What you did today

Blarghagh

I have pangs of sadness whenever I see a Jeep Grand Cherokee, because I miss mine so much.  But every time I fill up at the pump, I get a reminder of why I had to let it go.  

Although my Ford Fusion Hybrid has been a pain in the rear with maintenance.  I'm not getting a hybrid ever again, I'll stick to something that is simply more fuel efficient.  I'm thinking about the Mazda3 or 6.  

Really? Hmm, I haven't had any issues with my hybrid other than the entertainment system that I mentioned. Is it something specific to the Fusion?

I want to get a Tesla but I don't know if I can justify the cost with shame, guilt, and discomfort of spending money on myself

Free games updated 3/4/21

... the loaner they gave me is an SUV and I hate it something fierce. So much so that I don't go anywhere for anything unless I absolutely have to. Trying to park it back in the garage is a nightmare unless all the surrounding spots are empty. I feel like I'm back in Florence trying to squeeze my rental through some of those tiny "streets"

Does it say QX on the back ... pretty sure those are Roman Numerals for, "land yacht." Even down here I almost never see big ol' SUVs in underground parking ... concrete pillars, four-foot wide stalls ...

Today is clean-house day, then back to TWD S5. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Really? Hmm, I haven't had any issues with my hybrid other than the entertainment system that I mentioned. Is it something specific to the Fusion?

I want to get a Tesla but I don't know if I can justify the cost with shame, guilt, and discomfort of spending money on myself

I probably should add that I bought it as a former rental car, which was a big mistake.  Never again.  It is probably a pretty nice car if you buy it new.

Got a new fountain pen and going to get a new laptop, a refurbished T420. All in all, a decent Friday.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Marveled at the fact that while I have no enemies in real life and have never given anyone a bad impression, I am notoriously hated online.

Today I got two instances of news related to this. First I got a random reddit notification where someone typed my username to "summon" me to the discussion. The reference was so god damned vague...basically maybe two weeks ago I criticized that a certain youtuber had begun "selling out" and acting like the typical PewDiePie guy, with clickbait titles, tons of "WOW LOOK AT THAT THING THAT HAPPENED" reactions and high energy. That youtuber released a video today, and some random guy summoned me to rub it in my face that (in his opinion) the video title wasn't clickbait-y like I'd claimed so many of his videos are. Just weirded me out that wtf the guy bothered to remember my screenname over something so stupid and trivial, and of course he was immediately hostile towards me when I responded and said "wtf."

The other instance, a friend of mine wanted some advice about trying TF2's 6v6 format for the first time. I play Highlander only (a different format), so she messaged a guy we'd met in a casual competitive-style game to ask him about it since she knew he played it. So she messages him and asks him about it and what to do, and out of flipping nowhere, the guy asks if she still plays with me, she answers yes, and then he just started trash talking me like crazy. Like he just stopped her early into her questions and changed the subject to how much I suck. I have barely even spoken to this guy, never said a hostile word for the life of me, and never had a conflict with him. She and I are both weirded out by this, wondering if perhaps this other girl I "fought" with is spreading rumors about me or something ("fought" as in team needed a sniper, invited her to trial, she was a totally rude little **** about it making comments like "this isn't my trial, they're trialing to see if they're good enough to have me," so I told her she was being a rude little ****, long story short she showed her lying and manipulative side and started making stuff up in attempt to guilt-trip me for criticizing her, so the moment I caught her in a lie I told her to grow up and **** off before deleting her, saying I don't have patience for liars) OR if the guy is another weirdo who hits on every single female online ever and considers me his "competition," so he's trying to look tough by talking trash.

EITHER WAY, point is the internet, it's culture, and perhaps even my own presentation of myself online? All mighty interesting. These are hardly the first examples of someone online that I don't even know quasi-"stalking" me or some guy I've never offended in any way whatsoever deciding he hates my guts, either. Just interesting to see how differently real life and online can play out. It sort of has me sitting here wondering "how much of this is the internet being the internet, and how much of this is me simply being naive about how petty some people are and not really noticing it's effects as dramatically as they are online."

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

$127G but it just broke Consumer Reports rating system.

