. The transportation system is beginning to annoy the hell out of me again- the so called 20 minute rule for everything, especially for goods. I like to play on big maps with fewer towns, but due to the way the random map generation works, it is possible for industries to be so far apart that you just can't keep the lines going in special cases. Wasted a few hours on a map, then my towns upgrade "too high" and require more goods, which I am unable to produce and because I am unable to produce the situation gets worse and everything is falling apart.

It wouldn't be that much a problem if I would upgrade to high tech trains, but tbh, I like the steam / early electric time period just too much. :/

I really hope they adjust this for Transport Fever. Else it just won't be any fun- occasionally you have to meta game the crap out of it to make stuff work. In situation where you don't have to bother with this stuff, it's a good game now (unlike prior a truckload of patches).

Anyway, I started working on my first Train Fever mod: A black variant of the Milwaukee Road Class EP-2. :>

Lexx this game looks good....are there any Romance options ?

o:)

I wish there would be.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Played more GTA Online. Is amusing to get abuse as I have a female characterm as it is so low level. Rather stunning how easy it is to cheat though.

Also will give Star Ruler a go again to absolve myself of the shame of giving up on it earlier due to not grokking it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played more GTA Online. Is amusing to get abuse as I have a female characterm as it is so low level. Rather stunning how easy it is to cheat though.

Also will give Star Ruler a go again to absolve myself of the shame of giving up on it earlier due to not grokking it.

How active is it? I have logged on a  few times and left after about 10 minutes

What abuse do you receive, do you mind going into detail ?

John Milton 

You must,...but since I'm currently played W3 I'm horribly biased...and I'll probably get to play the expansions as part of my first play through  :dancing:

But I very, very seldom ever replay any game ..in fact only GTA IV, I dont like the fact I know how the game ends with any replay..that's what puts me off 

The Witcher 3's ending changes quite a bit depending on your choices.  There's even a potential "boss fight" depending on what you choose.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also, you absolutely have to try and romance both Triss and Yennefer in the same play through.  I learned a hard lesson about trying to have my cake and eating it too.

(On a random note: that's such a silly saying.  Why would you NOT want to eat your cake?!)

• Like 2

Also, you absolutely have to try and romance both Triss and Yennefer in the same play through.  I learned a hard lesson about trying to have my cake and eating it too.

(On a random note: that's such a silly saying.  Why would you NOT want to eat your cake?!)

I am crazy about Triss, I always want to Romance her ..I'm not use to Yennefer and I would expect her to show me more attention in the future if she expects Romance  :wub:

This game is everything I could ask for  any non-isometric RPG....seriously its amazing how much thought went into design and questing, also the crafting and alchemy is very interesting 

• Like 1

John Milton 

Ended up with a few extra bucks on my last paycheck so I preordered Stellaris. The Extraterrestrial Thursday streams have me convinced I will like it and I want to support Paradox.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

How does Banner Saga 2 handle choices you made in the previous game? Do you need to have kept your save file or be relegated to a pre-determined world state? Are the choices at all meaningful or entirely superficial?

Edited by Serrano

Started Offworld Trading Company, which is fantastic. Designed by Soren Johnson, lead designer/programmer of Civ IV.

An economic warfare RTS that's not gonna kill twitch-deficient players. Really well polished.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I am crazy about Triss, I always want to Romance her ..I'm not use to Yennefer and I would expect her to show me more attention in the future if she expects Romance  :wub:

This game is everything I could ask for  any non-isometric RPG....seriously its amazing how much thought went into design and questing, also the crafting and alchemy is very interesting 

Play the card game, Gwent.  I swear I thought it was dumb when I first started playing TW3, but by the end of the game I was absolutely hooked and spent time looking for the best cards.  It's an addictive game.

• Like 1

Finished my Long War campaign, Normal Ironman. Final mission was a complete walkover, just a sort of victory lap for having fought through the rest of the campaign I guess,

Final statistics:

Overall Score: 15628
Days until Victory: 604
Battles Won: 294
Battles Lost: 1 (This was a zero-casualty extraction from a month-two landed Transport)
Aliens Killed: 5242
Soldiers Lost: 3
Average Shot %: 75.9
Average Damage per Shot: 8.7
Average Number of Turns per Battle: 15.0
Aliens Killed by Explosives: 405
Days Spent in Infirmary: 10940
UFOs Shot Down: 136
Total Credits Earned: 75526

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

To those who are playing/have played the Division, does it really get better?  I was turned off the game because of the beginning.  It was so empty and nothing was going on other than the mission you're given.

I'm having trouble convincing myself to give it another go because of how boring the first part is.

I started playing The Detail.  It's an episodic point & click crime drama.  My stance on episodic games is similar to my stance on early access.  I have no issue with the format existing I just won't buy it until it's finished, in the case of episodic games that means all the episodes are out.  The 3rd and final episode came out a couple days ago so I scooped it up.  Not exactly the funny and lighthearted point & click I have an itch to play, quite the polar opposite in fact, but I do really like police/detective games, and not shooters where you just happen to be wearing blue instead of camo or brown, but police games where you follow proper procedures (or break them if you're playing a crooked cop or a loose cannon) and investigate crimes.  The first 2 episodes got pretty good reviews, though I've avoided all story discussion like the plague, and this seemed right up my alley, so I took the plunge.  The game seems quite dark and gritty and it has a really nice comic book style presentation.  It looks like it presents you with choices during gameplay too, a few of which seem like they're time sensitive, though no telling yet whether the choices have meaningful impact or are simply window dressing.  The answer may require a second playthrough or a thorough reading of a detailed review.  I'm not going to consider either of those until I finish my first playthrough.  Seems pretty cool so far, though I'm just getting started.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To those who are playing/have played the Division, does it really get better?  I was turned off the game because of the beginning.  It was so empty and nothing was going on other than the mission you're given.

I'm having trouble convincing myself to give it another go because of how boring the first part is.

Are you still in the tutorial area?  It should only take about an hour to get out of there.  I enjoyed it quite a bit once I took back city hall and started exploring the whole New York area.

Play the card game, Gwent.  I swear I thought it was dumb when I first started playing TW3, but by the end of the game I was absolutely hooked and spent time looking for the best cards.  It's an addictive game.

Its so weird you raised because I have been avoiding playing  Gwent for exactly the reason you mentioned, its probably the only part of the game I have ignored because I thought it seemed silly 

John Milton 

Me currently in Dankest Souls 3:

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Also noticed I only have 11 sun medals by now. Kinda gets tiresome.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."