What you did today

Blarghagh

Hope you guys don't get the idiot sitting next to you that I had :)

I got a pleasant girl next to me but had a shrill New Yorkah and her kids in front.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dang, rough 24h there Oerwinde. Hope the recharge goes well. :thumbsup:

This years "immedite family" Christmas party was at my brother in laws this year so we cruised over there. Good food, good times. On the presents front, I finally got to open that set of Craftsman ratchet wrenches I bought myself. So shiny. :wub:

That was 24th AND 25th.

Yeah, recharge went well. Up till 4 am, but unlike usual didn't need to take melatonin to get to sleep. Progressed a bit through the story and the Railroad questline, got Curie her synth body and gave her some glasses. So now I have a hot french scientist with glasses with a legendary laser rifle following me around.

Figured out why I couldn't buy digital games off amazon, wrong credit card selected. So I used that credit towards Vampire Bloodlines, Skyrim Legendary Edition, and Wolfenstein The New Order. So I feel better.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I upgraded to Windows 10. It was surprisingly easy. I think it might be a trap, though.

For the most part I like it. It made Dragon age Inquisition run faster. It is much less stable than 7 was though. And one of the mandatory updates made my pc unbootable and I had to roll it back

Devastatorsig.jpg

I upgraded to Windows 10. It was surprisingly easy. I think it might be a trap, though.

For the most part I like it. It made Dragon age Inquisition run faster. It is much less stable than 7 was though. And one of the mandatory updates made my pc unbootable and I had to roll it back

Come on, Oerwinde! You've only listed the bad bits, but you say you like it!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Come on, Oerwinde! You've only listed the bad bits, but you say you like it! :biggrin:

Its slick and fast. Everything is easy to get to with the integrated search and such. It boots much quicker than 7 did. The mandatory updates and stability issues are really the only down side, but I think many of the stability issues are due to outdated drivers, a lot of companies seem to be behind in releasing drivers for win10.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Going fishing

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm cooking river speck for dinner with onions and potatoes.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

^Nice!

I went out and bought more handtools that I already have with the intention of replacing my old ones. The old ones are perfectly fine, but hey, whats Christmas if you don't piss away some bonus monies on eyecandy Ive been admiring? Also got a creeper seat (little rolling bench) because sitting on the garage floor to work on stuff is for chumps.

Come on, Oerwinde! You've only listed the bad bits, but you say you like it! :biggrin:

Its slick and fast. Everything is easy to get to with the integrated search and such. It boots much quicker than 7 did. The mandatory updates and stability issues are really the only down side, but I think many of the stability issues are due to outdated drivers, a lot of companies seem to be behind in releasing drivers for win10.

Oerwinde I meant to say I'm sorry about the horrific Xmas you seemed to have and I sincerely mean that but I thought you said you weren't getting your son any presents because he broke some appliance? It sounded like he did indeed get presents but I may have misunderstood that part?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oerwinde I meant to say I'm sorry about the horrific Xmas you seemed to have and I sincerely mean that but I thought you said you weren't getting your son any presents because he broke some appliance? It sounded like he did indeed get presents but I may have misunderstood that part?

Wife ruled against it. He's spoiled.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wife ruled against it. He's spoiled.

:lol:

I imagine you felt a lesson needed to be learnt and I get that as thats how you were probably raised and that does makes sense...its about children understanding and appreciating consequences. 

But I can also see your wifes point, I would think  not giving a child a present on Xmas  can be really cruel and have a possible  negative impact on overall progressive mental well being?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I found a fly in my fridge.

Does it have freezing powers? If it bites you, will you become the Amazing Icefly! , latest nemesis of Spiderman?

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, if your child is horribly spoiled and can't handle not getting a present on Christmas, it might indeed affect their current psyche. The good news is, they're already horribly spoiled and probably aren't salvageable anyways. :D

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well, what if the present is food for the day. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I would think  not giving a child a present on Xmas  can be really cruel and have a possible  negative impact on overall progressive mental well being?

What  :lol:

Yes ...its been proven. One year I was denied any presents despite the fact all 5 of my siblings got, I was 6....it was very depressing and made me feel really really insecure, its psychologically hurtful. Obviously I recovered but what about other kids ? 

John Milton