What you did today

Blarghagh

Ok, so Ros wins. Yikes.  Glad you've recovered big guy.

Oh yeah, on that note I got the final clear from neuropsychology the other day. Absolutely free of major and detectable lingering effects. So now I don't have that excuse any more when trying to get out of responsibilities   :getlost:

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

Usual weekend of screaming and arguing, if not for hearing damage it wouldn't be so much of a problem :lol:. Though I think the TV volume is at an assaulting level sometimes so.

Finally got my Thinkpad refurb updated and installed VS on it. So now to learn C# again or something to aid in new job.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Usual weekend of screaming and arguing, if not for hearing damage it wouldn't be so much of a problem :lol:. Though I think the TV volume is at an assaulting level sometimes so.

Finally got my Thinkpad refurb updated and installed VS on it. So now to learn C# again or something to aid in new job.

I didn't realize you got married, Malc.   :dancing:

So, me and my girlfriend got a puppy. Picked him up last saturday so it's about 9 weeks now (8 weeks when we picked him up).

Day after he got home with us, he starts shooting off diarrhea and puking like mad. Whelp... decide to hold off for a day at least and see if he recovers. Feels better the day after during the morning, but in the afternoon it starts again. Poor guy can't even hold down the water he drinks, it comes up a couple of minutes later.

Off to the animal hospital and he stays the night. He's better now thankfully but that little excursion cost us nearly as much as the puppy itself. Damn. And it stressed us out really badly.

A week later and we're kinda getting into the swing of things of having a puppy. The constant running back and forth when he needs to pee and crap is pretty old already though, and him wanting to eat every single thing on the ground is also maddening.

On the plus side, we've already managed to train him to almost ignore our cat (who's also getting used to the dog already, very surprised by that). So whenever kitty comes by, puppy can actually just stand still, and not run up to the cat, with some vocal guiding from us. Very pleased with that. He appears to be a really quick learner.

Still, I can't wait until we can sleep an entire night without having to do the "go out in the middle of the cold and rainy night for a pee" routine.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I didn't realize you got married, Malc. :dancing:

Oh no, live at home still. Marriage seems like too much work for the gain you get, at least from my last poll.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not that Bleu isn't doing it for me ... it is ... I just think Chanel and Dior for men look good next to each other in the cabinet. I saw this today and now I might have to have it, unless the citrus emphasis leans too flowery ... lavender is unacceptable in any form. I'll stop by the counter and confirm. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PTkwZ1p0DI

*Counter confirmation edit: okay, better than okay, no lavender, no pretension. Dior Sauvage exceeds the allure of an Audi R8 V-10 in the garage.  

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Fixed a toilet like a champion. Refill valve unit failed ... wouldn't stop filling the tank, so, I replaced it with a new refill valve unit ... now it's quieter, faster, uses less water. I'm pretty much a certified plumber now, so, if you need something repaired or whatever, give me a call. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

I went to the gym and cleaned my mom's house before she has chemo on Wednesday. Currently drinking a stout while Maria takes a shower.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I had to go to court this morning for work. I'm back home now. One nice thing about being a civil servant is the hours are flexible.

Wait... you work for the government now???

---

*mumbles something about if you can't beat them...*

:p

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I had to go to court this morning for work. I'm back home now. One nice thing about being a civil servant is the hours are flexible.

---

GD has basically become Ron Swanson.  I think he even told them in the interview that he wasn't qualified for the job and didn't really want it.

ron-swanson-eliminate.jpg

• Like 2

You and a gym?

No, I went to the gym and was at home waiting for the gf to get out of the shower.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I did some 105kg / 230lbs shoulder push presses, awesome exercise. But you should not do them while wearing a long sleeved shirt, it will pinch so hard at the inside of your arms you'll get bruises. (Look much worse in RL)

GABarm12_zpsy327qb7w.jpg

Crap, I like lifting with a long sleeve shirt. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

---

GD has basically become Ron Swanson.  I think he even told them in the interview that he wasn't qualified for the job and didn't really want it.

ron-swanson-eliminate.jpg

:lol:  That's almost exactly how it went. And they hired me anyway! That might be the biggest anti-government argument of all time! 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

---

Well, it's the State government, not leviathan-on-the-Potomac.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got my friend a dip pen, she's knitting sweaters for my dogs so need something in response. Also found out we have 4 hour meeting on corporate branding that I suspect will be like this ;

I made sauce with my own chili and noodles, it was just the perfect amount of hotness. Super awesome. 

I also made some pictures of the night sky which is, for some reason, particularly beautiful tonight. Maybe it has something to do with the cooler air temperature. 

nightsky%20facebook_zpsusuwohwu.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 4

Waah, I gonna have to go to the doc tomorrow. I just found out that the left side of my rib cage protrudes compared to my right side, and one rip is enlarged. Its quite noticeable when touching both sides at the same time. 

Not the slightest idea what that could be, it does not seem to be a mechanical problem since I did some very heavy lifts and 105kg overhead push presses today, it does not hurt, I feel pretty good and my last blood screening was excellent. I hope its nothing serious. 

Edited by Woldan

As far as I know, it's pretty normal for stuff like that to not be perfectly symmetrical. My ribs are also slightly misaligned, with one rib in particular jutting out a bit more than the one on the other side does...and it's been that way for quite some time, as far as I can remember. ...Hey, let me know if I should also go to the doctor, O.K.? :p If stuff like that actually has a high tendency for like tumors or something, RIP myself, as I probably have some late stage cancer or something that I'll discover soon, :(.

No, seriously, do let us know what happens. lol

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yes, please do, my lower left ribs are poking out quite a bit aswell, need to know if I have to give up the job on monday if it turns out it is terminal! :)

Was'nt Aluminiumtrioxid supposed to be studying medicine? Wonder what his thoughts are. :)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

While walking my dog, he suddenly perked up and burst into a run (well ok, a trot for a human), got a good laugh when it was a blonde lady rather than a squirrel like I expected. Dog has some issues.

There's actually a sound story as to how this happened, but I think it's funnier to leave you all guessing and wondering. NSFW image: http://i.imgur.com/4Lyk67i.png

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'm flying to the coast in few hours to see my family and coming back on Sunday. I have taken leave for today and I am looking forward to a  few days of  fun in the sun and spending time just relaxing  :dancing:

I have never ever shown you guys what Durban looks like, its a coastal town and has many cool restaurants and bars right on the beach. Here are some  images that someone else has taken and I think they do an accurate job of covering what Durban is like 

http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-photos/durban.html

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela