What you did today

Blarghagh

They are putting me under for it.  I am old and it is a bit of a complicated procedure.  It is a 3-day weekend, so I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday.

Check your zipper before they put you under and then again when you come to, if you're able

Something about anesthesia makes your fly open up... or maybe that's just me :ermm:

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

They are putting me under for it.  I am old and it is a bit of a complicated procedure.  It is a 3-day weekend, so I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday.

Check your zipper before they put you under and then again when you come to, if you're able

Something about anesthesia makes your fly open up... or maybe that's just me :ermm:

:lol:  :lol:

Dude that must the funniest thing you have ever said on these forums....it really cracked me up

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I want to share something with you guys just so you can understand some of the SJ debates and challengers people like me who as white South Africans are  committed to the multiracial economic transformation of the country have to grapple with . I'm not complaining but this article is from a relatively new group of young disillusioned black South Africans "intellectuals " who are determined to rediscover black consciousness in South Africa and have decided that white people are the reason for all the lack of achievement in black culture. This type of thing doesn't annoy or anger me ...its just misplaced. Try to read it if you are able

http://vanguardmagazine.co.za/of-coconuts-land-and-friendships-a-generational-schism-in-madibas-rainbow/

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce one of the top 10 reasons why the world is a f----d up place is most folks genuinely think that if they're life is a mess it must be someone else's' fault. It's not the #1 reason but it is definitely in the top 10.

And nearly everyone who thinks that is wrong.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bruce one of the top 10 reasons why the world is a f----d up place is most folks genuinely think that if they're life is a mess it must be someone else's' fault. It's not the #1 reason but it is definitely in the top 10.

And nearly everyone who thinks that is wrong.

You right, for me I want to understand how this group of black South Africans could have become so bitter that they seem to believe that white people are still repressing them and treating them like slaves ? Its a failure of our transformation and it disappoints me 

John Milton 

Interesting, I phoned in on this typically black talk show and asked the Talk Show host who I know is very pro black consciousness about that website and why they feel the need to say " I don't like white people " ...she actually knows the two editors who made all these anti-white articles. She actually defended it and said " whats wrong with saying I don't like white people " ...I told her  " well how can you say you dont like a whole racial group " 

Anyway it appeared she is okay to say that. I''ll be continuing to challenge that websites view....I don't care what they think. Racism is racism even if its not the same from black people. I am surprised that there black people who seem so militant but thats fine, I wont take offense 

John Milton 

Paid bills. I'm enjoying my new less than half of what I paid before phone bill but I really need to find a way to reduce my cable bill. Problem is that I don't have any other options where I live because Centurylink's website doesn't even work half the time and the speeds they offer are decent for about 10 years ago so I'm stuck with Comcast. 

Complain, complain

Free games updated 3/4/21

Working out a plan to redecorate the loft in my house. My wife and I have an agreement. The rest of the house is her territory. Her design choices are law. But it stops at the stairs. When I had this place built I picked this floor plan specifically for the loft. It's my office, my sanctuary. It's got the big window looking out down the hill towards the creek. A built a big desk in the room (meaning it AIN'T moving). But other than that I never did much with it. Just a few bookshelves over loaded with books. I have too many books, thousands I'd think. Boxes in the closet, boxes in the loft. I had an idea to build bookshelves right into the wall up here. Ceiling to floor, corner to corner. It would look like a library then.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You're reminding me of why I made the switch to ebooks...that, and I loathe the feeling of paper. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You're reminding me of why I made the switch to ebooks...that, and I loathe the feeling of paper. :p

Got a kindle with a lot of stuff on it too!

Thomas Sowell

You're reminding me of why I made the switch to ebooks...that, and I loathe the feeling of paper. tongue.png

Heretic.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You're reminding me of why I made the switch to ebooks...that, and I loathe the feeling of paper. tongue.png

Heretic.

That's weird actually ..I try not to sound rude to people on forums  but not liking the feeling of paper goes against everything that people say about this topic . People who are traditional readers always prefer the tactile experience of a book but we all use eBooks for convenient sake 

John Milton 

I have despised the feeling of paper since I was a child. Nevertheless, I've always been an avid reader...so ebooks, whether I'm reading them on a tablet or on my desktop (I actually prefer reading ebooks on my desktop over all other devices), are quite the blessing for me.

Paper, whether it's regular sheet paper, card board, tissue paper, or whatever else...is a horrid feeling thing. If I could avoid touching the stuff for the rest of my life, that would be great. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I have despised the feeling of paper since I was a child. Nevertheless, I've always been an avid reader...so ebooks, whether I'm reading them on a tablet or on my desktop (I actually prefer reading on my desktop), are quite the blessing for me.

Sure, I believe you but I was being honest when I said  thats not the normal response :)

John Milton 

I also can't stand anything chalk-y feeling, anything fuzzy, anything satin-y-feeling, or anything microfiber-y. Life's tough when you're Bartimaeus. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

I also can't stand anything chalk-y feeling, anything fuzzy, anything satin-y-feeling, or anything microfiber-y. Life's tough when you're Bartimaeus. :p

Its good to be different ...I am very different, eccentric actually  ;)

John Milton 

Oh, so just a freak then, not a heretic. Carry on. I like my Kindle, being able to increase the font size is good for people with awful eyesight like myself, but I do enjoy the convenience of a regular book.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, so just a freak then

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. Certain textures irritate and/or shock my senses, and paper is unfortunately one of them, and it does both. :( So although I obviously can't avoid it as much as I'd like, I avoid it as much as I can. :p

Was joking, but yes, I understand that kind of reaction to a sensory input. Certain colours irritate me for example, those shiny colours - electric or something? - do that for me.

• Like 1

Was joking, but yes, I understand that kind of reaction to a sensory input. Certain colours irritate me for example, those shiny colours - electric or something? - do that for me.

I'm  sorry another weird person  :p Nothing physical or visual irritates me...but I tend to over-analyze things which can be vexing in its own way

John Milton 

Leaving for Mexico (Riviera Maya) tomorrow morning for 5 days and 4 nights. See you chumps later.

Don't get kidnapped by cartels. Airshow in town, hope I can see some aircraft - one year had the Blue Angels fly over my house low and slow, was nice.

Edited by Malcador

Watch some college football. The season has finally started.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ordered a log bar aka Swiss bar, the hammer grip is better and healthier for the shoulder, and more weight can be pressed when doing heavy shoulder presses. 

Looks like this:

swiss-bar.png

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.