What you did today

Blarghagh

Since I didn't get this in before the last thread closed I'd just like to say Shady, that T-shirt gets an awesome rating of 4.5 out of 5.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The trolling will simply shift into the more important sections of that site, it was a pretty stupid decision. Those who think the place will be cleaner now are delusional, the opposite will happen.

Also I'm a member in many big theme-specific forums and none have any problem with the OT Section.- Its a shame to see a big company like Bioware lacking the professionalism to run a social network, so many others can do it, BW failed miserably on so many levels, and long before the axing of the OT section.

I was mostly meaning that for some time (IMO) the Bio boards haven't seemed like they wanted to be a community. So I'm surprised they didn't toast the off-topic forum much, much earlier

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Today I harvested and tried my first self grown chili peppers, this specific pepper has about 577000 scoville, its among the the most potent chili peppers in the world. One pepper was enough for an entire meal (Steak). I'm happy they grow so well.- 

chiliwoldan_zpsbabk1dxy.jpg

• Like 6

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Nothing tastes better than the stuff you grow yourself.

I spent the day, and yesterday, and tomorrow no doubt working on a Method of Procedure to rework the Lauderdale River levee with C350 composite turf reinforcement matting under a karst/silica fill and elevating the breach point .78 meters over a 70 km2 area leading to the Ft Pillow basin. It's not as dull as it sounds but it is a lot of work.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Self grown stuff is the real deal. I even go step further and use the seeds from my plants next year. This year I harvested about 0.5 Kg parsnip seeds, thats good enough for (very rough guess) 2000-3000 plants or so. 

I've got 2 acres planted in corn right now. I was half considering building a still. I've got plenty of wood, freshwater, & corn. But nah, I prefer aged whiskey.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Are we going to start our own survivalist community? Because I would be interested in that.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Today I harvested and tried my first self grown chili peppers, this specific pepper has about 577000 scoville, its among the the most potent chili peppers in the world. One pepper was enough for an entire meal (Steak). I'm happy they grow so well.- 

chiliwoldan_zpsbabk1dxy.jpg

I grow my own jalapenos and herbs so I can confirm this. I won't deny being jealous of Woldan's (ghost) peppers though.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

a Method of Procedure to rework the Lauderdale River levee with C350 composite turf reinforcement matting under a karst/silica fill and elevating the breach point .78 meters over a 70 km2 area leading to the Ft Pillow basin.

Talkin' dirty, no one does it better.  ;)

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Not going to lie, I spent most of the day on the Pillars of Eternity subforum, contemplating whether or not it was viable to use the new expansion's toys to teach a wizard kung-fu. I was so tickled by the idea, I blogged furiously about it on multiple platforms.

Congrats on your peppers, though!

• Like 1

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Are we going to start our own survivalist community? Because I would be interested in that.

I've always wanted a completely self sustaining farm. I'm close but not real close.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Thats a lot. Did you have to use any pesticides? 

Yeah I use a product made be Sevin, it's a very fine dust. My biggest pest is ants though so I'm actually really lucky. My place is 24.5 acres. When I bought it it was almost all wooded. But I've cleared about 15 acres of it now. That's all though. The rest slants downhill towards a creek bottom that drains into Cold Creek. I like that part being wooded. I like to just sit by the creek down there and listen to the birds. That's great stress therapy I've found. 

Thomas Sowell

Lately I have to stay late at work... Yesterday until 12pm (it's that illegal without overtime pay or something?) Can't go till the damn company website is updated, but I'm not even in charge of it! I just want to get home to play White March. +my girlfriend is bitching at me to come home earlier. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Sorry for the whining... no other outlets... 

And here is my self grown yellow lantern chili, as far as I know scoville of around 1000000. Its very hot, and surprisingly very tasty too. 

You should put something else in the picture to give a sense of size, like a  can of coke or a quarter.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Rather annoyed at the guy I paid to make a desk for me, we'd bought from them before a couple of times and it went well. This time though, 3 weeks estimate for desk became 3 months and they're still BS'ing and lying to my face. Heh, well, apparently one of them is going to be dead soon from heart trouble, so I guess I'm not getting my money back. Marge really was right about Mennonites :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And here is my self grown yellow lantern chili, as far as I know scoville of around 1000000. Its very hot, and surprisingly very tasty too.

You should put something else in the picture to give a sense of size, like a  can of coke or a quarter.

What for, those lantern chili are all about the size of a thumb.

Thats a lot. Did you have to use any pesticides?

Yeah I use a product made be Sevin, it's a very fine dust. My biggest pest is ants though so I'm actually really lucky.

Ah, thats unfortunate, one of the reasons I grow my own stuff is that I don't have to use pesticides. How much would you lose if you didn't use any chemicals, any rough guesses?

Edited by Woldan