What you did today

Blarghagh

Ah, thats unfortunate, one of the reasons I grow my own stuff is that I don't have to use pesticides. How much would you lose if you didn't use any chemicals, any rough guesses?

During the spring when caterpillars are doing their thing there is a good chance to lose a whole crop. They are seriously destructive. As for what how much damage the ants can do I don't know. I don't let them get out of control. As par as four legged pests the best repellent for them is dog urine. I think Tommy & Sunny do more the keep rabbits and raccoons away than a fence ever will.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Watching the story of the reporter getting killed on air, crazy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Found out what happened to "SHIELD" Agent Jasper Sitwell after the Winter Soldier forcibly ejected him from a moving vehicle ... he survived and became a police officer in Atlanta exactly the same time as the zombie apocalypse, Season Five, episode seven. Or episode eight ... 

Max Hernández is premium talent. I didn't recognize him for two whole scenes.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I have an unscheduled meeting in Memphis today. I'm going to surprise my wife with lunch. Good thing she doesn't read this board or it wouldn't be a surprise!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have an unscheduled meeting in Memphis today. I'm going to surprise my wife with lunch. Good thing she doesn't read this board or it wouldn't be a surprise!

She probably does read this board, she uses the name "obyknven" when posting.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

She probably does read this board, she uses the name "obyknven" when posting.

:lol:

Thomas Sowell

Arguing with a certain online hotel reservation site thingie. The name of the site in question has two parts. First part: a miniature giant space hamster. Second part: a clash of that is the tile of the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire.

I am increasingly displeased and disconcerted with them. It seems that they are knowingly mismanaging customer's credit card information. So beginning to think that I should warn friends not to use that site.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Arguing with a certain online hotel reservation site thingie. The name of the site in question has two parts. First part: a miniature giant space hamster. Second part: a clash of that is the tile of the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire.

I am increasingly displeased and disconcerted with them. It seems that they are knowingly mismanaging customer's credit card information. So beginning to think that I should warn friends not to use that site.

It is early in the morning and it took me way too long to solve your riddle.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with the Boo Kings, but they must be scary indeed.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sounds like some crappy alternative band, to me.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You mean Barneys New York? They have a Beverly Hills store, I'll run up there and grab whatever you need. Wives need gifts. 

Thanks, I appreciate that but no need now as I called customer service and they fixed it. I'm assuming with hugs and song and the power of friendship

A new purse or two arriving tomorrow and while I really don't see the appeal I caught her eyeing them and sighing wistfully

I didn't figure it out until Amentep posted

PS When is a good time to travel to Greece? When the weather is still (if it isn't always) nice but the tourists have mostly gone home

Free games updated 3/4/21

PS When is a good time to travel to Greece? When the weather is still (if it isn't always) nice but the tourists have mostly gone home

September start of October is still good. Then from April onward is also great. April is a great time because you see green and flowers. Sometime in May the archeological sites for example are cleared to prevent fire hazards. That can mean that the same location has a completly different atmosphere. And I'd wager that the green scene is closer to the historical truth than the sterile one the archeologists create in the high season.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So my car has been in the shop since yesterday because the entertainment system stopped working some time ago and while I don't mind the lack of music very much it also means that I can no longer answer calls in my car. They couldn't fix it yesterday and I just got a call from them saying they had to order a new audio system and they should have it hopefully completed by tomorrow. Normally I wouldn't mind them taking so long but the loaner they gave me is an SUV and I hate it something fierce. So much so that I don't go anywhere for anything unless I absolutely have to. Trying to park it back in the garage is a nightmare unless all the surrounding spots are empty. I feel like I'm back in Florence trying to squeeze my rental through some of those tiny "streets"

So, apparently I will be spending the next few days in Tallinn.

Before I click "like", is that a good or bad thing?

Hmm, I liked Tallinn so I assumed this was a good thing but now I'm not so sure. You know what they say about when you assume things?

Yep, sometimes you're wrong

Went to sleep and began thinking about how much my life would change if I were to turn into a vampire. Mostly it sucked but on the upside I wouldn't take drunken naps with weird thoughts. Cool concept for a story though.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's a good thing I guess, in the sense that I will get some spontaneous vacation. It's a bit bad in the sense that I can't work from here. Although I do have a bit of money to burn, and the CPI here is 60-70% of the CPI in Sweden IIRC. ;)

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

So my car has been in the shop since yesterday because the entertainment system stopped working some time ago and while I don't mind the lack of music very much it also means that I can no longer answer calls in my car. They couldn't fix it yesterday and I just got a call from them saying they had to order a new audio system and they should have it hopefully completed by tomorrow. Normally I wouldn't mind them taking so long but the loaner they gave me is an SUV and I hate it something fierce. So much so that I don't go anywhere for anything unless I absolutely have to. Trying to park it back in the garage is a nightmare unless all the surrounding spots are empty. I feel like I'm back in Florence trying to squeeze my rental through some of those tiny "streets"

we got one o' those bmw x5 suv monstrosities and we hate it.  the thing is, we got multiple dogs.  given enough time and patience, we likely coulda' trained the border collies to use wet-wipes before  jumping into the back seat o' a sedan, but the two muts is a bit less clever. we needed a dog friendly vehicle. the suv has enough room for the critters... though is less spacious than one might assume.  personally, we miss our old ford ranger pickup.  engine were 'bout as easy to work on as an briggs & stratton lawnmower. unfortunately, we kinda caved to social convention and bought transportation more appropriate to our means. sucker.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)