3.5 seconds 0-60 mother of god

Have not seen that model on the road yet ... the standard Model S is about every third car on the 5.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I've been spending the last few days working on my front room after work to create a bit of a man cave/bar.  Now I've got a pretty decent setup with my sonos player set to the baseball game and a cold beer in hand while I play around on the computer.  Life is good.  

I still need to buy or build an actual bar, and get some good chairs.  I've got a TV coming next week.  I wish I had carpenter skills.

• Like 1

Ordered a fancy new monitor this week and had it delivered to my workplace (since if you live in the part of town where I do, you'd sooner trust your sister to Hugh Hefner than your package not getting stolen from your apartment's doorstep while you and your roommates are out at work). Problem was it arrived today, a lot sooner than I expected, on a day where I took the Gixxer to work rather than my car. So I had to leave it under my desk over the weekend, and hope the the technicians don't get any funny ideas when they do their rounds in the studio.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Wow...what a busy weekend. I was partying on Thursday and Friday with a girl I met. Then today I was suppose to fly to the coast for my Dads birthday but I was delayed at the parking area  and missed the flight by 3 minutes....so I have changed my flight for 2 weeks time. Obviously I was disappointed because most of family would have been there but I will see them in 2 weeks

Then my mother phoned to lecture me about not getting to airports in time and how I " need to sort my life out " and " how my dad doesn't have many birthdays left " (and  they not even married )

This of course annoyed me as the reality is I am an  independent, grown man who has a good job in the private sector, his own house, pays all his bills  and has numerous SJ activities I am involved in...I don't think my mother needs to tell me about proper decorum  o:) She means well but in her world birthdays are REALLY significant ...well for me the actual day is not as important as time I could spend with my dad in two weeks 

Also there is this new video exposing "systemic racism in a certain South African university ". Its an emotional video but the conclusion now people are drawing is there is  a " culture of prevalent racism in all South African universities and all White Afrikaans males are unrepentant racists"

Obviously I can't accept these types of uninformed generalizations so I have been busy on various radio stations disputing this

I would like to see if anyone can give me an opinion on this video and tell me what they think?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bought a pair of glow-in-the-dark shark-infested flip-flops. 

d22f10ab-a286-4535-9793-a0bdad3275ff_zps

And a pair of sea-side themed. 

havamblue500_zpsgzsi0woq.jpg

Havaianas are not expensive, but very comfortable, you may inadvertently mumble Portuguese. 'Obrigado' and 'muito prazer' are my favorites.    

All Stop. On Screen.

Power has been out since noon yesterday. Windstorm left like half a million people without power in BC yesterday, still almost a quarter million without now. Had to go to a restaurant for breakfast and to charge my phone.

Wind wiped out my small crop of 6 cornstalks too.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just got a letter from the workplace (Delivering newspapers and some mail/packages) where I work sundays to cover for my friend (So that he can get pissed on saturdays) about the restructuring of the districts they are going to do, and it's about as bad as the rumors said.

The districts are going to be nearly 50% bigger, wich is'nt so bad for me on sundays, but everyone that works the weekdays when there is a full compliment of papers and mail, and that are already done late with their deliveries are'nt going to be done until 10am (supposed to be done at 6am)...

Fortunately I got a call today from another company I've contacted and was called for an interview one wednesday, woohoo! :dancing:

I was hoping to get a district on my own at the other place, but with this new restructuring I'm not interested anymore. I love the free time you get from working there, the new place is utter ****e when it comes to that though since you work during the afternoon and more hours per day. You do get weekends off though. And slightly more money, wich I don't give a **** about overall - I'd rather have the free time.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It seems my clutch is broken on this Monday. I'm feeling bleh and can't get my ass in gear.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The school holidays end later this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I just really enjoy things that fit well in my hands. Or on my feet, as per above.

lunarwhiteyeahright_zpskw2alyi6.jpg

Equip yourself with the Xbox One Special Edition Lunar White Wireless Controller, featuring a rubberized diamond grip for control and comfort. Impulse Triggers deliver fingertip vibration feedback, so you can feel every jolt and crash in high definition. Responsive thumbsticks and an enhanced D-pad provide greater precision.

I didn't pre-order today, I just saw it and wanted it, since I've never not wanted a rubberized diamond grip on anything. 

All Stop. On Screen.